Live Your Dream

Chapter Two : Servus Dortmund!

Dortmund :

"Damen und Herren, this is your captain speaking. We are about to begin our final descent to Dortmund Airport. Currently the weather in Dortmund is pleasant; the temperature is above 25 degrees. For the duration of our landing, please fasten your seat belts. We have enjoyed having you on board today and hope to see you again real soon. Thanks again for flying Lufthansa." I heard a strong German accent speaking to us , we were landing in just few minutes and I actually could see the ground. Dortmund .Nobody could be happy as I had been , to be in the city I always longed to be was such a pure bliss. I fasted my seat belt and looked outside the window , I was so glad and to be honest my eyes teared up of happiness. It was a perfect flight or the best flight I had ever taken.

***

As I got closer to the gate, I heard the buzz of the passengers waiting for their luggage , so many people were at the airport that day , I looked around inhaling the air , still couldn't believe I was in the most lovable country. That day the airport was crazy busied , I also heard that the most people shouted there with some names , apparently they were only waiting for some team , according to my acknowledgement , Dortmund has a famous club of football , I didn't know that much about football or it rules , all what I knew there was around 11 young people running behind a ball , let's be honest and said , I did watch some games only to see some handsome players, beside Taylor was always cheering up against them , just because he was a Bavarian supporter. The people there were making a chains , I glanced once more and I saw some young people wearing suits, good looking just like they were Hollywood stars or some hot models walking on the runway, most of them carrying their luggage , and bending over the weels taking pictures and sign for autographs. I saw some yellow stuffs decorated with black, for a moment I imagined them as a huge bee community . Otherwise I think I was lucky to see them , Taylor would envy me when I told him about the first thing I saw when I arrived Dortmund.

I kept walking after I took my luggage and went through the exit , grinning like a fool in the middle of the day, the Dortmund Airport was not huge like the one in Frankfurt , but still, I fell in love with it, the workers there were so kind when it came to do their works, honestly I didn't face any troubles , unless that few people stopped me thinking I'm the actress from the Nashville series, anyway it seems they paid much attention when it comes to the celebrities.

As I put my foot for the first time on the Dortmund's ground , I felt a pure bliss hitting me, I was so excited, a lot of thoughts were swirling in my head , thinking in every move I would take , honestly I didn't want to spare a single moment without discovering the city, that would be my home for two consecutive years. I was so lucky and so grateful to take such a golden opportunity.

Lucky me , I didn't wait to catch a taxi , as I walked out the building of the airport , I found a car right there waiting, the driver was kind with me , after he took my things he drove me to the hotel where I supposed booked to stay , I knew I had to look for an appartement to stay during my stay but it was not a matter for me , I knew I could find a fine flat but for now I wanted to try living at hotels.

***

The drive from the airport to the three stars " hotel Fürst Garden " was not far but the traffic was awful , I glanced from the window and the ways were busy , just like the ground had threw up the people and their cars, I was not nervous like I have been in Cape Town , simply because I wanted to enjoy every second , and the circulations was one of those things I wanted to witness it from the first time being in the city.

The driver asked me if he could take another way to arrive early , I didn't mind I told him he was free to choose whichever suited him as long as it would be led to the same result ; that I'll be home , so I didn't care much of his decision, he thanked me and immediately picked another way to pass over.

During his drive , he asked me if I was a stranger because he couldn't recognize the deference , well I told him my story , just the headlines and he was so glad to pick me to my destination , he started telling me a lot of things about the city, how the people are dealing here, giving me some tips and advices and of course , he didn't miss to tell me about the football club of the city, talking about the new offers and the results of the club , I didn't catch much of what he was talking , because I had no idea how to engage in such conversations , that focused only on the football tactics . I don't have ideas, honestly I didn't know the deference between the midfielder , the striker and the winger for me are the same thing, so I just kept nodding and smiling pretending I was in the same line with him. And from his talk I learnt that the team of the city had arrived from some game in another city they played against. Too much informations the Taxi driver had given me, but I was clueless , I don't care of football , I'd like to watch Tennis games , Rafael Nadal is my favorite, whenever I watched his games I remained stunned by his skills , and he is so damned good, people saw him with T-shirt and shorts but I fantasied him with an elegant suit when he waved with his tennis racquet , weird but yes that how I imagined him , he is so elegant and his smile oh my.. it's killing me. I once had honor to meet with him in the United States when he had participated in Miami open Championships, and even we had played together. I loved how he is so down to earth, he is a great person. The game with Rafa , the funny times with him and especially the dinner were definitely the best memory I got before that awful accident.

