Just a Slave to Rock 'n Roll

A New Chapter In The Book Of Abi

“Abi!”

I moaned and rolled over in bed pretending I was still asleep and didn't hear anything.

“Dammit, Abi!”

I then felt the bed next to me move vigorously.

“Wake up, sleepyhead! It's your first day at your new job and you don't want to be late!” who needs an alarm clock when you have a persistent boyfriend right?

Today is my first day working as a band manager for Asking Alexandria, and thanks to my wonderful Matthew, I was able to get this gig right out of college.

Seven months ago I graduated from Berklee College of Music with my Bachelors of Science in Music Business and all of those long nights and college loans was finally paying off.

Matthew is the drummer in a band called Take Me Out, who toured with Asking Alexandria last Fall. He overheard the guys saying that they needed a new manager since the one they had left to help care for his newborn baby and mentioned my name. Knowing how much I enjoy their music and have since the beginning, and my hard work ethic, he told them about me and to pass it on to their label. So I sent in my resume, and before I knew it I received a call from Sumerian Records telling me I got the job.

Since I was doing the online degree, I was able to go on tour with Take Me Out on multiple occasions and work the merch table, which allowed me to get a taste of tour life and confirmed that this is what I want to do with my life.

“Okay, I'm up! I'm up!” I said as he started to drip water on my face.

I rolled back over and gave Matthew a long kiss and headed to the bathroom to shower and get ready for the day.

I followed the smell of french toast and coffee and made my way downstairs to find him making breakfast in his boxers.

“Well, this is a nice sight. I wish I could see this every day.” I said as I hugged him from behind.

He chuckled and turned around, “I wish I could wake up to you and cook you breakfast every morning, but alas, we knew what we would be getting into when we first started dating.”

“I know, I know. Back then you guys were just starting and I had no idea ya'll would get so big and you would be gone so often.” My eyes started to tear up, but I held them back to the best of my abilities, “But I am glad that you had a couple off days on your tour and could come home so I could see you.”

He put his hand under my chin and lifted it up so he could look me in the eyes.

“Just think, this tour is almost over and I'll be on the second half of the tour, so you will be stuck seeing me every day from then until the end of it.”

I smiled at the thought of being able to see Matthew every day, even if it was just for a short time.
We grabbed our plates of french toast and sat down at the table.

“Who knows…” he said with his mouth full of food, “if you're good enough we may just try to steal you away from them so you can manage us on the next tour.” he winked and continued to shove his face with food.

“Oh shut up. You know I'll be good, I studied my ass off for an opportunity like this.”

“I know, I'm just giving you a hard time. Except you do owe me because I put in a good word for you.” he licked his lips as seductively as he could.

I couldn't help but laugh.

“Easy there, tiger. Not right now. I have to leave, remember?”

He walked me to the door and kissed me goodbye.

“Wish me luck!”

“You don't need it, there going to love you. Just be you, but try not fangirl this time. I'll see you after the meeting. I love you.”

“I won't fangirl. I can be professional! Love you too.”

I took a deep breath and walked out the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
I haven't written a story in forever.

If you like it so far, please subscribe! If you do or don't like it, leave some feedback! <3