Status: This story is far from done!

A Noble Adventure

Part 1 / Chapter 1

It had all started August 17,2014.
It was a crisp day in Jason’s humble neighborhood. He was biking home from school feeling proud of himself because he’d gotten an A+ on a test, and that never happened. All of a sudden he heard a huge explosion behind him. Instinctively he ran for cover. The nearest shelter was a fence, so he ran behind it. Jason peeked around the fence and saw a dragon. He couldn’t believe his eyes. Jason could see all its features. Its long neck, the four poised muscular legs, ready for action. Its throat brewing fire, the dark purple scales, and the ever present 25 foot wings. Automatically Jason heard a deep sort of gruff voice in his head say, -come with me.- Of course because he was smart he didn’t. Then all of a sudden Jason felt a tugging in my stomach, pulling him towards the dragon. It was sort of like he was in a trance and he started walking to it. He felt like he was in water but could breathe. Jason started walking toward it and in a flash the dragon hooked his shirt with his claws and and carried him off. Blacking out when the dragon went too high.

Jason woke up in a cool forest hearing that voice in his head again, get up, we need to get you to your inauguration to pick out your eg.

“Wha”, he said still groggy from sleep. “Where are we?”

It is unintelligible in human language, a dragon village we'll just say. Now I can say no more it is not my place to tell you. We must walk a little bit to get there I didn’t want anybody to see us.

Jason didn’t know what to think, dragon village, inauguration, and DRAGONS? For right now he would just go with it. “Hey what’s your name anyway, who are you?

Grim.

“Whatever,” Jason said rolling his eyes. It didn’t seem like this dragons had much to say, it was that or he was hiding something from Jason. When they started walking Jason had to run to keep up with the dragons long steps.

Fae might be mad of my late appearance.

“First of all who is Fae and second of all I only have two legs I can’t walk as fast as you.” retorted Jason.

Grim ignored the question.

After about 10 minutes Jason was huffing and puffing. He could run pretty good but he had never sprinted for 10 straight minutes. “Ok, I asked you before can you slow down. And how long have I ran?” Jason asked stopping and putting his hands on his hips.

About 10 minutes, so about 2 miles.

“What! 2 miles ok I’m fed up, I’m leaving.”, Jason said. Now he’d had enough. He walked off. He picked up a stick and hit the trees as he passed by.

When Grim had enough of Jason’s fit he brought Jason to him with the trance. He started walking back to the dragon. In Jason’s head he was thinking ,”What am I doing!”

As soon as Jason came out this trance. He made a decision not to do anything to wrong again, he did not want that done again. The nausea was almost overwhelming. “Will you at least slow down?”

Fine.

Grim slowed down enough to let Jason walk.

At this speed we won’t get to the ceremony in time.

“See there it is again, it’s like I can hear your thoughts.” said Jason.

After about half an hour which was full of Jason pestering Grim with questions that weren’t getting answered. Jason was getting tired. “Ok I need a break.”

Don’t slow down now the village is right up ahead.
He was right. Jason spread apart the leaves to awed by the the spectacular view a waterfall falling onto a jade dragon’s back, every drop falling a specific hole. Jason’s first words were, “how do you you craft something so intricate, I mean you're so big?”

Obviously annoyed, Grim said, -majik, M-A-J-I-K.-

“Well whatever you mean by ‘majik’ I want to learn about it.”

I’m afraid that it is not now Jason.

When they were in the village Jason was continually awed by the great sculptures and paintings. There were dragons everywhere, flying all around him and walking. They were all sorts of colors blue, green, yellow, black, and red.

“How do you paint?” Jason asked looking a large painting of a dragon flying.

With my claws, they are sort of like quills. There is a saying in painting class that they always use, “don’t dip your paw just your claw”.

“Why don’t any of them see me?”

I have an invisibility spell over you. I am the magic element.

They were coming to a building that was very large, well not that all of them were large, it had a gaping archway into an almost empty building with two extra large dragons and a huge vault door. This atta be interesting. thought Jason.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yes! I finally got Part 1 Chapter 1 done, of "A Noble Adventure"!