Status: I'm not sure about this one so please tell me what you think

Hidden Paws

Pack

I had no clue why the wolf kings son was in town. He called yesterday saying he was stopping by to ask me something. He should be here any time now and the whole pack was tense waiting for him to arrive. Though when he did show up he wasn't alone. He didn't tell us he had someone else coming with him.

He knocked on the door and one of the wolves went to answer it. I was suprises to see a small girl with him. She looked around the room and met my eyes. She smiled and Kit placed his hand in her shoulder. So that was his mate.

"What brings you to our land so suddenly?" I asked.

"That's my fault. I was coming here to help someone and he followed." the girl smiled.

"Your fault?" I asked.

"We aren't really in your land but it close to it so I thought I would come say hi and talk to you about something important." Kit said sitting down. I nodded and most of the wolves relaxed and some left the room.

"Well tell me what you want to talk about."

"The reson why we are here is because a female wolf came of age a while ago and my mate here is helping her out."

"Female wolf? There is none." I laughed.

"Not true. If the girl has wolf blood in her and she is bitten she will either die or become a wolf when she comes of age. Most die but this one made it through the change. My mate here is prof that female wolves are real. Though they have a few more risks than males."

"So your telling me a female wolf came of age. So what do you want me for."

"She should join a pack. It isn't good for a female to be in her own. We have given her the choice of join the local pack or coming home with us."

"I would like to meet her." I said. The girl flashed her teeth in a snarl and Kit out his hand on her shoulder.

"She is unsure if she can trust other wolves since she found out that she is one just a while ago. It is up to my mate of you are allowed to meet her." He said smiling.

"I'll let you meet her as long as you are alone and we are off pack land." Everyone was silent for a while as I thought it over.

"Fine we will meet a little after noon."

"She isn't able to travel during the day. How about after sunset up at the old hiking trail." Kit asked.

"That's fine."

"Ok we will see you then." Kit said standing up.

"Sorry to bardge in on you. " his mate smiled as they left. I leaned back.

"A femal wolf?" Derek my second said from next to me.

"His mate was a wolf." I said.

"So now two female wolves."

"They want us to bring in a female wolf."

"Sounds like it."

"The guys are going to be throwing themselves at her feet."

"She might be ugly." I smiled. Derek laughed and left the room shaking his head.

<♡>

The sun was about to set and the park was mostly empty. There was only one other car parked near the opening of the trail. As the sun set Kit and his mate came from the trail.

"Have you been waiting long?" Kit asked.

"No I just got here a while ago."

"Ok. She will be out soon." His mate said. Darkness had set in and the lone light in the parking lot wasn't quiet enough for my human eyes.

Both Kit and his mate seemed to follow something and I heard the crack of a branch somewhere in the brush. Kit sighed tapping his foot in the ground. I saw a flash of blue eyes staring at me and felt a shiver run up my spin. Most wolves have ember or golden eyes. Blue was rare. Since where where close to grey wolves most of us where some shade of grey some where brown or blonde.

The blue eyes disappeared and a few seconds later there was a jingle and I saw it's form. It was a good sized wolf but I couldn't tell if it was female or make from here. Finally it took a deep out into the light. I was shocked it didn't look like a werewolf, yes it was a large as a werewolf but we have blockier muzzles and bigger manes. This wolf's muzzle was more was more narrow and it's still had a name but not like other wolves. Still it's black fur was sleek and soft looking. She paces forward her heading over to Kit's mate. She sat down and looked me over.

I wanted to see what she looked like in human skin.

"Can she shift?" I asked. The wolf huffed looking away like it was uninterested in us.

"Lets go sit down." Kit said heading over to the picnic bench that was under the light. The wolf walked away it's nose to the ground. All new wolves acted the same. They wanted to learn smell they could.

"I told you earlier that female wolves are more at risk than males was because they have no control over they're shifts. It takes a few months to a year until they can control it. I don't know if it's for protection or that they just can't help it. Right now she will randomly shift 2 to 3 times a day and when the sun sets she is wolf until it comes back up. Right now she eats more then a make wolf because she shifts so often." Kit said getting a growl from the wolf. I smiled realising she wasn't ignoring us.

