Status: I'm not sure about this one so please tell me what you think

Hidden Paws

Pain

When I was little I remembered being bitten by a large dog. I remember my parents coming out and my mother pulling an into her arms as a loud bang rang through our yard. I was quickly rushed to the hospital and given shots while my arm was patched up.

I didn't realize that it was no dog that bit me that night, it wasn't even a real wolf. Now that i look back on it the wolf was to big. It was probably twice the size of what a real wolf should be. I didnt know that i was bitten by a werewolf until a week after my 21st birthday.

It started at work, the scar on my upper arm started to itch like a big had bit me. As the day went on more signs showed up, my tempature rose and my bones ached. I left work early that day and went home. I had gone strait to bed and quickly fell asleep, until the sun set. My fever rose and the itching from my scar turned into a burning pain. I clawed at it leaving streaks of blood behind as I withered on my bed. I could feel the moon slowly rise and after a while the first bone broke tearing a scream from my throat. More and more bones started to break and I could only lay there and whimper. The most painful part was my spin cracking, I screamed until my screams turned into snarling.

I didn't realize I had blacked out until I woke up while the sun was starting to come up, in my neighbors back yard. Their dog looking back at me with dead eyes. I felt bile rise in my throat as I looked over the dog. It's body was covered in blood and it's neck was twisted the wrong way. I heard a loud gasp and quickly stood up and bolted from the yard. I remembered clearing their fence and running into the woods heading to my house.

I stumbled when I saw my house, the back door was in splinters and inside everything was ripped apart. I took a deep breath and walked inside. I ignored my trashed house and went to the bathroom only to realize I had been walking on four legs. I quickly looked down to see black fur covering long legs and large paws. Long claws stood out against the black fur and a whimper left my throat. I looked over to see myself in the mirror, my fur was as black as night and my eyes a icy blue color. My heart hammered in my chest as I looked away.

Was I going to be stuck like this or was I going to be able to change back? Was I going to have to live in the woods like a wolf or was this just a bad dream.

The sound of bones cracking and a slight pain pushed away my fear. I don't know how long it took but after the sound of cracking bones stoped I saw my hands in front of me. I stood on two legs and looked at myself. My blond hair has stocks leaves and dried blood matting it. My face and chest where covered in blood and my fear came back stronger. I took a deep breath and looked away. I stepped over to the shower and quickly turned it on, stepping under the cold water. I scrubbed my self off until I was satisfied that i was clean before stepping out. I wrapped myself in a towel before heading to my room.

It was probably the worst room in the house. My bed was destroyed and my clothes thrown around the room. I quickly found something that was torn up to put on and left my house hoping that this was all a bad dream.

On my way to work I stopped to get some food and after devouring a breakfast burrito I still felt hungry. I stopped at another fast food place and ordered more.

Finally when I got to work I was carring two bag filled with everything you could get.

My small jewelry stor didnt open until 8 which left me with another hour to clean and finish up paperwork I didn't get to do yesterday. After a while I heard the front door open and my employ Blare walked in. She looked me over before giving me a large smile.

"How do you feel today?" She asked setting her bag down on my desk. The smell of safe and something sweet came from her that made my nose itch.

"Better. It must of been something I ate. I felt as good as new today."

"You know you could have taken the day off. I can handle it here just fine." She said going to the door and flipping the sigh over so it showed we where open.

"I know but I feel fine and I like being here." I said leaning back in my chair. Blare shook her head leaning against one of the display cases.

"Your only just turned 21. You should be out partying not sitting behind a desk."

"I know but my grandpa left this store to me and I want to make sure it's up and running well before I leave take time off."

"Its already running great. You can take time off now and if you keep working like this your going to make yourself sick."

"I'll be fine, dont worry." I sighed. Blare opened her mouth to say something when her phone rang, cutting her off. She quickly pulled it out of her bag and looked at it.

"I'll be right back." She said and headed to the back room. I say there and closed my eyes. My hearing sharpened and I could hear Blare talking on the phone. My eyes snapped open in shock. I could easily hear her. I could hear her pacing and every word she said, but what caught my attention was the word werewolf.

"What do you mean a werewolf killed a dog?" She whipered angrily into the phone.

"A black one? If I recall the local pack has no pure black wolf."

"You think it might be a rouge?" She askes.

"What do you mean the wolves can't track it?" Blare sighed and stopped pacing.

"I can't leave right now, I'm at work but when I get off I'll come right over." Blare said as she came back into the room.

"Everything alright?" I asked.

"Just family problems."

"You can head home if you need to. I was thinking about leaving early today anyway."

"Are you sure?" She asked narrowing her eyes at me. She sighed grabbing her bag.

"Thanks Ivy." She said and quickly left. I leaned back as her scent started to fade. I was headed to the door when pain shot up my spin. I gasped catching myself on the counter. I made it to the door flipping the sigh so that we where closed and locking the door.

I stumbled into the back room where I fell on the floor. It wasn't as painful this time but it still hurt. I didn't remember pulling my clothes off until I was laying on panting. My muscles twitched with the need to move. A growl rummbled in my chest as I started to pace.

An hour later I felt my bone break and change. Half way through the change I heard someone kicking on my front glass window. I quickly through on my clothes and rushed to the door.

"Are you Ivy?" The cop asked.

"Yes."

"It seems like some had broken into your house." My eyes widen and i stood there for a second.

"I'll head over right now." I said grobbing my keys and locking up the shop. I ran over to my car and quickly headed home.