Status: This story is far from done!

A Noble Adventure

Chapter 5

“Wait, w-what are you doing”, said a teenage girl who was chained to the wall and crying.
An evil laugh came from the left. Jason turned his head and he saw a black dragon. And in front of it was at white dragon egg on a pedestal. The black dragon slowly walked to the pedestal and whipped out a claw.

Before he could tip over the pedestal. Jason yelled, “no!”

The black dragon looked directly at Jason, laughed, and tipped over the pedestal. After that he blew a stream of white fire at it and walked to the door a man opened it for him, before he left he said, “good bye golden girl.”

“It’s child of light.” she yelled back at him. She looked at Jason and whispered with ragged breath, “come here.”

Jason walked over and sat next to her. “Yeah, what’s going on?” Jason asked.

“I’m Kathleen and I, I’m dieing you are now the child of light.” Kathleen reached up and touched his chest.

Jason screamed, everything thing was turning bright and white. Then there was darkness.

Jason opened his eyes. The first thing he noticed was the burning sensation on the left side of his chest. He pulled up his shirt and stared at the bright white star wondering how it got there. He was here two days and already had two marks. He sat up and rubbed his eyes. He looked over at Noble. He had grown yet again. He didn’t know how he managed to get him through his door last night without burning or breaking anything. Noble was lying like a dog with his front two legs crossed and his head resting on them.

“So where to today. I am not going to fly very much.” Noble yawned.

“Well you might hate me but I think we should start training today.” said Jason. “But how are we going to get you out again?”

“Oh yeah, I talked to the other dragons and asked them how they got out when they were younger, and they said there was a button on one of the walls.

“Ok.” Jason shuffled to the door and slapped at the light switch. Missed. He tried again and he got it. He was momentarily blinded by the light. Jason looked opposite of the door wall and saw a button. He went over and pushed it. The wall opened to the outside world like a garage door. He closed it by pushing the button again. Jason got dressed in his blue tunic and pants and was ready in a flash. Jason got on his dragon’s back and Noble jumped out the wall. When Noble was clearly out the wall started closing up.

Since Noble had an amazing memory he knew which way to go. He cut through alley ways and trotted around buildings with magnificent speed and agility. They were there in minutes.

There were a lot of people there. There were flyers, dragons and humans. Jason spotted Grim by some equipment talking to some people. The walk over there was the trick, he had to jump over and dodge spinning things and spiky things. He came over next to Grim and panted, “we want to start training now.”

Are you sure, you look very tired from that obstacle course. But if you want go through the obstacle course about two more times.

“Ok.” Jason looked behind him to see that the whole course was mixed up and different. He jumped over the spikes, dodged swinging sandbags, and jumped through a circles of spinning blades two more times. When he finished he came back over to Grim.

I just wanted to make sure your body was up to key physically. But I see it needs a bit more training to be up to flyer format. Now follow me for another type of training the will be important for your survival. He brought them to a dirt ring with people in trees and on the grass around it. This is where you will practice fighting. Let’s watch.

Two men came in the ring. Waving their swords trying to get the crowd’s attention. The first thing he noticed were the guys swords. They looked amazing. The man on the right had one that was a grassy green colored sword with leaf indentations on it. The one on the left had a blue one that had wave indentations. The two men advanced toward each other and tapped swords.

A person at the edge of the ring started talking his voice somehow amplified. “This is a blood match meaning the first person to bleed, is out. And no shots above the neck.” After making sure the men understood he blew a horn.

The guys immediately clanged swords. At the third thrust green sword turned his sword upside down and sliced him from the left hip bone to the right shoulder drawing blood immediately. The crowd cheered and some dragons roared somewhere.

Some people immediately ran into the ring and started tending the the wounded man.

That was a pretty good fight. But the blue couldn’t hold up against green with dwarf steel on green’s side. Those buggers can sure make a hell of a sword.

Now for your last training program majik. He pointed with his tail to a hut with a stream flowing by it.

“I’ve learned how to do two things in majik, watch.” Jason ran over to the stream. He slowly raised his hand the diamond glowing and the water rising with his hand then he threw his hand up. The water rained down in torrents. Jason was becoming dizzy so he stopped and sat down.

Some of your training will be to hold a majikal pose for a certain amount of time. Now why don’t you try again.

Jason had gained some of his strength, so he summoned a fireball the size of a basketball. The fireball was swirling when and image started forming in the fireball. There were Fae and two other dragons and Jerry and two other humans in a dirt room. Fae was saying, “counsel will be most happy, Jason has almost the most impressive majikal aura I have ever seen”.

“Yes, with a little help he can surpass Damien. We had such high hopes for him then, poof he dies”.
The vision ended abruptly and the fireball went out. “What was that”, mumbled Jason then passed out.