Status: active with slow updates

Polaroids

Flight

I sat staring at the board - our flight for Ohio departs in an hour. We were leaving, and I vowed to myself and my daughter that we would never return to this god awful place, and that we were free. I needed to be free from him.
But that didn't stop me from being paranoid as we waited; I feared that Jared was lurking around the corner and about to come and rip my baby girl away from me, I knew he wasn't though as he couldn't get through the gates without a ticket.

"Are you okay, ma'am?" One of the flight attendants asked me as they passed to go onto the plane, maybe to set up. I forced a small smile to my lips and nodded, "Yes, thank you. Just want to keep my daughter settled." I also just wanted to sleep. It was 7AM, we had been here since 3. I didn't want to risk him coming back and keeping us locked in.

"I can ask if we can board you early if you like, I'm sure it won't be a problem as it's not going to be a busy flight."

"That would be very kind, thank you." I nodded and wrapped the blanket a little more around Ella to make sure she was warm. The woman went onto the plane and I sat back, staring at my little girl's face. She was so beautiful but once again I couldn't help but wonder if she was going to hate me for this one day.

The lady returned 5 minutes later and told me to follow her as she took my bags. "There are a fair few seats free in first class, so you can go in there. Just don't tell anyone." She winked and took me to my seat. I couldn't thank her enough, she kept telling me it was no problem and wished me a great flight.

Suddenly I felt a little bit safer, he couldn't get to me here. My daughter and I are about to start a new life. My phone buzzed in my pocket, so I lay Ella down on my knees, placing my scarf under her head and kept one arm over her gently as I pulled my phone out and looked at the screen. It was Jenna.

"Hey, Jen." I smiled a genuine smile as she greeted me back.

"Just checking everything is alright before we head to bed." She yawned. "Tyler is getting a bit too excited to see Ella though, so I'm not sure he will sleep."

I laughed gently and nodded, biting my lip. "Everything is great, actually, they have bumped me up to first class and let me on the plane early so we're just gonna get some shut eye before we take off, I think...hey, does my Dad know I am coming?"

"Yeah, he's thrilled. Still pissed at your mom though."

I sighed and nodded again, "Good. Okay well you get to bed and I will let you know when I land, okay? Sleep well, Jen and thank you...really. You're my hero."

She said goodnight and hung up. I locked my phone and turned my gaze to the window. My mom and dad split up when I was thirteen, he left to go live in America where he met a new woman and re-married which is how I knew Jenna, she is my step sister. Most step sisters hate each other, but not us. We used to skype everyday, she became my best friend. I couldn't turn to my dad when Jared started getting violent with me because he lived so far away and I assumed because Mom had shut me out, then he would too.

I closed my eyes and sleep found me. In 7 hours, I would be with my Dad, my step sister and her husband. I would be completely free and ready to start a new life for my baby and I.

-----

"Ladies and gentlemen, please fasten your seat-belts, we are coming in to land." The attendant said over the microphone. "If you could also ensure that all tables are up, for safety reasons. Thank you."
I buckled the belt back up and held onto Ella, who was awake and gurgling away. I was grateful that she slept most of the way, and didn't kick up a fuss. The little lady grabbed the attention of everyone who passed our seat with her big blues.

We landed with a bump and before I knew it, we were being told to collect our things and exit the plane. Finally... 7 hours is a long flight, bit worse when you have a baby on your lap the whole way. I grabbed my duffel bag and followed everyone off the plane.

"Katie! Katie!" The sounds of a little girl called out as I looked around, keeping a firm grip on my daughter. It was Amelia - my little half sister. She came running up to me and hugged my waist. I smiled and leant down to kiss her head, "Hey Amelia, how ya doing?"

"Katie, my little princess." My dads voice reached my ears and I turned around to face him. But his smile faded when he saw me, his fingers reached out and brushed over the bruise under my eye.

"How dare he treat you that way. I ought to fly over there and hang the bas-"

But he was cut off, and suddenly a pair of arms were taking Ella away from me. It was Jenna and she was already cooing at her niece.
"Pretty little lady has come to live with Aunt Jenna and and Uncle Tyler, oh, yes she has!"

It was rather sweet to see.

"Hi, Katie, I'm Tyler. This is my best friend Josh."

Josh was tall, built and had red hair. He also had a tattoo up his arm. And those brown eyes were quite beautiful.

"Hi..." I breathed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Slow updates - busy with uni work. This story is about to start getting better I promise :) also have an idea in the works for an Alex Gaskarth fic. Stay tuned!