Status: I'm not sure about this one so please tell me what you think

Hidden Paws

Kids

After Ivy went off to take her nap I spent the rest of the afternoon taking care of pack business. When I was done the sky was already dark and the only thing I found of Ivy's was her robe on the back porch. I shook my head guessing she went out for a run before heading to bed. I was tired since I was up the last night worring about going to the old wolf's house, so as soon as my head hit the pillow I was out.

Sometime early in the morning I heard the sound of nails clicking on the wood floor and felt something big jump on the bed. I rolled over to see Ivy still in her wolf form sitting at the end of the bed. She cocked her head to the side looking at me.

"Do what ever you want." I said rolling back over. She curled up in a ball at the end of the bed and went silent.

When I opened my eyes next time the clock next to my bed said it was 7 in the morning. I sighed sitting up and felt something brush my back. I turned around to see Ivy laying on her stomack. The covers where pulled down to her lower back and she was facing away from me. I shook my head standing up.

"What time is it?" She asked.

"Did I wake you?" I asked.

"Its fine, I need to eat soon before I shift again." She said sitting up. She looked down at herself and sighed. I looked her over and was glad she couldn't see the way I reacted to her. Everything about her was perfect. From her long hair to her full lips. Her pail skin and the swell of her breast. Her full hips and long legs.

Her green eyes met mine and she drew in a quick breath. I smiled at her before standing up and leaving the room.

<♢>

When I looked up into his dark blue eyes there was a hunger in them that sent heat through my body. The smile he gave me was all wolf, feral and demanding. When he left I felt overheated and felt like I lost something. I shook my head looking for my robe. I growled at myself when I realized that I left it outside. I quickly grabbed what I guessed was Zain's shirt and pulling it on.

I followed him out to the kitchen where he was making breakfast. He turned to me and looked at me with heated eyes. I quickly looked away and hurried to the back door.I grabbed my robe and went back inside. I could feel him watching.

"You know where the bathroom is?" He asked.

"Yes." I said turned to the side and pulling his shirt over my head. I heard him growl deep in his chest and it seemed to make the air vibrate. I slowly put the robe back on and when I turned to him he was looking at the food he was cooking. He shifted like he was uncomfortable and had to hide the smile from my face. I like that this man reacted to me like this.

"Here." He walked over not trying to hide his erection. My eyes where drawn to it and when I was finally able to look up he had a smug smile on his face.

"What's wrong." He asked.

"Nothing just though you would make a great house wife." I smilled. He rolled his eyes before setting my plate down. I shook my head and went to eating. I had hunted last night but I was still hungry when I crawled into bed this morning.

"So why did you choose to sleep in my bed?" He asked.

"One your bed is the biggest and the nicest, two I could admire the view and finally all the other rooms smelled funny, like sage and something sticky sweet smell." The smell had made my stomach roll.

"That means Blare has been here."

"Blare?" I asked.

"Yes the pack hired her for her wolk. She is a strong witch."

"Witch?" I asked shocked.

"What your a werewolf, there is more out there than just us. There are vampires and fae out there to." He said smiling. I shook my head.

"Vampire smell cold. I don't know how to explain it but they smell like the cold hard earth, witches always smell sickly sweet and wolves smell of woods." He said. I had to remember that.

We both are in silence until we finished. Zain took the plates to wash them off. I looked at the time, it was almost nine. I sif her I could already feel my skin prickling. Sometimes the change came at me in a rush and sometimes it gave me a warning. I slowly stood up.

"Everything alright?" Zain asked. I grunted and stumbled out of the room. I untied the robe letting it fell to the ground where I fell on all fours. I closed my eyes through the change and when I opened them I felt dazed. My body tingledtingled and shook. I could feel something on my neck and when the haze cleared from my mind Zain was sitting in front of me his hand running over my neck.

I licked his hand before streaching. I was tired and didn't get much sleep from all the shifting. Every sound I heard would make me sit up and wait to hear the sound again.

I yawned looking around.

"Your probably tired. Go ahead and rest." He said. I nodded walking over the the couch. I hopped on and curled up in a ball before quickly going to sleep.

