Status: walang nobyo ~ *no boyfriend*

Walang Nobyo

One / One : Jonty

Kumusta ka, Athena.”

As Athena looks up from her tablet, the most beautiful smile flashes before my eyes.

“Hi, Jonty.”

I sit in the seat across her and give her a small smile of my own. I eye the scattered papers and notes in front of her and ask, “How are you enjoying it here?”

While she’s thinking, I take notice of her soft black locks tucked under a baseball cap; her hair falls nicely on her shoulders.

“Good. The workload is okay.” As Athena’s lips curve into a half smile, she begins to tap her pencil on the table. She adds, “I still need to get use to the weather, though.”

The table she chose is located dead center of the library. The only air hitting her is hot.

As I think about her choices, I let out an obnoxious laugh. Oh god. I start to tap my fingers on lap and feel my face flush. As my eyes moves side to the side, I scratch the back of my head and comment, “Isabela must be different from America, huh?”

She lets out another soft giggle; I don't know if she is being polite or if she is only joining along to my dumb laugh.

She nods. “Oh yeah!” She explains the differences between her past hometown and Isabela, but I can only focus on the way she smiles every so slightly at what seems to make her happy.

Athena catches my attention when she asks, “Is Tagalog your first language?”

Oo.

She giggles and enlightens me even more. “I'm full Filipino but I only know some Ilocano, all thanks to my grandma, but barely any Tagalog. See, I know some words and phrases in Tagalog because of the language class I took during my first and second year at Florida Tech, but it's been two years, so I would definitely butcher the language if I tried to speak it.”

She constantly looks down when she talks, as if she's not used to the attention I’m currently giving her.

“Hmm.” I scratch my chin, while raising an eyebrow. I challenge, “I think you wouldn't understand me if you tried.”

Athena's smile twinkles even more once a dimple appears below her cheekbones. She lifts her chin and slowly says, “Try me.”

I swallow and turn my attention to her hands. She's twirling her bracelets on her arm, while she's watching me closely. I lean forward and push my focus on her crystal eyes.

May nobyo ka na?”

She flashes the most precious, confused smile. “What?”

Shit, she can't understand a word I'm saying. Great.
♠ ♠ ♠
thank you to Carissa for your comment ♡ the lovely 12 who recommended ♡ the fantastic 4 who subscribed!! ILY GUYS