‹ Prequel: Flucht
Status: 2.0.

Tommy Guns

auftakt

“Ruedi, are you insane?”

“Of course not.”

“You’re talking like a crazy person. I can’t believe you’re saying any of this.”

“Listen, Felix, hear me out. It’s a-”

“No! Have you completely lost your mind? This isn’t a solution! People die in the army, Ruedi. You could die.”

“You don’t get it, do you? We’re going to die anyway. If they find out who we are – what we are – then we die anyway. Do you know what they do to people like us, Felix? They work us to the ground and then when we’re not worth anything to them anymore, they line us up against a wall and put bullets between our eyes. You can’t tell me you want that?”

“No more than I want to see your brains blown across some god-forsaken battlefield in the middle of nowhere. This is crazy, Ruedi. Suicidal.”

“Staying here is suicidal, don’t you get that? If we do this, we drop suspicions. We both look like upstanding citizens, we serve our country and I don’t have to watch them drag you away from me to be executed like a dog. Don’t you see? This is the only way we survive this.”

“There has to be another way. It’s too much. Talk of bullets and death – this isn’t me. It isn’t you. We aren’t cut out for this and you know it.”

“Maybe we aren’t cut out for war, but we’re cut out for survival. This isn’t even a decision, Felix. Weigh up your options. I can get a medic’s position; you can join as a foot soldier. We’ll both live this way. If we stay here, somebody will find out and we’ll die. If you stay, you’re choosing certain death over the possibility of death.”

“I… but-”

“There’s nothing left to argue, Felix. We have to do this. You know we have to.”

“You’re sure this is the only way?”

Ja, positiv.

“So, we enlist?”

“We enlist.”
♠ ♠ ♠
chapter edited by the wonderful PoeticMess. via her editing shop