Status: Sorry about the Thorin overload (only not sorry).

Directions

One.

“Thorin, please just admit that you’re lost!” The girl in the passenger seat says to the man driving their car. She looks out the window and notices the gas station that she has seen twice before today. Thorin looks to the girl with a glare and quickly glues his eyes to the road once more.

"I am not,” he mumbles quietly, his grip tightening on the steering wheel. She turns towards him, and watches his jaw clench a bit. She senses his frustrations, and she smiles a bit knowing full well that she is right.

“I would pull the directions up on one of our phones, but they are both dead!” She states, stupidly trying to turn on her phone. “And with said phones, I would also let Dwalin know that we are to be late for dinner…and Balin, and Bombur…and Bofur-“

“We aren’t lost. We are just taking a different way there,” Thorin says as he scratches at his beard. She takes in his profile as she crosses her arms over her chest in frustration. Although furious with him and his pride, she cannot help but admire him. With his bearded face, his piercing blue eyes and hair black as night pulled back into a bun, the man she so proudly calls her fiancé is quite beautiful.

“Would you like to know something new about me, Mister Oakenshield?” She asks him as her hand slides into his lap. “Something that I find to be incredibly sexy,” she adds, her hand slowly reaching the inner part of his right thigh. She grins as she notices him bite his lip.

“My love, I’m…I’m driving,” he says as his heart thumps in his chest. He takes a sharp turn down a side street, and her hand never leaves his thigh as she traces circles into it with one of her delicate fingers.

He runs a hand over his beard, admiring the thought that no matter how long her and Thorin have been together, she will always be able to make his heart beat just a bit faster with her words, her lips, and as she is proving so very well, her hands. He parks the car, and grabs her hand in his own.

“Now, what is it?” He asks as he places light kisses on the back of her hand, stroking the inside of her palm with his thumb.

“When men…” she begins to inch closer to him, her lips moving towards his ear. As soon as she is close enough she whispers to him. “…ask for directions,” she whispers to him with a grin. He back away from her and rolls his eyes.

“Now, how great is the reward for such an act?” He asks her, leaning back in towards her, his face now being inches away from hers.

“You’ll find out tonight,” she says as she presses a light kiss to his neck, earning a very quiet and low moan from Thorin. He looks behind her out the window to see a man with his dog, and quickly rolls his window down.

“EXCUSE ME, SIR?” Thorin yells with his bellowing voice to the man, with hints of desperation in his voice. She smiles as she earns this small victory for herself, but feels terrible for the man whom she is sure Thorin had scared half to death.

After he asks for directions to the house, he rolls his window up. As soon as the man whom he asked was out of sight, he turns to his beloved and kisses her longingly. “Must we go to Dwalin’s? I’d like to get my reward a bit early…” he says to her. He scoots himself closer to her, and places a kiss on the side of her head. "Amrâlimê, please..." He purrs into her ear, sending a line of chills down her spine. She smiles pushing him away from her.

“Are you kidding? Bombur’s over at Dwalin’s, and you know how much I love his cooking! I need some food in me before…you know,” she says to him. “Before I exhaust myself with you,” she adds earning a smile, and a nod from Thorin.

“Alright, fair enough. Off to Dwalin’s,” he says while taking her hand into his own, kissing it as they drive off.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thought I would try doing a Modern Thorin story, and have some fun with it. Definitely poking fun at the fact that Thorin lost his way twice getting to Bilbo's home in Bag End.