The Emeryville Coffee Shop Owner

Post 10

“I should’ve known.” Adrienne stated while glaring at me.

“Should’ve known what?” Billie asked a little angry.

“That the moment we were divorced that whore would jump into bed with you.” She said while gesturing at me.

“What does it matter to you who I sleep with? You divorced me remember!?” Billie said his voice laced with anger.

“Well I always knew she was a whore!” Adie sniped back.

“Just tell me why you’re here and get the fuck out.” Billie shouted.

“I came to pick up Jakob’s stuffed dog toy. He said he left it here.” She replied.

“Fine; go downstairs and I’ll bring it to you.” Billie replied. Adie turned on her heel and walked away. I quickly stood up, looked at Billie helplessly before putting my clothes back on and following her downstairs.

“Adrienne wait, I didn’t sleep with Billie.” I said as I caught up to her by the door.

“So you were in bed with him wearing his shirt because you didn’t sleep with him. Yeah, right.” She said in an annoyed tone of voice.

“Let me explain.” I said and quickly explained to the events of the night before. Adie’s expression softened.

“I’m sorry for jumping to conclusions Roni. It’s just I walked in on you and him sleeping in the same bed and I immediately thought you had fucked the night before. I got mad not because he was sleeping with other people now that we are no longer married but because I felt like I was so easily replaced.” Adie said softly.

“You could never be replaced like that with Billie Adrienne. You’re the mother of his children and that really is special.”

“Yeah but I remembered when I discovered that you had a crush on Billie a couple years ago…”

“Shhh!” I cut her off. “I still don’t want him knowing about that.”

_Flash Back_
(Warning Tour)

Adie and I were hanging out one night in the hotel while the guys were doing a show. We were both a little drunk and the topic of our discussion some w switched over to Billie.

“I see the way you look at him. You love him don’t you?” Adie said but she wasn’t accusing me she was just stating something.

“Well yeah I have a small crush on him but come one, at this point, what girl in America doesn’t? My crush on him will pass, and I would never do anything to break you guys apart. You were meant for each other.” I explained drunkenly. Adie nodded understandingly and nothing more about it is said.

_End Of Flashback_

“You still like him?” Adie said surprised.

“Adie I’ve always loved him, but he can do so much better than me. He deserves so much better than me.” I admitted.

“Roni you’re an amazing person. People don’t get much better than you. If anything you deserve better than Billie Joe.” Suddenly Billie walks into the room with Jakob’s toy. Billie stares at me in shock and I looked back in confusion.

“You really love me?” He asks in bewilderment. Adie’s and my eyes go wide.

“Uh…um… I gotta go.” I say and run outside and into my car.

I get to the Coffee Corner to see Katy has opened up for me. So I run upstairs and get washed up before coming back downstairs and inside the Coffee Corner.

“Thanks for opening up for me Katy.” I said.

“No problem.” The phone rings and I answer it.

“Hello?”

“Hey Roni. It’s Danny. Look I’m really sorry about last night. I’m an asshole when I’m drunk and I know that’s no excuse but it’s the truth.” Danny says all in one breath.

“It’s okay Danny. I gotta go though.” I said and hung up. I knew things between me and Danny would never be like they were when we were 18.

Now the only problem left is Billie Joe.