Status: Active

Break on Me

AK-51s

"Piney are you sure we can trust these guys," Jax looked towards the old man who was fiddling with the knob on his oxygen tank as they sat in the truck on the outskirts of the woods at the edge of town.

"Your father and I trusted him with our lives in the war, I trust them to buy the guns," Opie's father said with a grunt and an angry look in his eye as if annoyed about even being questioned.

"Alright," Jax gave in. It had been a week since being back from the patch over and Jax's stress had only increased. Lilah wouldn't even look at him, let alone speak to him. He knew he had been a dick before he had left, but he didn't expect her to completely freeze him out.

Now, with Piney wanting to sell guns to some of his old war buddies his stress only increased. Jax knew this could backfire, and completely cover the club in some shit but he trusted Piney and he gave him his word. Jax decided he would go and try to talk to Lilah after this deal was settled, so he was eager to get it over with and he barely said a word as he climbed out of the truck to grab the bag of guns from the back.

After firing a few test rounds into the woods, the men thanked Piney and Jax and drove off down the road. An uneasy feeling stirred inside of Jax's stomach as he drove, but he chalked it up to having to face Lilah without any idea of how it was going to go. As sexy as she was when she was angry, she was stubborn as all hell. He also hated knowing that he was the reason for her being anything but happy.

As soon as they arrived back at the clubhouse Piney got into his car and drove away without saying a word to Jax. Jax just shook his head and walked inside, passing by Opie as he worked on a car in the garage.

"Your old man is losing his mind man," Jax joked and threw a greasy towel at Opie as he walked by earning a quick shove and a laugh from the tall bearded man.

"Hey Opie, what are you workin' on right now," her soft voice innocently rang through the garage. She was looking down at the clipboard that was held securely in her hands, completely oblivious to Jax's presence. Her facial expression was hard as she squinted her emerald eyes to try and read what was on the paper in front of her and Jax wondered how long it would take for her to notice him standing there.

Finally, with no response from Opie, who was casually shielding himself underneath the car he was working on knowing there was tension in the room, Lilah looked up.

For a split second Jax thought he saw a hint of hurt flash across her eyes, but it was replaced by an emtionless and calculated look.

"Oh Jax, didn't see you there. Never mind Ope I'll take care of it myself." And without another word Lilah turned and exited the room, a chill running down Jax's spin.

Just one week ago she had looked at him so warmly and openly and now it was as if she had never even spoken to him before.

This was what he wanted right? This is what he deserved. He did not deserve for that woman to look at him the way that she would, and he knew it. She deserved better. Now she was looking at him the way that he always thought she should have and it was worse than he could have ever imagined.

Without a word to Opie, Jax crossed the room and followed Lilah back into the office.

A lame, "hey," was all that he could muster up as he took in the appearance of the woman in front of him. She was beautiful, there was no doubt about it but there was something lacking from her eyes. It was the same look he used anytime he shut off his emotions, and Jax feared to what could have caused this. Knowing Half Sack would have said something if something had happened to Luke, Jax racked his brain for possible reasons.

"Is there something I can help you with Jax," Her voice also lacking any emotion as well. This scared Jax even more.

"I-uh-no what's going on Lilah?" Jax stuttered.

Before she could respond they both heard loud shouting coming from the front of the garage, the voice belonging to Clay.

As they both made their way outside they found Clay being put into handcuffs by a petite woman, which only one of them recognized.

Lilah stood confused as she placed the woman's face to the same woman who had given her the pictures of Jax a week ago.

"You gonna bother mentioning a charge?" Clay said now with a smirk on his face, clearly amused with whatever was really going on.

"Agent Stahl ATF," the lady said staring right back at Clay with the same amused expression, "I believe one of you actually already knows me though," Stahl said turning her attention towards Lilah.

Jax tensed up beside her, "How the hell do you know her?" He said his nostrils flaring praying to whatever was out there for her own sake that Lilah did not rat in any way shape or form.

"Nothing like what you're thinking, she gave me some pictures last week," Lilah said looking at the ground avoiding any and all eye contact with Jax, clearly still bothered by whatever the pictures contained.

"Right. Well moving on," Stahl said directing her attention back to Clay, "you're not under arrest we're just gonna bring you in for some questioning and see what you know about a Mr. Nate Meineke,"

Clay now spoke again, "Who?" confusion replacing the smirk on his face.

Jax was now the one looking down, knowing fully well he had just sold him guns about two hours ago. Behind Clay's back.

"Nate Meineke. He's one of the men who held up a prison transport vehicle this morning. Killed three people with AK-47s. We found Mr. Meineke's cell phone at the scene. Last call he received was from your garage," Stahl said leading a scowling Clay back to her squad car, "Preference," she asked gesturing to the front or the back of the car.

A very pissed off Clay smiled, "Lady's choice,"

"Ah chivarly and tattoos- delicious combination," venom hanging onto her sarcastic words.

Clay got into the back of the car and as they drove away Jax shot daggers at Piney who was hanging towards the back of the group, "You fix this," was all he could say to the old man.

Jax was too pissed off to notice that Lilah had retreated back into the garage, but when he did he knew he needed to follow her because he had a strong feeling the pictures had something to do with him.

"You wanna explain those pictures Lilah," Jax frowned when he realized that came out more aggressive than he had intended especially because he was sure he was in the wrong.

"You wanna explain those pictures Jax," Her green eyes cloudy and angry. At least there was some emotion in them again.

Lilah reached into her desk and threw a manilla folder towards Jax, he opened them and sighed when he saw what they were- him having sex, but it wasn't with Lilah.

He opened his mouth to explain but snapped it shut when Lilah raised her hand.

"Don't. Nothing you can say to me will change anything. That? That's not who you are. That guy-That asshole isn't you, so until you can get that through your fucking thick skull I want nothing to do with you. Stop making everything in your life toxic- it's too short and too unpredictable to always go around sabotaging it. I won't be a part of that,"

With that she walked out of the door.