Status: I'm not sure about this one so please tell me what you think

Hidden Paws

Joining the Fun

The next day I stood in front of the old wolf's house. I took a deep breath ready to knock when a sharp bark sounded from behind it. I jumped back as Lisa opened the door.

"Are you going to stay there all day or come in?" She asked. The wolf grumbled at her side and turned around heading into the house. The smell of cooking meat filled the house but I didn't smell the old wolf.

"Where is the old wolf at?" I asked feeling nervous.

"Frank passed away a few years ago." Lisa said.

"I see." I said watching the wolf sniff at my leg.

"Don't worry about it so much." Lisa smiled. The wolf whined leaving the room.

"She will be back in a few minutes." Lisa said working on the food.

A few minutes later a girl came in wrapped in a robe. She was beautiful with Her long blonde hair reached her thighs and her green eyes where clouded.

"Are you all right?" I reached out to her but was stopped by Lisa. The girl shook her head and smiled.

"I'm fine now." She smiled. She was stunning, I remember thinking that the first time I saw. She was Blare's friend that had was broke into.

"So you destoyed your house." I said smiling.

"Guilty, though I don't remember doing it. I don't remember doing anything that night." She laughed. That was strange, male wolves always remember the night of their first change.

"Its a female thing. Our first shift is much more painful than a males. So much so that we pass out, so the wolf takes over." Lisa said.

"I'm sorry about what happened last night with Kyle. I hope he didn't scare you off." I said looking at her. She smiled patting my shoulder.

"Don't worry about it, I was strong enough to take care of him myself." She said walking over to the table.

"That's not the point, you where under my protection and he... jumped you. " I growled. Her green eyes seemed to take in everything before they flashed blue. She rubbed her head looking away.

"I had to use the bathroom I wasn't going to wake you up for that." I could see her cheeks brighten. I laughed shaking my head.

"At least he knows you are more dominate then him, he won't mess with you again." I said smiling. The pack alpha came a few hours after the run and told me he was hurt pretty badly. I felt proud of her.

"I hope so." She smiled at me.

"Here we can talk later, you need to eat before you shift again." Lisa said putting two plates on the table, the one she placed in front of Ivy was piled high with sandwiches almost doubled the plate I had.

"Don't you dare say anything." She growled bitting into her sandwich. I laughed and started my own meal.

"So Kit told me that there is wolf blood in your family, if you don't mind me asking who it was."

"My grandpa, when I was bitten by a wolf. Everyone though it was some type of hybrid dog but gramps knew right away that it was a werewolf I guess. Soon after that my grandpa started spending more and more time with me. I was with him more than my parents." She said while she ate.

"She is the grandaughter of the old wolf that lived here." Lisa said. My eyes widen at the news.

"I see that is why you are so dominant."

"That could be it." Lisa said catching on to what I was thinking. Ivy growled glaring at us.

"Could you at least full me in."

"Your grandpa was what my dad called a true alpha. There aren't many of them around but they are strong."

"That's was what Kit and Henry told me about him when we met a long time ago. He was a sweet man but was scary to be around." I nodded agreeing.

"So what's that have to do with me." Ivy asked.

"His blood runs through your veins. You where both to be strong." I said. Ivy sighed running a hand over her face.

"Dealing with wolves is confusing." She sighed.

"You are a wolf." I said. She shook her head looking the last of her sandwich into her mouth.

"Well since we are done eating, I need to talk to you both." Lisa said leaning on the counter.

"About?" I asked.

"Would you let Ivy join your pack?"

"I was hoping she would." I said meeting her eyes. She nodded before turning to Ivy.

"Kit and I have another job to do so we will be leaving. Even though I would love to help you longer we have a pack to help take care of. So here are your choices, come with Kit and I back to our pack or join Zain's pack. And don't say you can be on your own, it's immpossiblw for a femal wolf to live on her own until she can control her changes. You would die from pack of energy." Lisa said.

"I wasn't going to say I could live on my own. I had fun the other night running with the pack and besides the little was Kyle everyone was nice, I wouldn't mind staying with Swim and his pack." Ivy said.

"Great." Lisa smiled.

"You can stay with me until you have more control." I said. Lisa covered her smile with her hand while Ivy smiled.

"Thank you." She said.

"Good now Kit and I are leaving later tonight so it would be best if you leave with Zain." Lisa said.

