Status: This story is far from done!

A Noble Adventure

Chapter 4

They were at the training grounds and Jason was amazed again, there was a lot of people training for what, Jason hadn’t learned that yet. There were weight machines, pull-up bars, and more. But they all had their own Medieval style. Bryant lead Jason down to a machine that had logs on chains and the logs spun. Using G-force kept the logs extended and you had to jump over the logs. There were four people using it. Bryant pressed a button and the machine slowed down and stopped. He called them all to him.

He brought up a redhead with freckles and blue eyes and said, “Jason this is Michael or Mike he doesn’t care, but most people call him Zeus he is 15 years old.”

“Why do they call him that?” asked Jason.

“Oh you’ll know in a few days or so.” Bryant responded

Then he pointed to a tall girl and said, “That’s Shella she’s 17 years old. And just a note pronounce her name right, like shell-a or she’ll get pissed and probably punch you.”

He kept bringing him to people around the training yard until he had met all 10 of the other flyers and their dragons. After that he felt like he had met everyone on the planet.

“All of these people have had almost the same experience you had. Taken from their parents and home and brought here. Some some people have been here for years. Hell, I don’t even know how they would have stayed sane if they didn’t have their dragons. So don’t take Noble for granted.”

After Jason was all done sightseeing for the day he was exhausted. He dragged himself home and fell into bed. Falling asleep as soon as his head hit his pillow.

Jason woke up with a blue shape right next to his head. His eyes focused and he realized that it was Noble. He had grown a lot. He stepped back to see how big Noble was. It turned out that Noble was 6 feet tall! “Wow look who grew!” Jason exclaimed excitedly.

“Yeah I know!” Noble responded. His growth was not the only new difference, his voice was deeper making his masculinity more prominent. “So what do you want to do today?”

“I don’t know, I guess we could walk around and meet some people, you know orient ourselves. “ Jason said.

“Only if I can fit through the door.” Noble laughed. They had to strategize on how to get Noble out. Noble put one paw out of the door then he put the other one through, sucked in his breath, squeezed through, and breathed out a flame. “Woah we’re the fire element too?”

“Let me try.” Jason raised his hand like he did the water, but nothing happened. He held his and open, palm up and a ball of fire came up. He threw it at the wall. The wall was already paper thin from Noble so he blasted through it. “Oh oops, let’s go.” They came down stairs and were thankful that the the front door to the house was a double door, but Noble still had to duck to get through. Then they started off into the streets.

Before they could get very far they were stopped by a young man with brown hair. “Hello Jason and…?” He stopped abruptly.

“Noble.”

“Noble great name. I am Jerry. I will be your human trainer. I just wanted to show myself to you.”
Jerry did seem too self-confidant. He looked nervous and he kept looking over his shoulder.

Jason waved goodbye and walked on. They walked to a hill and looked into to a yard that had small dragons and people next to them. In front of them was a big dragon and human. It seemed like he was teaching them something. The red dragon that was next to the human was saying, “when you take off tilt your wings so you can get some air under ‘em. Humans you are there there to relay battle strategies to your dragon. Clear?”

Then the whole dozen of them yelled, “clear”, in response.

“Three, two, one, go!” They all took off like eagles. Then they were all in the sky. After the instructor finished gazing at his students he looked directly at Jason and Noble and yelled, “hey why don’t you guys come over here.”

They obeyed and walked down the hill. “Yeah” Jason said.

“Do you guys wanna join the class? Have you flown ‘im yet?” He asked.

“No I didn’t know if he was strong enough.”

“How could you shame your dragon like that? Of course he is strong enough.” said the short Irish man, rolling his r-s, stressing the Irish accent.

“Oh, ok. Well I guess we should take it. We are one of the flyers.”

“Of course ye are, ye have the flyer sign on your hand”?

Jason looked at his hand to see that there was a shiny diamond on the back of his right hand. “What the crap!” he said shaking his hand.

“Don’t worry, you’ll have your flyer gloves on anyway. So you are joining the class?

“Yeah”, said Noble.

“Alright we’ll need to fit you with a saddle.” He whispered something to his dragon.

Then the dragon asked the man,” at the north shack Celtic?” Celtic nodded his head and the dragon flew off and 10 seconds later he was back with a saddle in his claws.

Jason figured the saddle would be more like a horse saddle, but this was big, gray, circular wolf pelt with two loops as footholds.

“I’ll put the saddle on for you.” Celtic took the pelt and draped it on Noble’s back the footholds on the sides. After he had got it to his satisfaction the pelt hissed.

“Won’t the saddle fall off?”

“Pull it.” Celtic said.

Jason pulled it and it was stuck.

“It’s yours now.”

“Thanks!” He put in his left foot in the left foothold and swung his right foot over and put in in.

Ready? Noble asked.

Ready. Jason replied. Noble crouched and vaulted into the air, wings at his sides. When they had started slowing down then Noble flapped his wings shooting them off. He did aerial spins, flips, and everything Jason could think of.

“Mmm.” Jason said.

We’ll have to talk mentally when we are flying, because I can’t hear you. Now what did you say?
I said this is awesome. Jason raised his hands.

You mind if we go a little faster?

Not at all. Jason said. He was trying to document how fast they were going but he couldn’t, but he figured that they were going about 90 miles an hour. How about we tell Celtic thanks and we head home?

That would be fine I’m getting tired anyways. I have been flying for a while. Noble for his final trick swooped up and did three barrel rolls and dived down and at the last moment unfurled his wings, caught some air, and landed. Noble roared from pain in his wing joints.

“Oh yeah”, said Celtic scratching the back of his head. I forgot to tell you when you do that don’t pull up so hard. But through all of that, that was amazing flying, even for a flyer! I thought you would be scared at the speed he was going. I reckon he was going about 155 kilometers an hour. I didn’t even give you lessons!”

“Well we are gonna head home, I’m pretty tired.” said Noble.

“I bet, you were flying for a while.” said Celtic

Jason got into the saddle and asked, “You want to fly or walk home?”

“I’ll walk. At least that was good training. So when we start actually training we don’t look like we don't know what we're doing.” Noble trudged on towards their house.