Status: unfinished

Jessie McMillion and a Small Town Revolution

Chapter 1

"Jessiah Rae McMillion!" Jessie's mom called from downstairs. Damn.
He knew this one would cost him his phone privileges for the week, but it was well worth it. He could already see Hannah's pissed face. As he walked down the stairs, Jessie hung his head. Over his first 16 years he'd discovered this is the best method to facing your punishment because it makes you look ashamed. Usually Jessie was, granted.
He crossed the living room and stepped in to his 14 year old sister's room. All of her possessions were duct taped to the ceiling.
"Do you have an explanation for this, young man?" His mother was tapping her foot. Her curly brown hair was in a high bun and she was already in her typical pants suit for work. It was 7:24, so Hannah had just woken up for school and noticed her room and caught their mom before she slipped out.
"I do," Jessie said matter o' factory with his legendary smile that his mom frequently called a 'shit eating grin'. This only made him do the half smirk even more. "Young Hannah here took my skateboard. And then very stupidly posted pictures on Twitter." Hannah stomped in her one direction pajamas and pointed at her stuffed animals and shoes taped to the ceiling. This prank was relatively easy for Jessie considering he was 6"1, however Hannah was still 4"11 and probably not growing anymore now that she's a freshman.
Their mom let out a tired sigh. "Phones. Both of you." She emphasized the 'both'. That was victory enough for Jessie.
Jessie then marched back upstairs to get ready for school.

Jessie had the same brown curly hair as his mom, it was nearly as long as hers too. Sometimes he kept it in a man bun, but today he let his hair fall around his angular face. He had Hannah shape his eyebrows once a week, but they were still thick and full. Jessie was gorgeous, but if anyone could relate to the song 'Sk8er Boi' by Avril Lavigne, it was Jessie. His dirty skater style complete with tie dye shirts, Vans skate highs, and skinny khakis or ripped jeans was adorable and completely in fashion.. Anywhere but their town. Jessie was a debutante's wet dream, but still considered a reputation ruiner.
He essentially lived in TownieVille and embraced that in the way any rebellious teenager would; by making it a living hell for the boring adults.

Jessie grabbed his Vans backpack and his skateboard and took to the road. It was still 45 minutes before school, and it usually only took him 10 minutes to get their at most, so he headed down the ave to Roland's house.
Roland Torrez wasn't Jessie. Roland was a little shorter and chubbier and had choppy black hair. Roland's mom was Vietnamese-American and his dad was an immigrant from Peru. This was obviously very confusing for the almost solely white community they lived in, but you could tell that didn't bother Roland.
Roland wore the same green bomber jacket and Docs every day with varying tshirts that said stuff like 'Barbie fanclub' and 'Santa Barbra High Reunion class of '93' that he picked up from thrift stores. Roland took it upon himself to find the most random shirts he could, and boy did he succeed. That day he was wearing a shirt that said 'Riley Schmitt's bat-mitzvah basketball party 2011'.

"Dude, I'm gonna ask out Tilly." Roland said when they sat down inside his living room. His parents went to work early like Mrs.McMillion, so Roland and Jessie usually spent mornings doing as they pleased. "Cool, do you want me to buy you tissues for when her boyfriend Jake Hudson makes you cry after he beats your ass and snaps your tiny Asian neck?" Roland laughed and then punched Jessie in the shoulder. "I'm not fuckin around bro. Her and Jake broke it off, it's time for the Landster to slide in." Jessie put his hand on Roland's shoulder and looked at him sincerely, "Nobody calls you the Landster, and there's no way Tilliah is going to even consider going out with you if you insist on calling yourself that." Roland took a piece of his hair out of his eyes. "Ok, since you're an authority on girls now, please enlighten me on how it's going with saucing up Sydnie Johnson."
Syd was in their 4th hour, algebra 2 honors, and she was what Jessie considered to be flawless. Syd wasn't the popular cheerleader type, but she could be. She had pin straight brown hair and light hazel eyes, and always had on just enough makeup to impress. The other guys thought she was weird as hell, but that only made Jessie more attracted. Syd came to school one week with a full sleeve of 25ยข temporary tattoos and pretended she was in the bloods. Atleast 3 teachers sent her out over the coarse of that week. Another time she wore exclusively cut off jeans and Hawaiian shirts for a month.
Jessie found her unique and interesting, but not in the "I'm so edgy and different way." Because she wasn't like that. She wasn't the troubled past girl who acted weird for attention, she was just Syd. Mysterious from what they could tell, but not stuck up.
She was like everyone else, except she displayed it on the outside more than most.