Status: This story is far from done!

A Noble Adventure

Chapter 8

Grim and Noble landed on the outskirts of the village with a hut to their right and a large deciduous forest on their left. Jason got off Noble and walked into the hut. There was a man in a red robe with gold trimmings and a large man with a long, blond beard. Noble and Grim sat down and put their heads in. There were swords all over on the walls; long and thin, short and thick. Fit to any size and shape.

“Ok, so am I finally getting my sword?” asked Jason excitedly.

Yes but you aren't getting it today. I needs to be made by this gentleman right over there. He motioned with his head to the man with the long beard. But first he needs to know what you want it to look like and we need to make measurements. So Taloo if you would.

The man in the robe stepped forward and said, “I will need to pry into your mind to see what kind of sword you’ll want and if it is possible. Is that ok with you Jason?”

“Uhh, yeah sure. Will it hurt?” asked Jason.

“You might feel a twinge of pain.” Taloo put his hands on the sides of Jason’s head and closed his eyes.

There wasn’t too much pain, it felt like acupuncture, a dull ache with a little tingling.

After a minute of standing there Taloo finally pried his hands of Jason’s head. Jason had heard rumors of mind seers who couldn’t take their hands off other people's heads, the power was too great. Knowing everything they felt and loved. All their memories filed through by some unknown. But they had to stick to their task or they would be banished from the village, and with this being the capital of a dragon empire not many other villages would take them in. Jason shivered. He looked at Taloo there was a bead of sweat on his forehead.

“You have quite a powerful mind, I haven’t felt one like that since-.” He suddenly and glanced at Grim. Taloo picked up a pebble and put it in the palm of his hand. Then he tapped it with his other hand. As soon has his finger made contact, the pebble glowed white. He handed it to the smith.
The smith clutched it in his large hand. “Wow, what an amazing sword!” Said the smith looking off into space. He shook himself out of it and said, “time to measure you up.” He pulled a bag of the wall and took out a rope with black lines on it. He had Jason step on one end of the rope while he pulled it taut to the top of his head. He did the same with his arm span. After he finished measuring Jason, he let out a sigh and said, “alright we are all done. I should have your sword done in about about two weeks.”

“Ok, thanks a lot guys!”

Next stop is your flyer gloves. They help you harness your power, and help take off some of the strain.

Jason walked out of the hut and shielded his eyes from the light. He hopped on Noble like he’d been doing that his whole life. Grim launched into the air. Noble followed Grim to the village.
On the way there Jason shot a thought towards Grim. Why did Taloo just stop when when he was talking about my mind?

He was talking about your predecessor Damien Lynch. He was very promising; top of the class, excellent student, and worked hard. Then the king Geovani came in and corrupted him with what could be, the kind of power he could have. After that he was never the same; he slacked off, and lost everything he had going for him. And he would go in the forest for longer and longer periods of time, claiming he was getting in touch with the world. Then one day he never came back. Weeks later they presumed him dead. But you know what I think? I think he is still alive , out there somewhere.

Wow, Grim. Whew . A little info overload.

The group was came to a glide into the village center. Then they entered a shop with a woman sewing something. Do have the Flyer gloves ready?

“Yes they are right there” she said pointing with one of her sewing needles.

Jason picked up the white box and opened it up. Inside were a pair of gloves with no tips. A diamond cut out in the the right glove. He put them and he had to admit they were just a comfortable as any gloves. He thought they were going to be heaven in gloves.

How about you try a little majik Jason.

“Alright.” Jason replied. He focused on the woman’s cup of water. He floated it out of the cup and brought it to him in a perfect sphere. Then he molded and shaped the glob of water into a mini dragon figurine of Noble. There was a crack from outside and Jason lost control if the power and the figurine dropped and broke. The neck and head sliding to a stop at Jason’s feet. Jason picked it up and twirled it with his fingers. It was clear like glass and smooth to the touch.

The woman looked up and said, “I can make that into necklace if you want.”

“Ok, thanks.” He tossed the the head to her and she went into a back room. He heard mechanical clanking and whirring. Then she came back with a full necklace.

“This looks like a good capsule to put you energy in. You never know. You could need it in battle.” She was about to hand Jason his necklace, then decided against it, and put it on him herself. “Ok I think that’s all I have for you!” She said cheerfully.

“Thanks a lot! For the gloves and the necklace.” Jason exclaimed flexing his fingers in the gloves. When they were leaving Jason thought, when he made that figurine he didn’t feel anything. He didn’t feel nausea like he did the other times. The more he flexed his fingers the more comfortable the gloves felt.

“So was that the last stop?”

Yes, you can go home if you’d like.

“Home” Jason thought. He gotten so caught up in this that he’d forgotten about his family and friends. “Wow, I sure miss home”, Jason sighed ,” and to think, today would have been movie night. Do you mean Flyland home or Earth home?”

Here home.- Seeing Jason like this bummed Grim out. -You know tomorrow I have a mission on Earth I could bring you along with me is you want.-

“Oh, yes really? Cool!

But you can’t say anything to anyone. Actually we’ll bring Bryant along. Ok get packed we’ll be leaving early in the morning. After saying that Grim swooped up and left.

“All right Noble let’s head home and pack.” He got on Noble and rested his head on Noble’s back.
When they got back to the house Bryant was standing there with a satchel in his hand. “Yeah I got the memo, here get packed.” He said tossing Jason a satchel.

He didn’t even know what he was going to pack, He barely had anything and he was not going to wear a tunic on Earth.

Jason got into his room and tossed the bag on the ground. He could use it to put normal clothes in or souvenirs. Jason closed his eyes feeling content. He was going home.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter 8 done!
Like I said feel free to comment. If you see any typos, or even if you have a suggestion!