Status: unfinished

Jessie McMillion and a Small Town Revolution

Chapter 2

After Jessie didn't respond to Roland's question he laughed. "Thought so. Still haven't talked to her since the year started, huh? I thought you said you'd have her by homecoming."
It was October, and homecoming was November 16th.
"I'll get to it. We have to get to school." Jessie said, grabbing his bag and standing up.

They made it to school in time to get coffee from the marching band's sale table before it closed. Working the stand that morning was Caeson Limberstein. Caeson shot Jessie a disgusted look when the arrived. Her red curly hair was in two braids and she was wearing a noticeable amount of makeup. "Trying to impress another teacher, Limperstein?" Jessie whispered. "Shut your mouth before I reach over this table, McMillion." Caeson retorted.
Jessie and Roland were the only ones who knew. Last May, Jessie walked in to the staff bathroom during Saturday detention because the other bathrooms were locked, and caught Caeson sucking off Mr.Maceby, or as they knew him on Sunday's, Pastor Steven. That's right, the notoriously creepy pastor was finally caught in the act of being creepy. It all made sense finally. Caeson was a squeaky clean student, played trombone in the band, and had never gotten in trouble until that year. Suddenly, Caeson had Saturday detentions as often as Jessie. It was because she was banging Maceby.
Caeson begged Jessie not to tell anyone, and he obliged. Under one condition. She owed him 2 favors, no questions asked. Both could be redeemed at any time, and could be redeemed separately or at once. She gave him crap daily and was incredibly rude to him, but they still had this agreement hanging over her head, and that thrilled Jessie.
"I'll have a large French vanilla, and hold the mysterious white stuff." Roland asked of Caeson. Of course Jessie told his best friend. She begrudgingly made his drink.
In 5 minutes they both were off to class, leaving behind an on-edge Caeson.

Jessie had computer tech first hour, and that meant Jessie had to endure 90 minutes of Mrs.Keystone pretend she knew what she was talking about. Jessie could afford to zone out considering he knew more about computers going in to the class than anyone else would even after the final exam. Jessie spent the house thinking about Syd. He hadn't seen her in the morning. Maybe she'd been sick. He would find out during lunch, since it was Monday and he was on A schedule Even. Monday-Wednesday he was on Even schedule and took his first 4 classes, co. tech, APUSH, chemistry, and algebra 2. Wednesday-Friday he was on A schedule Odd. Odd was when he took his electives; Creative writing 2, art 2, Spanish, and yoga.
He liked Odd schedule better. There was nothing batter than his yoga class, as unmanly as that sounded to everyone else he knew. Jessie was secure in his masculinity, and found that taking an extremely relaxing class at the end of the day in a room full of girls in sports bras was a perk.
Jessie then started thinking of Syd in a sports bra. He wished he had more than 4th hour even with her and first hour odd. She took environmental education, p.e, and French instead of any of his classes. Their school had a lot of course options and was very structured for being on the outskirts 2 small towns. They went to a private school, after all. With the way some of these kids were bread you'd think the idea of public school would make them wet themselves.
The bell rang and Jessie went on to his college level U.S History class, or APUSH as they called it (A-push)
His life felt repetative in the moment, a rare felling for Jessie. That would change quite soon.