As we arrived the hotel , I noticed that it was just right beside a clinic , just like the guide described, from outside you can't recognize if it is a hotel or some typical German house, the building is so simple and so German, and yes it was an old house, but it nicely decorated . I know I booked somehow in a cheap hotel, but I wanted a simple and quite calm Hotel that should be near the metro station, I didn't want to book in luxury hotels like the seven stars , I wanted everything to be simple , so I can enjoy my sojourn before looking for another place to stay.

I descended from the car and lifted my head, inhaling the smooth air hitting my face , it was like a dream , a beautiful dream, my eyes locked with the beauty of the place till the voice of the driver pulled me out my musing

" So here we are , wünsche Ich Ihnen einen angenehmen Aufenthalt und viel erfolgreich " he smiled at me and I blushed , I thanked him and paid for the nice ride from the airport to this place, and of course for the kind words he gifted me. He helped me with my luggage, carried them to the entrance and then left wishing me a good luck in the new city. Good luck, that what I really needed to start my journey into the unknown , I wished Tay was here with me , but this time I had to depend on myself . I took a deep breath then exhaled it, everything would be alright, I whispered to myself.

***

I stepped inside the building, I had read before th reactions of the travelers before to book, and I wanted to give it a try, I read that it is situated in small area , and it contains around 16 rooms , that was true, I barely can feel I'm in a hotel but , though I felt home , the warm welcome I got from the reception was priceless , they were so kind and so understandable, and even the guy at reception advised me to take the room facing the courtyard , I accepted his flirting but I didn't give any hints , I crossed all this distance to study not to flirt with anyone smile at me. The flaws in this hotel that there was no elevator which I had to lift my luggage to the third floor, quite an effort but I didn't care , beside the receptionist asked one of the workers there to take his place while he would helped me with my heavy suitcases , I really appreciated his help.

As the guy from the reception opened the door , I stopped stunned before the entrance , my room was a small one but has a very nice decoration, decorated in warm tones and well equipped with a T.V and minibar on request. A lovely comfortable big pink bed with white covers and mini blue & pink pillow just to suite the decoration, very stylish furnishings , a white wide French window with dark blue curtains, and a poster of "Marlene Monroe" on the wall beside the window, generally my room was so lovely, another flaw in the room, there was not any kind of air conditioner , but it's fine, the receptionist told me that around the evening and on the weather changed and the cool breeze blew coming from the trees that surrounded the garden , so I wouldn't feel uncomfortable during the nights. He also mentioned that there was an Italien restaurant just next to the hotel if I was a fan of Italien food or getting bored from the hotel's buffet , I thanked him , and walked toward the window to open it after I pulled the curtains aside, and walked out, the sight outside was amazing, there was a garden around the place and the visitors can take their breakfast in the fresh air, as the guy said.

"I breathe the same air that these lovely people breathe" I said secretly as I put my arms on the railing of the balcony , watching the beauty of the place.

" Anything else could I do for you?", he asked smiling with sparkle in his eyes as he put my last suitcase on the floor just before the bed.

"Thank you, if you don't mind I want a map direction to the TU Dortmund ?" I replied and he nodded

" I will send it to you , I hope you will like the stay at our small hotel"

" It's small but warm , I love it... thank you for your help again" I replied, casting my eyes down, avoiding his sharp gazes from his piercing blue eyes.

" Anything else just mention it , I will work to let you feel comfortable , and yes I forgot... the breakfast is descent"

" Yes sure I wouldn't miss to have a nice, decent breakfast in the outdoors, thank you again for your help"

The guy left and I walked again to the balcony , staring around me , praising the beauty of the place, that was one of the few moments I wanted to live and to etch it in my memory as one of the first things I would remember from my journey when I would reminisce it to my children and why not ; to my great children. I took another deep breath closing my eyes for seconds to feel and taste this new sensation then opened them looking happy at the blue high sky, hoping nothing but to find peace in my life with this new huge step. Not along and the room service guy knocked on my door , bringing with him the map I asked for , I thanked him and gave him perquisite for his help. As I opened the map I saw that the TU was not too much away , I could use the metro to be there , which was just in nearby the hotel, it took me just 2 min walking to the station.

I wanted to stroll around the city but I felt so exhausted , so I cancelled it at least till I would had taken my little nap, and the atmosphere really helped me to rest.