I woke up to the sound of laughter. Something was pulling on my tail and I grumbled.

"Jack I told you not to mess with the wolves. Remember they can still be mean." A lady said. I opened my eyes to see a body standing next to me looking at what I guess was his mother. I yawned and the ladies eyes widen a second.

"Sorry he bothered you while you where sleeping." I stood up and hopped off the couch. I towered over the kid who was probably only 5 or 6. I bend down close to him and sniffed at his hair. The last took a step closer watching me closely.

I licked the kids cheek and he squild rubbing his cheek.

"Eww." He laughed. The lady sighed relaxing a little.

"Jack why don't you go out and play with the other kids." The lady said. The kid patted my side once before running out of the room.

"I'm sorry. Most of the wolves go out in the woods while they are well wolves. Jack has only seen a wolf from far away. So you where the first wolf he had been close to. The men seem to be a bit agressive." I nodded feeling stiff.

"All the other girls are outside. Will you join us." I shrugged and followed her out the back. There was a group of ladies sitting at a picnic table. When I came out of the house they're eyes widen. The boy, Jack, came running up and petted my side. The women all froze holding they're breath. I ignored them and turned to the boy. He looked up at me with sparkling brown eyes. Where males really to aggressive to play with or did they just have to much pride to be seen playing with kids.

My tail wagged as I pushed the kid torwards the others. He giggled letting me push him. There was 6 kids here all together, all of them between the ages of 5 and 15. The oldest one sat off to the side watch everyone.

Before I could head back torwards the ladies I was surrounded by kids. They pulled at my fur until I was laying on the ground. I licked a kid on the cheek and jumped from the group. They chased me around the yard laughing. I would run around and finely let one catch me. This went on for a while before they got tired. They went and sat with they're parents and I walked over to the one kid that sat alone. He looked to be around 15 and had shaggy golden brown hair.

"I won't chase you like the others." He said not looking away from the book he was reading. I huffed rolling my eyes. I board his hand so the book closed and I could see the cover. I was shocked to see a veterinarian book. I met his eyes for a second and smiled. I licked his face before running inside. Zain was in the kitchen and he looked at me with raised brows as I passed. I gave him a reading growl before running into the living room to grab my robe. This time when I shifted it came at me with a rush. One second I was a wok f the best human. I shook of the lingering pain and pulled in the robe.

As I came into the pitch Zain handed me a plate piled with food.

"The females are going to want to talk with you so hurry." He said. I smiled quickly eating my food. After I was done Zain took my plate washing it. I went outside and all eyes turned to me. The boy reading the book eyes widen before he blushed looking away. I slowly walked over to the girls and they smiled.

"So how is it being a wolf?" One asked as I say down.

"Lindsey that isn't something you should ask." Another said.

"Its fine. But truthfully it's tireding. I'm forced to shift at any moment. I can't control it and because I shift so much I need to eat more than the male wolves. I can't go out and have to wear this all the time so I'm ready. The changes are slow and painful and I can't get any sleep because I'm always shifting." I sighed.

"How about some of us being over some food for you? " one asked.

"No you don't have to." I said waving my hands.

"Its fine and we are used to taking care of wolves." The one Lindsey said.

"You really dont have to."

"Its fine." Another said. Right then a group of wolves came out of the room. Some of the smaller kids ran at them and where cought and thrown up into the air.

They all have me a nod as they're mate stood up to great them.

"It was nice meeting you." They called as they're mates walked then to the front.

"You look tired." Zain said sitting next to me.

"I am." I said streaching.

"Lets pour some more food into you then go take a nap." He smiled holding out his hand. I took it and let him lead me to the kitchen where there was a tray sitting on the counter. He pulled the foil off revealing brownies. My stomach rumbled as he handed me a few squares. I buy down k n the first one as we walked to his room. By the time we got there I was finishing the last brownie and flopped into the bed. Zain pulled off his shirt so he only had his sweats in and later down next to me.

I wrapped the covers around me before falling asleep.