Sequel: Before

Disobey

Is He a Man

OR A MONSTER?


"The Asset has been contained and will be en route to base shortly." The groggy super soldier brought a hand to his pounding head, squinting in the direction of the voice. At least a dozen agents lined the exit-way, guns drawn and ready to fire. Where was he? Rolling waves of nausea settled in his stomach but he held his ground in order to calculate the exact moves necessary for escape.

The last few days had seen a flood of memories - all set in different times - weasel their way into the young man's mind. Thanks to an innumerable amount of missions complete, Hydra had become lax in their frequent wiping of his memory. Questioning what he knew to be his mind was beginning to effect his sense of awareness. Whatever Hydra's doctors had done to his arm was also working with his mind - and he was not enjoying it. Anger seemed to be fueling Bucky and whether that was his mind or what they had forced to be his mind, the man didn't have the time to decide.

A quick flexing of mechanical fingers caused sparks to fly from where metal prepared to meet flesh. Leading agent Elliot Carson, who had been driving at a leisurely pace, quickly slammed on the breaks upon hearing the malfunction. "Jesus Christ agent, what're ya doing to the son of a bitch?" It was a voice that Bucky would never forget, his vision tunneling as a result. Agent Carson and whoever sat next to him would die, that much he was sure of.

Before Agent Carson could look back he had the chains around the other man's neck; metal digging into metal digging into flesh on one side, his right hand warm against the cool links. "Help, please," the man was spluttering in an almost inaudible whisper. The pair toppled to the floor and Bucky used the weight of his enemy to break the chain in half. They sure didn't think this through, he thought. And then everything went black.

With the darkness would come an abuse he would never remember.

Image

PROJECT WINTER SOLDIER
21 APRIL 2012, 04:00
UNDISCLOSED LOCATION


Subject #: 32557038
Name: James Buchanan Barnes
DOB: 10 March 1917 (95)
Height: 182.8cm
Weight: 78kg

The Asset, herein referred to as the subject, has become violent and unresponsive to general post-mission measures taken to subdue him. At least three agents were wounded on-base while assisting in said measures. Additionally, there are at least seven agents unaccounted for since 22:18 on the night previous (20 April 2012) after the subject attempted escape.

A mechanic scheduled to work on the cybernetic arm reported the subject complained of pain along his left shoulder, where the cybernetic components attach to his flesh body, and down through his back. Hydra's best doctors and scientists will be landing tonight in order to tend to the subject tomorrow. At present he is being wiped in effort to avoid another incident like that of the last 12 hours.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please check out the other mini-prequels to Constellations if you enjoyed this! Just follow the "sequel" train~