Waking The Dead Out Of The Living

Awake

Charlotte couldn’t see anymore.
I’m blind, she thought as she struggled to get up from the floor. This is my punishment for killing my best friend.
A soft shadow suddenly reflected on her night table and she suddenly realized that she wasn’t actually blind.
She felt her way towards her lamp and turned it on. The room lightened up and Charlotte could, after all, see everything.
She wasn’t sure if she was disappointed or grateful. She kind of hoped she would have gotten a punishment.
She sure did deserve one.
She looked at her clock to see it flash midnight in bright red.
Charlotte could feel that her eyes were swollen, most likely from all the crying and her mid-day nap.
Her nails were full of dirt and the skin on her hands were tinted brown.
She numbly made her to the bathroom, taking small steps in the dark hall way.
Once in the bathroom she turned on the light and caught her tired reflection in
the mirror.
She couldn’t care less of how she looked at the moment.
Tears came to her eyes once more as she shakily turned the knob from the sink and brought her hands under the warm water, turning the water brown.
It hurt her still to think that this is the dirt that covered Seth's coffing, the dirt that covered his body.
His dead body, she thought.
She could feel her shoulder’s and hands shake as she reached for the soap.
She aimed to grab it, and did, until it slipped out of her hands and onto the ground.
Giving up so easily, she backed up against the wall and slid to the floor clutching her head which was supposed to hurt, but isn’t.
It was weird, but her head felt perfectly good, unlike her heart, of which felt like there were two walls closing up on it.
Taking in a deep breath, Charlotte got up from the ground, picked up the soap and started to rub her hands roughly in the sink until her skin felt raw and red.
She washed her face as well and then went back to her room.
Changing into something more comfortable, she lay on her bed once more and closed her eyes.
Minutes passed and she was unable to sleep.
She listened to her breaths, hoping it would help, but it didn’t.
Her breaths suddenly stopped as she heard a soft knocking noise coming from her window.
Not again, she thought and hit herself on her cheek, trying to wake up.
She frowned as she realized that this wouldn’t happen in a normal dream.
But this isn’t a dream, this is a nightmare, she thought and sighed.
The knocking sound was getting louder and her heart was beating faster, even if she knew it was a dream.
Nightmare, she corrected herself.
The knocking sound was still going on.
Charlotte sighed and got up, looking at the covered window.
If I just do like I did in the other one, it will end, she thought and approached the window slowly.
She pushed away the curtain, to be met with blinds.
She rolled her eyes and pulled at the blinds.
Seth was there, as expected.
He was kneeling, his arms on his knees as he looked at Charlotte.
He’s covered in dirt, Charlotte realized as she waited for him to lunge through the window.
But he never did, and she never woke up.
Because she already was.
♠ ♠ ♠
three chapters in one day, I can't seem to stop writing this story.
Please rate or comment or subscribe, or whatever. If you like it. :D