Status: Rating for language and mature content

Coffee and Love

Wake Up

After emptying pretty much everything in her stomach, Mirela brushed her teeth and stumbled to the bed. She was in a purple nightgown that went to her knees. I smiled at her, already in bed.

“You all right?” I asked.

“Don’t ever let me drink that much again,” she mumbled, getting in bed beside me.

I laughed and she turned off her bedside lamp. I was feeling buzzed myself but I was used to getting drunk. Something told me she wasn’t. I turned to say so but she was already fast asleep. I smiled and watched her for a little while. Her hair was in her face so I gently pushed it out.

“Caleb,” she sighed and I froze but she just continued to sleep.

I tried to think about the best time to tell her. Should I wait until the last day? Or maybe half way through the trip? Maybe I’d do it after we had the dinner with Margaret and John…. A nice romantic dinner with a couple on their anniversary would definitely set the mood….

I yawned and shut my eyes.

-

I tried not to laugh. Mirela was still asleep when eight in the morning came around. She was spread out on the bed, her mouth hanging open and drooling a little. Her nightgown had slipped in the night and I could see her thighs. I bit my lip painfully. My eyes wandered to her chest where the buttons couldn’t come together so that it showed some of her cleavage.

I groaned quietly and put my hand on her stomach. I kissed her cheek.

“Why do you have to be so fucking beautifully sexy?” I grumbled.

I sighed, shaking my head, and got up to shower and get ready. When I came out, she was still asleep. I smiled and sat beside her.

“Wake up,” I said but she didn’t respond. I poked her. “Come on, Mirela. Wake up.”

I poked her some more and she swatted at my hand.

“Go away,” she groaned. “It’s not my turn to go grocery shopping.”

I chuckled. “Come on. I want to go out to eat for breakfast.”

She was already asleep and I wondered if it was always this difficult to wake her up. I smirked and took my shoes off again. I ran my hand up her stomach and she squirmed in her sleep. I leaned down to her ear.

“Wake up,” I whispered and she shifted a little. I got in next to her and put my leg between hers. “Wake up, Mirela,” I breathed, kissing her neck. She moaned quietly. I kissed around her throat and to her lips. “Time to wake up.”

I kissed her lips a few times until she was kissing me back. I smiled in satisfaction and opened my eyes.

She covered her mouth and yawned. “Off,” she said with narrowed eyes.

“Aw,” I said, nuzzling her neck. “But I’m having fun.”

“Mm,” she said. “I guess I could get you drunk and castrate you in your sleep.”

I laughed and kissed her one more time before getting up. She sat up and stretched, pulling on her nightgown then rubbing her eyes.

“Jeez. I have the worst headache.”

“Get dressed and we’ll go get some food and strong coffee.”

She gathered her clothes and went into the bathroom to change. I picked up my camera and took some pictures of the city. Our room was facing the east so I got a good view of the sunrise. I walked around a bit by the window for different angles. I had to get the ground. Everything looked so tiny; I loved it.

“You ready?” she asked, coming up and hugging me from behind.

She kissed my shoulder.

“Yeah,” I said. “Look at that,” I whispered and she stood beside me.

“What am I looking at?”

“The sunrise,” I said. “The way it’s in between the buildings.”

She held my hand. “You have a great eye for this stuff,” she said.

“Thank you,” I said. “Come on. Let’s get food.”

-

We went to a buffet that was in a casino, something that surprised both of us. I kept my camera hanging from my desk. The ceiling was amazing and I took a couple pictures of it as we waited in line at the buffet. Several times Mirela had to drag me because I’d get distracted.

“Want to do some slots after we’re done?” I asked and she nodded enthusiastically.

“Nothing hardcore, though,” she said.

“We’ll save that for later,” I agreed.

“Later?”

“While you were passed out I went online and found a good restaurant casino we can go with Margaret and John tomorrow night. It’s pretty fancy and has some slots and at least one Blackjack table.”

“I guess it’s a good thing I packed that dress,” she said.

“Which one?”

“The one Luther got for the photoshoot,” she answered.

I smiled and held her hand. The line was insanely long but I had anticipated that. We weren’t the only people fascinated by Las Vegas. Neither of us spoke but I didn’t mind. I enjoyed just being next to her. She started humming and I put my arm around her waist and she did the same.

“Excuse me?” someone said behind us and we turned. It was a young man about our age. “Are you a photographer?”

“Yes,” I nodded, holding up my badge.

“The name’s Ryan,” he said, holding out his hand. “Fellow photographer,” he added. His eyes slid to Mirela and I frowned at the look in his eyes. It was the same look I had given her when we first met. “And who is this lovely young woman?”

“My girlfriend, Mirela,” I said and they shook hands.

“Mirela,” he repeated slowly. “Such a lovely name for a lovely woman.”

“Thanks,” she said coolly.

He smirked as she turned around and I cleared my throat. I stared coldly at him for a second and he shrugged, getting the message.

“Are you here for the sights?” he asked.

“Sort of,” I answered as the line inched forward. Mirela had her phone out. “She and I needed a vacation and my partner wants us to do a travel series.”

“Partner, huh?” he asked.

“In business,” I clarified.

“So you two are exclusive?” he asked and I saw Mirela stiffen beside me.

“Yes,” I said immediately.

“I always thought open relationships showed more… trust between the couple.” Mirela looked at him. “How do you know you can trust a person until you let them spend the night with another man or woman?” Mirela’s face was getting confused, something I didn’t like. “My girlfriend and I are in an open relationship, you see.”

“Good for you,” I said and pushed Mirela forward. “Don’t,” I whispered in her ear. “Just go, okay?”

“But-”

“We’ll talk about it at the table, okay?”

“Okay,” she said slowly.

When she was ahead of us, I turned back to him. Our eyes met and his gaze was challenging.

“Have a good time in Las Vegas,” I said coldly.