Her collar jingled as she trotted over to us. I turned around looking at her. She came just out of reach and sniffed at the air. She sneezed backing up and running her nose against her paw. I laughed leaning back. She glared at me.

"That smell lingering on him is witch. He was with a witch recently." Kit's mate smiled.

"Yes we have been using a witch to help find what we thought was a rouge black wolf that killed some families pet, I guess we don't need to look anymore." I smiled. The wolf cringed looking away.

It's fine. When I first changed I looked my neighbors 3 pet cats."

"Lisa the day killer, sounds tough." Kit laughed. Lisa punched him in the soulder but laughed along.

"How about you bring her over to the pack some night. We will go out on a run on pack land." I asked. Lisa narrowed her eyes at me.

"She will be under my protection. No wolf will touch her unless she allows it." I said.

"Are you up for it?" Lisa asked. The wolf watched me for a second before it turned to Lisa with a nod.

"Good then we will we you tomorrow night at the pack house. I will inform all my wolves that she is coming." I said. I wanted this wolf to join our pack, but I would let mine of my wolves touch her.

"Ae a you going to be riding in the car." The wolf's eyes widen and it shook its head. I laughed.

It wasn't pleasant for a wolf to ride in a small car, we where just to big to ride in one. The back of the truck was better.

"Then I would get going." Lisa smiled. The wolf nodded at me then took off into the woods.

"You like her." Lisa smiled.

"I do. I would like her to join my pack."

"Its alot of work keeping a female wolf in your pack. At any moment she could shift. And it will continue until she has fully grown into her wolf." Lisa said.

"How did you do it?" I asked.

"The same thing as her. I moved out to the middle of the woods and waited. Though Kit found me after a few months and brought me back home with him."

"How offten did you change?"

"It was about the same for me."

"She needs someone to teach her how to be a werewolf. We would do it but my dad has us doing to many things at the moment. We can't stay here much longer and Lisa doesn't want to leave her unless she is safe. Once someone finds out that there is a inmates female werewolf other packs will come after her."

"Why?" I asked.

"What do you get when two werewolves breed?" Lisa asked.

"A child that will be 100% wolf. No more human children."

"Exactly. Some packs might take her just for breeding."

"Though can she have kids?"

"We found out that a female wolf becomes fertile every 10 years."

"10 years." I said thinking about it. Not really a long time for a werewolf once we hit our prime we stop aging.

"She will need a mate before that. Like most animals when the need to mate hits it is strong for both the male and female." Lisa said.

"I see."

"Well we better get going. She can't get into the house without us there." Lisa smiled standing up.

"I will see you tomorrow night." I said heading for my car. I watched them leave and sighed. I need to talk to my wolves.

<♢>

The next morning I called my wolves. They all day in my living room waiting, some where talking about a run they went on last night and the younger ones where talking about plans they had for the weekend.

"There will be a pack run tonight."

"Will Kit and his mate be there?" Derek asked.

"Yes along with a female wolf they want to join our pack. She is new and under my protection, any of you touch her without an invite will be punished." I said looking across the room.

"So you lay claim?" Kyle, a fairly dominant young wolf asked.

"Yes I lay claim." I growled meeting his eyes. He looked away after a second.

"Remeber she is new and doesn't know the way a pack works. If I'm right her first change was sometime this week and she didn't know we existed before that."

"A real pup and a female one at that." Derek laughed with a smile.

"She will be arriving here in wolf form a little after sun set.

"Why not in human form?" Jax another going werewolf asked.

"Because she isn't old enough to control her changes. It's complicated and has something to do with being a female wolf." I said.

"Anything else we need to know?" Derek asked.

"Just be on your best behavior." I said looking over the room again. Everyone would be fine but the one I had to watch out for was Kyle. He would try to claim her, if she wanted him to or not.