"I can't drive my car there."

"Don't worry about it. I'll send a someone to pick it up." I smiled.

"Its settled, go pack your thing." Lisa smiled. Ivy sighed getting up.

"Feed her Zain, even if she tells you she has had enough feed her more. If she doesn't eat enough she can die. Every time she shifts feed her." Lisa said. I nodded standing up. Lisa went to cleaning the dishes as I waited for Ivy.

Ivy came into the room with a small bag still dressed in her rode.

"Is that all?" I asked.

"This it it, all my other stuff was destroyed the night I first shifted and I'm not able to go out and get new things." She smiled.

"Ok Ivy I'll clean up before I get going. I'll come visit you as soon as I can." Lisa said pulling Ivy into a hug. Ivy hugged her back before stepping away.

"Thank you." Ivy said.

"Any time." Lisa said patting Ivy in the head.

"Ready?" I asked taking the bag from her. She nodded and followed me out to my car. She went to the back door and slid in.

"You can sit in the front." I said.

"I cant. If I start shifting I won't have the room."

"I see." I said putting her bag on the passenger seat. I got into the car and left as Lisa waved from the front porch. A few minutes later Ivy had fallen asleep her head resting against the window. I smiled to myself as I continued on home.

About 10 minutes from home Ivy sat up with a gasp. Her eyes where the color of her wolf's and she quickly took off the robe letting it look around her waist. I took a second to enjoy the veiw before she rolled so she was in her hands and knees. Her skin was flawless exsecpt for a silver scar on her arm.

I pulled over not wanting the car moving while she shifted. I closed my eyes when I heard the first bone snap. She whimpered and I wanted to comfort her. Her shift took much longer than any wolf I've ever met. It was a while before her crys turned into a wolf's whimper. When it was done she may across the back seat panting.

"You alright?" I asked but she didn't seem to hear me. I reached out stroking her cheek. She closed her eyes and when she opened them again she seemed fine.

"Let me get you home so I can feed you. " I said. Her tail wagged as I continued driving.

About five minutes away she put her paws on the center counsel so her head was next to mine. Her tounge hung out the side of her mouth as she watched me drive.

"Can you stop hovering." I laughed. She licked my face before sitting back in the seat. A second later the back window was being rolled down and her head stuck out into the wind.

When I pulled up the my house Derek was standing next to his car, he looked up as I came around the corner. His eyes widen for a second before he burst into laughter. I shook my head as I packed next to him. His body shook with laughed as I turned off the car. Ivy easily jumped out the window landing on the lawn with quiet feet.

"That was something new." Derek said as I stepped out, Ivy's bag in hand.

"What brings the pup here?" He asked.

"As of now she is part of the pack." I said. His eyes widen again before he crouched down smiling at Ivy.

"Welcome sister." He said holding out his hand. She stepped forward sniffing his hand, after a second her ears perked up and she nodded. Derek smiled before standing up.

"Ivy this is Derek, my second."

"If you need anything just ask me." He said.

"Lets get you inside." I said reaching through the window to grab her robe. I tossed it into her back and she followed me into the house. When I opened the door she seen insode and dissapeared.

I found her leaving the living room, her nose to the ground. I laughed and went to the kitchen.

About 20 minutes later she came into the room, she had shifted and had her robe on. Derek turned around in the seat across of me and gave a low whisle. Ivy glared but smiled when I pushed a plate of food her way.

"Thanks." She said sitting down. She didn't talk until her plate was cleaned off.

"You weren't in your wolf form for that long." I said.

"The time I'm wolf chages. I could be a wolf for 5 minites to a couple hours." She said standing up with her plate in hand.

"How aften do you change?" Derek asked.

"2 to 3 times a day and at night I'm a wolf."

"Damn no wonder Zain had food for you." Derek said.

"Lisa always feed me alot but I've lost weight the past week." She said as she washed her dish.

"Then you should eat more." Zain said.

"Protective much?" Derek smiled at me. I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Derek go tell the rest of the pack about Ivy." I said. Derek still had a smile on his face when stood up.

"Right away." He said waving at Ivy as he left.

"He's interesting." She said.

"If that's what you are going to call it." I said leaning back.

"Do you mind if I take a nap?" She asked.

"Go right ahead use any room you like." I said. She nodded leaving the room.

Once the wolves and they're mated heard of our new member the house was going to get busy.