Status: I'm not sure about this one so please tell me what you think

Hidden Paws

Collar

I was sitting on my computer ordering tv and trash service when Lisa and her mate walked back in. Both where carring handfuls of bags filled with food and other thing.

While they where gone my other order came in and was put in the freeze in the basement.

I followed them into the kitchen while they started putting stuff away. Then Lisa handed me a bag. Inside there was a robe and a dog collar. I looked up at her and she gave me a smile.

"Don't worry it actually can come in handy. When you are in your wolf form we will fit it for you. " She said.

"Its actually a law. A wolf that isn't running in a group or is out in public has to wear a collar with a name and a number to call in case some human finds you." Kit said. I looked at the dog tag and saw my name and then a number. I sighed and set it off to the side.

"The robe is easier to take of then your clothes. Also while you are shifting you're skin is hyper sensitive. Having cloths on can hurt sometimes. Also having someone touch you can hurt."

"Thank you." I smiled at her.

"I went through this alone. I want you to be ready."

" You should consider joining a pack. It would make it easier for you and your wolf." Kit said leaning against the counter.

"I don't know." I said.

"Frank was a lone wolf because he was to dominant and didn't want to lead a pack. That is why he lives so far away from town away from other wolves." Lisa said.

"I am going to see the pack tomorrow. I have busniuss with them anyway. So I will make sure this pack is safe. If not you are always welcome to come back home with us and see our pack. You can choose which pack you want to join."

"I'll think about it." I said.

"Don't worry honey. Everything will be fine. Now why don't you go get ready the sun is setting soon."

"I will." I said heading to my room. I took off my clothes, sitting on the bed and watched the sun slowly sunk below the horizon. I groaned as pain ran through my body and i bent forwards landing on four paws. The changes where faster and less painful than before I was glad there wasn't pain like the first few times.

Lisa came in knocking on the door. She held the dark purple collar in her hands with a small smile on her face.

"Let me get this in you. " She said kneeling in front of me. She fitted the collar on me and stood up.

"Would you mind if I run with you? " she asked. I shook my head and she smiled.

"The back door is open so I'll meet you out back." She said. I trotted out of the house. Kit was on the phone in the living room and nodded to me as I passed. I went out back and waited. I pawed at the ground until Lisa came out. She was small probably a few inches shorter than me in wolf form. Her for was a red brown color and her tail waggedas she walked closer. She nipped at my shoulder and ran into the woods. ItIt took me a second to realize she wanted me to chase after her.

I took off after her. We both ran around the woods most of the night and came to rest behind the cabin. We both fell asleep bundled up together. It was nice having someone to be with.