Bad Blood

Chapter Four: Race Against Time

Hearing my sister say she didn’t want to leave this small town. Truly pissed me off. Not only did I not want to be around her ex, Damon. Because that guy and I have so much damn history it isn’t funny. But now my ex was here. Probably investigating these random attacks. I sighed to myself walking through the small town as I stopped hearing random footsteps.

It sounded as if there were more than one pair. Scattering back and forth. Side to side. My heart began to speed up as my fear began to take over my senses. I quickly turned around to see nothing there. I narrowed my eyes putting my hand towards my jeans, “Show yourself.” I muttered out.

Nothing. Nada. Zip. Zilch. Just the breeze blowing through the night air, and nothing but darkness. I turned slowly and began walking, this time picking up my pace. There it was again. The footsteps. They were in all different directions this time. Turning faster than before I saw nothing once more. I quickly turned and took off flying as fast as my legs could go.

Getting towards the inn, I quickly made a bee-line for it. That’s when it hit me, something was thrown causing me to go crashing down onto my stomach. I let a loud, eerie scream escape my lips as I quickly scrambled to my feet to get up. I heard a guy shouting and whoever had thrown something at me. Had vanished into the night. Getting to my feet best I could, I grabbed the lower part of the back of my head. “Fuck.” I mumbled out.

“Riley?” The voice questioned causing me to jump lightly.

Glancing up there stood none other than, Sam Winchester. Dean’s baby brother, and my used to be best friend. I sighed trying my damn hardest to avoid either of them. But it failed big time. Thank you fucking karma I suppose. “Sam.” I said rubbing my head and tossing my hands into my jeans.

“Riley, are you ok?” Sam asked as he come towards me to check me. I just shook my head at him backing away.

“I’m fine.” I replied to him as I stepped to go around him but he caught me before I could pass.

“Riles.” Sam pleaded causing me to turn half ways and stare at him.

“There’s nothing to say. He made his mind up, and so did you.” I said to him turning to move faster than he could react as I headed for the stairs of the inn.

Looking down at my feet I started up the inn stairs as I crashed into someone. Catching my balance with one of the banisters, I stared up at the person I had crashed into. Letting a big gulp escape my lips, there he stood. Dean Winchester.

“Riley?” Dean questioned staring at me as I narrowed my eyes.

“Sure does look like it, doesn’t it dick wad.” I snarled out at him.

He rolled his eyes letting a growl emerge from his lips, “Don’t do that fucking shit.” He said with fierce backing his tone.

“Or what, Dean?” I snapped shoving him backwards with the palms of my hands. “Going to fucking get rid of me again? Leave in the middle of the night again?” I yelled at him.

“Riley.” He said in a soft, but sad voice.

“No!” I screamed smacking him in the face hard. “I could care less what you have to say. I am done!” I screamed even louder.

I walked past him going into the inn as I stopped. I hadn’t heard from my sister all day. I took and dialed her number as I waited. That’ when the chills went down my spine. Someone was answering her phone, and it wasn’t her. I quickly hung up and ran back out of the inn and down the stairs. I saw Sam getting into the Impala. As much as I hated these two right now, I needed their help. “Wait!” I screamed at them.

I saw Dean glance past Sam as he quickly scrambled out of the car. “Danielle is missing. Someone answered her phone and it wasn’t her ex.” I said. “Please help me.” I pleaded to the two of them.

Both Sam and Dean nodded to me. Sam got in the back as I got in the front. Dean pulled out as we began prowling the town. “Where did she last go?” Dean asked me.

“I am guessing Damon’s home.” I replied to him as he rose an eyebrow. “When you and I were together and things were calm. Danni and I parted ways a while. She came here, fell in love, blah blah.” I said shrugging. “Turn right here and go straight up. Should be a brick home right up ahead.” I told Dean.

He done as I said as we pulled up to the home. I got out as I began walking to the door. I stopped knocking on it, hoping he knew where she was. If not, we were racing against time to find her.