Status: I'm not sure about this one so please tell me what you think

Hidden Paws

Run

I waited in the front room for the wolf to arrive. The pack was already out back waiting for us and they where all ready for a run.

When the car pulled up I opened the door waiting for them.

"Are we late?" Kit asked as his mate opened the back door for the wolf. She looked around her, her ears moving around to catch all the sounds. Her head lowered to the ground catching new scents.

"Come on." Lisa said patting her on the shoulder. Her movements where stiff with her nerves. I smiled at her and bent down.

"As long as you stay with me everything will be fine." I smiled. She huffed blowing air in my face.

"The pack is out back waiting. For now just stand behind either me or Kit while the rest of us change." She nodded. She looked over at Kit and notice him grabbing hold of Lisa's hand. She looked back at me and ended up following me arounnnnd the house. She stayed close to my side as we saw the wolves. There was only 11 wolves in the pack and 4 out of the 11 where still young only 2 or 3 years as wolves.

All wolves turned out way and the wolf next to me didn't show any fear. She kept her head forward and ears alert, like she wasn't scared of any of the wolves here.

"Ready?" I asked and all the men lifted they're heads and howled. The air seemed to buzz as we took off out clothes and started to shift I noticed the wolf wounder a little ways off while the group changed, but once we where fone she was standing by my side. A growl rumbled in my chest as some of the wolves approached. They all stopped moving and waited. I went over to the wolf and sniffed at the fur around her throat. She didn't move and I sniffed around her body. She stood perfectly still as I rubbed my cheek against her, rubbing my scent into her fur. I stepped away and allowed Derek and some of the older wolves to come over. They all took turns sniffing at her, remembering her scent. When the younger wolves came over her ears went back a little but she didn't move while they did the same.

Kyle came up last and gave her a nip on her hind leg. She growled and snapped her teeth at him causing him to laugh a deep rumble before trotting into the woods. Her eyes narrowed as she watched him walk into the woods.

I nudged her with my nose to move and she gave me a annoyed look before trooting into the woods next to me. Kit and his mate went off on they're own while I watched the wolf.

With her next to me I noticed more thing, she was close to my size which suprised me. Also the tip of her tail was white, Just a small little patch.

A howl ride up the start of the hunt and her ears perked forward. The wolf's went silent and I broke off into a run. She followed a few paces behind me until we met up with the rest of the pack who where running after what smelled like a elk. I broke to the front of the group as we chased it down. Once we got it into a clearing I put on a burst of speed, easily catching up to the tired animal. One I was close enough I jumped at its throat handing on like a bulldog. I felt the elk jolt and saw blue eyes looking down at me. The wolf has jumped on its back closing its fangs around its spin.

My weight pulled it to the ground while the black wolf jumped gracefully to the ground. It sat back and waited for it to take its final breath.

Once it was dead I let go of my hold and howled. The pack joined me and soon I heard the other wolf join as well. Once some the wolf dug in. I looked at the wolf until it came back over to my side. I dug into the elk and after a second the other wolf joined in. It are as much as it could, more than most of the wolves here. I stayed by her side until she was done. Most of the wolves already woundered off to rest.

She looked over at me and I turned to the house.

She followed me back to a open patch of grass behind my house. I layed down and began licking my paws clean. She soon did the same and once I was done with my paws I slowly went over to her. She was now resting her head on her paws and i licked at her muzzle. She closed her eyes and sifhed, I layed down next to her pressing my body against her as I cleaned the blood off her muzzle. Soon she was asleep and I driffed off soon after.

A loud yelp woke me up. The wolf wasn't at my side anymore and the sound had come from just inside the woods. I could head snarling coming from somewhere close and quickly followed the sound.

I found the wolf snarling down at Kyle. Blood glisend from a cut on her shoulder but Kyle seemed worst off. He looked like she had gotten hold of his throat. Kyle had his belly exposed and whimpered softly up at the wolf. She was mad, more than mad. She snapped at Kyle one more time before trotting over to me. I looked at the wound on her shoulder and growled.

"It over now." Jax said coming out from behind a tree.

I growled and began to shift.

"What happened?" I growled.

He tried to claim her." Jax said while blushing. The wolf growled causing another round of whimpers to come from Kyle.

"What else?"

"While he was trying to... mount her he cut her shoulder, and like that she spun on him and as you can tell beat his ass." Jax laughed at the last part.

"Kyle go home. I don't want to see your face for a while, but when I see you again be ready for breaking my word." Kyle crawled away on his belly. I turned to the wolf and looked down at her.

"Lets head to the house where I can patch you up." I said. She nodded following after me.

On the way to the house I spotted Lisa and Kit laying together under a tree. The was limping at my side as I opened the door for her. I lead her to my room where I went to find the medical Kit. She growled while I cleaned the wound but didn't move.

"It should be healed by the end of the day." I said while cleaning up.

"Its only 2 so you can use any room if you like though I would feel better if you stayed with me." I said. She looked over at the bed and quickly jumped on it. She spun around a few times before curling up into a ball. I laughed pulling on some boxers before slipping under the covers.

I remember waking up to groaning but didn't bother seeing what it was. A little later a woke up again to feel something pressed up agaisnt me. Think that the wolf was still there I turned over and fell back asleep. What woke me all the way up was a loud snap. My eyes shot open to see the wolf panting at the end of the bed. It looked over at me but it's eyes where glazed over with pain. It shook its head and look at me again.

I looked at the clock and it read 2:35.

"Did you can be back when the sun rose?" I asked. The wolf nodded but I sighed.

"I was hoping to see what you look like." I smiled. The wolf laughed shaking the bed.

"How did you like the run last night, besides the part with Kyle?" I asked. Her tail wagged and I smiled pulling the covers up over my head. She was cute. I wanted her to stay so bad and thinking that Kyle could have ruined that chance made my blood boil.

The mattress dipped and she nosed her way under the covers to look at me. She looked at me and shook her body so the covers fell to the ground. There was a knock on the door and Lisa opened opened it.

"Ivy we are heading home." So her name was Ivy. He grumbled as she hopped off the bed.

"Your welcome to come again." I smiled. She looked at Lisa and nodded.

"How about you come over for lunch tomorrow?" Lisa asked. My eyes widen and for a moment I didn't say anything.

"Sure."

"Good." Lisa pulled a paper out of her pocket and handed it to me. I looked over the address and my eyes widen even more.

"This is the old lone wolf's house. Why are you staying there?" My dad, the alpha before me, told me to never enter that woods land. He was a true alpha and didn't want any wolves in his land. We all learned the hard way when we had a angry wolf chasing after us.

"That is where we are staying. So don't worry about it." She smiled. The wolf nudged Lisa out the door.

"Ok I'll get going." She said waving as the wolf pushed her out of the door. I listened to them as they lefted and sighed.

"So you get to meet her tomorrow." Derek said leaning against the door.

"Probably."

"So you think Kyle scared her off?"

"I hope not."

"He was pretty badly hurt. She basicly tore him a new new one." He laughes.

"Good." I growled.

"Come on we have stuff to do." He said leaving. I sighed getting up to do pack business.