Status: I'm not sure about this one so please tell me what you think

Hidden Paws

Lisa

When I got there the cops asked me questions and made me look through the house. I was glad they believed that it was a break in. I told them that I had nothing stolen and told them everything worth money was at my shop.

When the cops where getting up to leave a old car pulled up. Blare stepped out along with two men. Both where tall and we'll muscled. One had light brown hair and honey brown eyes. The other one had long black hair, dark blue eyes and stood a few inches taller than the other.

Blare ran over to me while the other two slowly made their way over.

"Ivy are you ok?" Blare asked coming over to me.

"Ya I'm fine." I said looking at the two men who finally made it over to us.

"Did they take anything?"

"No but it looks like they where looking for something."

"If you want you can stay at my place. I wouldn't mind having you. " I could tell her was lying.

"Thanks but I thought I would either go see my parents until this was taken care of or stay my grandpa's place."

"I'll watch the shop for you."

"Thanks Blare." I smiled at her.

"No problem and if you need any help just call." She said.

"I will." I said and she flashed me a smile before she went over to the men. I sighed going inside. I grabbed my laptop and put it in a bag along with the clothes that didn't get ripped apart.

When I went back outside everyone was gone and it was quite out. I tossed my bag into my car and without looking at my trashed house headed out of town towards my grandpa's place.

I spent more time with my grandpa then I did with my own parents. So when he died he left me his jewelry shop and his cabin that was about a 30 minute drive from town.

Half way there pain shot through my body causing me to jerk the wheel and my car to swerve into the other lane. I still had a 15 minute drive up the dirt road to the house before I got there.

I held off the pain as long as I could but it was horrifying watching long claws grow from my fingers tips and black hair grow from my skin. I had to pull over and stumbled into the woods. It only took a second but my clothes where torn from my body and the next thing i knew it I was standing on four legs. I growled and looked back at my car. There was a trial near by so no one would think anything if they saw my car parked off to the side.

I needed to know more about werewolves. Where they all like me and would change at random. I scratched at the ground and my stomach rummbled. I should have gotten something to eat on my way out here.

I paced around keeping my car in sight until I finally shifted back. When I climbed back into my car after putting on new clothes and looked at the time I had only been a wolf for 30 minites. The first time i had been in wolf form for 4 hours.

I shook my head and headed the rest of the way to the cabin. I grabbed my bag and stopped outside the door.

Coming from the house was a sickening smell. It made my stomach roll and my nose burn. I held my shook away the sick feeling and walked inside. I walked around until I found where the smell was coming from. I opened the cabinet open and found a book inside a plastic bag and a box the had a type of dried up flower in it. I went and found a bag and dumped the box into the bag and tied it off before setting it outside. I opened up some windows to air out the house as I grabbed the book and set it on the kitchen counter. There was nothing to eat here so I would have to head back into town to get some food later, but right now the book was more important than feeding my empty stomach.

I pulled it out of the bag and set it on thw table. I remember seeing my grandpa with this book, it was his journal. I remember him writing in it late at night.

I took a deep breath and opened to the first page. My grandpa's hand writing filled the page.

The first page read, " Ivy If you have found this then that means you are moon called. Dont be scared it isn't your fault that you are like this. You must never tell your parents since your mother wasn't moon called like yourself and my wife was human. Your uncle wasn't moon called either. But when your mother told me you where bitten by a wolf I could only wonder. If you find this before you fully mature be warned for one night when the moon is full you will either change into a wolf or die. I couldn't tell you this because if you found out that werewolves where real and you disnt change into a wolf after you matured then your life would still be in danger.

The rumors about werewolves aren't all true. Silver does really nothing to us but like the plant that you found along with this book can hurt you and make you feel sick. Be careful around town and other wolves.

Male wolves are very much different than female wolves. After the first change most males are able to control thier wolf side. I've only met one female werewolf and she told me that it took her years to control herself. Every night from Sun set to sunrise she would be a wolf and even during the day she would suddenly change for certain amonts of time. I am sorry love but that is another reason why I left you my cabin. No pack calls my land they're own. You can be safe here as long as you need. I also left a bank acount in your name in case you need it.

I wrote everything you need in this book that you need to know about werewolves. Read it over carefully and please be careful."

I sat there in shock, my grandpa knew I might be a werewolf and wrote all this down for me.

I sat there for a while before my stomach growled and I grabbed my computer. I ordered groceries to be delivered and sat down. I didn't have long before the sun set and if my grandpa was right i would change into a wolf. My phone rang causing me to jump. It was Blare. I took a deep breath and answered.

"Hey." I said.

"How are you doing? " she asked.

"Just fine, thanks." I said and had a feeling Blare was being nosy.

"Hey I just have a quick questions did you hear any wolves near your house last night?" She asked.

"No but I was pretty out of it last night. I took some medicine before I went to bed so I was sleeping like the dead." I laughed.

"I see." She seemed to think about it.

"Plus we live in Montana it isn't weird to hear wolves every once in a while."

"Your right."

"I'll probably have you watch the shop for a few days. I have to wait for my house to be redone and I have somethings to take care of." I said.

"Take your time I can handle things here." She said.

