Status: unfinished

Jessie McMillion and a Small Town Revolution

Chapter 3

Third hour chem went by pretty fast. Despite being so in to his "chill skater" image, Jessie was extremely focused on school. Well, the focus kind of left the building when Syd was around.
Jessie walked in to Ms.Pastor's algebra class and saw the desk's in a new order. Usually, in elementary school you would get a seat change every couple of months to shake things up. Ms.Pastor did this in a tenth grade math class. "Alright pupils. I'll call you to your new seats one by one." Roland made a face at Jessie when she said 'pupils.'
One by one, names were called to sit in rows of two. There were 2 columns. This made the math room almost look like the lab. "Your new desk buddy will also be your assignment partners for the rest of the semester. I expect you all to exchange numbers in order to ask questions and communicate the material. Last year I was very proud of the study groups formed. The desk arrangement will change again before third quarter."
Roland ended up getting paired with Jiovanni Bresstino, who worked at the local dairy queen and was the editor of their news paper's advice column. Obviously there was no way Roland and Jio were going to be anything more than assignment partners.
"Jessiah McMillion, you're with Sydnie Johnson."
Sydnie was wearing a black turtleneck with ripped jeans and red rainboots. Her hair was in two french braids and she had a bunch of necklaces on. Every single necklace had a key on it, nothing else.
The two sat down in their new seats and made no eye contact. Pastor finished calling out the groups. "Now, since it is only October and a lot of kids in this room are freshman and you all may not be acquainted with one another, I'll give you a little time to talk and trade information."
The pairs broke in to conversation. Jessie thought this was just lovely: an hour of sitting with Syd. Well, it would be great if they were speaking. Five minutes passed before Syd was the first to speak.
"So, I'm sure you know me," Syd said.
"The real question is, do you know me?" Jessie threw her way
Syd smirked. "Jessie McMillion. Legendary ladies man, to the citizens of nor only West Dion, but also Boyd. Outside of that, you're an amateur prankster, which is why you end up in detention more than the redhead that got bonned by Maceby."
Jessie was stunned, but mostly by the fact she knew about Caeson.
"You really do your homework, huh? Well, Sydnie Johnson, I can proudly say i don't know anything about you."
"Why is that a proud fact?" Syd inquired.
Jessie took a second to think of his response. It would have to be good, he hadn't ever had a conversation with Syd, and she wasn't known to be a talker.
Jessie's voice got low.
"Because, the more of a mystery you are to me, the more I want you."
Got her.
Syd smiled. "You've earned my phone number. Write this down."

After the class ended Roland chased Jessie down the hall. "Bro," Roland called.
"Are you shitting me?" Roland inquired after Jessie looked up. "You just did what you've been planning to do for 3 months. Kuddos."
Jessie not only felt accomplished as hell,as if he'd just conquered Everest, Jessie was hungry.
"Are you down for food?" Jessie asked as they walked down the stairs of the school to head home.
"Did you even have to ask?"