Wait for Me to Come Home

Who Cares Baby, I Think I Wanna Marry You

She couldn't remember how it started. All she could remember is laughing, there was lots of laughing, and shots, glasses and glasses of shots.

It might have been him that suggested it, planting the seed in both their minds, joking that he wanted a wife like her. Someone who was sweet, could hold their liquor and loved to read and watch movies like him.

Isobel laughed, waving off John's claims that he would want someone like her and instead chose to order another round of drinks.

"C'mon Belly, don't you think it would be great?" John grinned as Isobel shook her head with a chuckle.

"John, you barely know me. I'm your band mates girlfriends best friend" Isobel chuckled "and Garrett and Emmie have only been going out for a handful of months, you haven't even known me for half a year"

John ignored her, wrapping his arm around the girls shoulder and pulling her into a hug "You'd still be the perfect wife, Belly!" John claimed, his whisky scented breath hitting her in the face.

"Unless you are chicken..." He grinned as Isobel's frowned at the claim, leaning back to look at the boys face which was hard to do with his arms still wrapped around her shoulders.

"I'm no chicken!" she retorted, glaring at the boy who just grinned wider, unwrapping one arm to flag down the bartender and ordering another round of drinks; double Jack Daniels and coke for the lady and a whisky on the rocks for himself.

"Well then, it's sorted!" he stated taking a long sip of his drink, emptying it of half of its content as Isobel stared at him confused.

"What's sorted?" she asked, drink lifted halfway to her mouth as John's mouth formed that crooked smile.

"We're getting married!" he declared, his hand pushing one of her long dark locks behind her ear. "What do you say?" Isobel nodded, a goofy smile playing on her face as she thought about her foolish they were being.

The next thing she knew John had grabbed her by the hand and pulled her out of the bar not allowing her to grab her coat, Isobel was only happy that she had left her shoulder bag crossed over her body.

He had hailed a taxi in record time, stating some address that Isobel didn't know as he pulled her in along side of him, wrapping his arm around her shoulder.

"Where are we going, O'Callaghan?" Isobel queried, rubbing the edges of her lips with her forefinger, trying to smooth any smudges of her lipstick, she was sure she looked a mess.

"My friend owe's me a favour, we are going to collect it" John mumbled, looking out the window as his finger traced patterns on the edge of her shoulder.

This only puzzled her more, they had joked about getting married and the next thing she knew John had dragged her out of Emmie's birthday party and into the back of the cab.

"We are here!" John announced, chucking some money at the driver before grabbing Isobel by the hand and dragging her down the drive and to the door, knocking on it hard.

"John, man, what you doing here? It's like three in the morning?" a tired man asked, rubbing his eyes as he straightened his shirt. His dark hair was sticking up and he was wearing only a grey shirt and a pair of plaid boxers, Isobel was sure that she had woken him up.

"I need you to marry me" John stated pushing past the man and pulling Isobel into the house.

"John, dude, I love you but I'm not marrying you!" the man mumbled, rubbing his eyes before running a hand through his hair, collapsing onto his couch.

"Not you, Jason! Isobel!" John stated, motioning to the dark haired girl who stood awkwardly in the doorway, wringing her hands. "I want you to marry me and Isobel, you are ordained remember? From when you did it for Dillon and Lila"

"John, it's 3am. Are you sure you want to do this now? Don't you want to do it wait until the morning?" Jason asked, but John shook his head, walking over to Isobel and wrapping his arms around her shoulder.

"No I want to do it now"

"Isobel?" Jason asked, as she looked up meeting his eyes as he looked at her warily. "Are you sure you want to do this?"

"Yes, I want to do this now!" she answered simply, a small smile playing on her face.