"Thanks, I'll talk to you later." I said. We both said bye and hung up. I set my phone off to the side and flipped through the journal.

On the last page there was the name Lisa and a number. I started at it a long time, I didn't have time to call someone. The sun was setting soon so I would have to wait tell morning. I quickly stripped out of my cloths and cracked open the back door, but unlike the night before as soon as the pain hit me everything went black.

I came to running through the woods. I wasn't in control of my body and I could feel the animal in me, she was in control. Our stomach rummbled and she out on a little more speed. It took me a second to realize what we where doing but the wolf knew what to do. We where hungry and we would eat tonight.

I saw the rabbit and heard it's scream as our teeth sank into its flesh. We ate and then sat in the grass cleaning ourself. O t felt weird sharing a body with something else. It was comforting that I wasn't alone.

The rest of the night we marked the land around the cabin and explored the land. When the sun started to come up we made out way back into the house before we shifted. I didn't bother to look at myself in the mirror as I walked into the shower. I just quickly washed myself off before I went to the kitchen. I had left the book open on the counter, the name Lisa stood out in the page.

I grabbed my phone and quickly dialed the number. After a few rings someone answered.

"Hello." The person sounded like they just woke up.

"Hi is Lisa there?" I asked. There was a deep growl.

"What business so you have with Lisa?" He growled.

"I'm the granddaughter of Frank. He left me a journal and inside was the name Lisa and a number. I thought I would call." The other end was silent for a while before there was a sigh.

"Hello?" A female voice said. I sighed.

"His I'm Frank's granddaughter and he left me your number."

"Frank." She was silent for a second before she gasped.

"Frank? As in the lone wolf that had a granddaughter that was bitten?" She asked.

"I'm not sure if he was a wolf but I was bitten."

"I see so that means you went through the change."

"Yes."

"Ok are you staying on Frank's old cabin?" She asked.

"Yes."

"Ok just stay there. See if you can get alot of meat there, your going to need it. I'll talk to you soon." She said and the lone went dead. I groaned but did what she said. I grabbed my laptop and ordered more food. It wouldn't be here tell tomorrow but that was fine, I had food arriving today anyway.

I checked what time it would be arriving and wrote a note. That simple said if I didn't answer the door I was taking a walk in the woods and it was ok to leave it. The rest of the day I say around the house, at around 9 I shifted again but only stayed in wolf form for 15 minutes.I shifted again at 1 and had to wait three hours before I was able to shift again. In that there hours my food was delivered. Once I was back on two feet I pulled on a shirt and brought the food inside. I quickly put it away and made something to eat. After eating I shifted again this time I didn't change back. Night came and I paced the house scenting every corner. I jumped up on my bed and fell asleep after a while. I remember the pain of shifting back and then shifting again. I javent had much sleep in the last two days and slept through the shift.

I was woken up later to the sound of someone knocking on my door. I jumped from my bed and silently padded to the front door. I could smell two people in the other side.

They knocked again and I ran to the back door that was still open. I nosed the door open and ran around to the front. A short fuel was waiting patiently at the door while a man tapped his foot behind her.

"She might not be here." The man said. It was the same man that answered the phone yesterday. I huffed and came into view. They both froze and slowly turn to me. The girl smiled and the man gave a small wistle.

"Your a big one aren't you." The girl smiled.

"She is pretty big for a female." The man said. I sighed walking over to them.

"May we go inside?" The girl said. I nodded and she opened the door. I went inside and closed the back door. The followed me into the kitchen, the man held two suit cases and a small bag and he set them down against the wall.

"If you might of guessed I'm Lisa and this is my mate Kit." I nodded at both of them.

"Well since we can really talk until you change back how about I make us something to eat." She said already heading to the fridge.

"You don't have much do you." She said looking through the fridge. I huffed sitting down. II looked at the clock and saw it was almost noon. The smell of cooling food quickly filled the house and my stomach rummbled. The man laughed looking at me.

"The more you shift the more you need to eat. If you don't eat then the wolf makes you eat and sometimes it doesn't care what it hunts." He said. I nodded and after a while I felt the first pain of the shift. I stood up running to my room. I fished changing and got dressed. I felt worn out and hungry when I came back into the kitchen.

"Here eat then we can talk." Lisa said placing a plate on the table. I quickly say down and ate. I was so hungry I barley tastes the food. When I was done I pushed the plate away and sighed.

"How do you feel?" She asked.

"Better thank you. I'm Ivy by the way."

"Well tell me what you know so far." Lisa said sitting across from me.

"Not much. I just changed a few night ago and I can't control them. I change 2 or 3 times a day and all through the night I'm a wolf. My grandpa left me a journal to read but I haven't had the time to read it."

"It would probably help if you where in a pack since they can protect you while you go through the change but if your like me you want to stay away from a pack."

"I over heard a friend talking about wolves living here."

"I see. Well how about you wait here while Kit and I go get some things you are missing here."

"That's fine, it isn't like I can go anywhere anyway but here let me give you some money."

"Its fine honey. We can take care of it, plus it is a honor for us to help a rare images female wolf." She winked at me before leaving me alone again.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know the grammar is bad but I'm writing this on my phone. When I get the chance I will fix the mistakes.