Status: This story is far from done!

A Noble Adventure

Chapter 2

Once they were inside the building, the two dragons blocked the vault door. The dragon on the right said, “ Grim is this the human you were talking about? “ As the dragon talked he made the necessary mouth movements to speak the English language.

“What, hold on a minute, you can talk?” asked Jason.

“Well of course, all dragons can…” Then he made a noise that sounded like he was clearing his throat.

This is true I can not talk physically, but you have experienced some of my unblocked thoughts in the forest, which means that your father was my flyer.

“Sure, and I’ll get a dragon and be the best flyer of the ages!”, Jason said sarcastically.

I was your father’s dragon, but he could not grasp the reality that dragons are real and he went back to Earth insane. And by the looks of it you are on the same road.

“Are we in another world?”

Yes we are in Flylands.

The guards had been listening to Jason blabbering on for a while now and were getting annoyed. “Grim and Jason are you going in? If not I must shut the door.”

Yes we are, thank you Valor.

“ Where are we going?”

“ To get your egg for your inauguration.”

The voice sounded feminine. “What, who said that” exclaimed Jason.

“It is Fae, I will be your supervisor and issue you into the age of the flyers.”

“Ok?”Jason said, going through the motions, getting really tired of these dragons regal talk.
The group came into a room full of eggs of every color and size. “Wow what are these!”
“They are teenage eggs. Pick one”

“Teenage eggs?” Jason retorted.

“Yes the eggs must be suited with a flyer that around the same age. Of course the dragon will live longer but we don’t factor that in.” she said.

“How can I pick one?” asked Jason “ there’s so many.” He was right there were eggs everywhere. Jason chose to keep it simple. The room was dead silent. He chose a blue egg that was in the back right corner and hefted it off the pedestal. The egg was about 2 feet in length, 1 foot in width, and about 20 pounds, strangely light for something this size.

“Are you sure? You can pick another one” offered Fae.

“Why would I, this one seems fine.”

“You know what, forget I said that.”

“Is there a place where I could put this down, it's kinda heavy.” Jason puffed.

Oh, yes it is getting late I must fit you with your accommodations soon. Follow me please Jason.
Grim and Jason went out of the building and wound through the streets to come to a modern luxurious gigantic looking building. It looked odd with all the other stone buildings. “What is that building for?” asked Jason.

That is your accommodations.

“Aw sweet,” Jason exclaimed running to it. “A door!” A place where the dragons couldn’t spy on him. He opened the door; balancing the egg in one hand and twisting the doorknob with the other. Something that he didn’t expect was there were other boys inside. He rushed to a brown couch and put down the egg. He was going to be sore tomorrow between running and carrying a huge egg around all day.

Jason.

“Yeah?”

You may have a week to take this all in and get adjusted, then we train.

“Thanks.” And Jason for the first time that day was actually thankful. He laid down on the couch for a few minutes. The other boys were all there were looking at him. There were 5 other boys. “So how’d you guys get here?”

“Same way you got here mate.” Said someone in the back. He stood up and shook Jason’s hand. “ Hi, my name’s Bryant what's yours?

“Jason.” He yawned tiredly. “Listen, not trying to be rude by I’m tired and hungry so show me the food and my room and shut up... please.

“Alright, someone's in a black mood,” Bryant lead Jason through a door and into the kitchen. This house was like a mansion with anything you could want. You could just type what you wanted on the refrigerator door you open it and there it was. Jason just assumed that it was a some kind of majik contraption. After he had stuffed himself to the max with endless cheeseburgers, he asked Bryant to take him to his room.

“…and your room is on the right.” said Bryant.
Jason hadn't noticed Bryant’s features he was tall, black, muscular, and stern. He could see some features that were on him.

“In the morning, if you want to I could introduce you to the other Flyers and friends.” said Bryant

“That would be great, thanks!” After that he opened and closed the door, he could finally think. He sat on the bed and breathed. “Where’s all this going?” he said aloud.

Well if you would trust us this would be going a lot smoother.

“Who’s there?” asked Jason.

Your dragon.

“Wait are you one of those mental link dragons?”

No,I’m talking to you like this because I’m still in my shell. Speaking of being in my shell I should be breaking out soon.

“Ok. Well I’m going to sleep. Hopefully I’ll see the dragon you in the morning.” He turned off the light and covered up. Now he could actually review what was happening. He was brought to Flylands by Grim, he and his dragon’s trainer, where he was going to do who knows what, who knows where. This was his future now.
♠ ♠ ♠
Second chapter done!
I am so glad. I have been working on this story since 2014.

I will also be adding another chapter every week. So stay tuned!