Damn, Daniel

daniel, daniel, daniel

“Kimi, Kimi, Kimi.”

“Daniel, Daniel, Daniel. Wait. Why are you repeating my name?”

“You’ve been avoiding me.”

“Well, uh, the assignment is over. Thanks for being a good partner, by the way. It made writing up the assignment really easy.”

“Really? What did you write?”

“Basically I said how first impressions don’t quite match up to the real thing.”

“I said something like that too. No wonder we did so well.”

“What was your first impression of me like?”

“Besides me thinking you’re the most beautiful girl in class? I found you pretty intimidating.”

“Me? Intimidating? Daniel, did you not say that you see me trip over often and make a fool out of myself?”

“Besides your inability to balance, you’re quite intimidating within the confinements of a classroom. You’re never afraid to speak your mind and even though you have a kind face, I can tell that whenever someone says something stupid, you’re ready to snap back at them.”

“You must stare at me a lot to notice this, huh?”

“Shut up, Kimi.”

“Oh no, it’s my turn to embarrass you. I can see why you find this so fun.”

“I swear to God, Kimi.”

“So you stare at me a lot, you call me cute almost if not every time we hang out – I think in the first time we sorry, not hung out, were forced to come together for our assignment, I asked you if you had a crush on me and you ran away like the speed of light. Are you sure there’s nothing there?”

“That’s hypocritical coming from the girl who said she had to ‘study’ when I asked her if she wanted me. Since, you know, we’re going to be together next year.”

“Yeah, I’m not good at this whole ‘trying to make you embarrassed’ thing.”

“I appreciate the attempt.”

“Shut up, Daniel. Hey!”

“Yeah?”

“You’re wearing white vans.”

“Kimi, please don’t say it.”

“I won’t say it unless you admit that you like me.”

“Wow, where did this confidence come from?”

“You’re not feeling it?”

“I love it.”

Love it, huh?”

“Kimi, you know what I mean.”

“Do I, though?”

“Kimi.”

“Daniel.”

“Are we always going to go back and forth like this?”

“Unless one of us wants to admit that there’s something here between us, then yeah. Probably.”

“Kimi.”

“Daniel.”

“Do you like me?”

“Am I that obvious?”

“I like how you answer the question without directly answering the question.”

“Deflecting questions is a skill of mine.”

“I’ve noticed.”

“Yeah, but you like me so I know you don’t mind.”

“That’s true. You know me well.”

“And to think, all it took was this project.”

“I think I’m going to get Miss Harris a bottle of wine or something to thank her for getting us together.”

“I like how you assume we’re just going to get together without actually discussing it with me.”

“Yeah, but are you going to say no?”

“A girl still likes to be asked these things, Daniel.”

“And I like it when a girl tells me how they feel, but I took your answer, didn’t I?”

“We’re pretty cute like that.”

“We are.”

“You know what’s even cuter?”

“Oh God. What?”

“The fact that you didn’t even admit that you liked me.”

“It was implied though, wasn’t it?”

“Yeah, but do you remember what I said I would say if you didn’t admit that you liked me?”

“Oh god, Kimi.”

“Damn Daniel, back at it again with the white vans!”
♠ ♠ ♠
finished! thanks everyone for reading!