The Emeryville Coffee Shop Owner

Post 11

It had been two days since Billie had found out I loved him and we haven’t spoken or seen each other since. I had also gotten many calls from Danny asking if I could see him one more time before he left town but I always made up some excuse. I didn’t want to be anywhere near him after what happened even though I had told him I forgave him.

“Hey Katy, I’m going to run to the Walgreens at the corner. Do you need anything?” I looked over at Katy who was busy texting Tre.

“I’m good.”

“Okay I’ll be back in a minute.” I went to grab my jacket but I remembered I had left it at Billie’s house in my rush to leave. I left out a small groan in frustration.

“What’s wrong?” Katy questioned.

“I left my jacket at Billie’s house a few days ago.”

“Well go get it. I can close this place for the night by myself because it’s only half an hour till 9 when we close.”

“Thanks Katy.” I grabbed my keys and got in my car to drive to Billie’s.

I rang the doorbell and Billie’s eyes widened in surprise when he saw me at the door. He moved to let me in. Once inside I couldn’t look him in the eye so I looked at my shoes.

“I left my jacket here.” I told him quietly.

“I know. But we need to talk before you leave.”

“I know.” I looked up at his face to see he was staring back at me with his eyes slightly narrowed.

Why is he mad at me?

“Why didn’t you tell me the truth?” His question came out of nowhere.

“What?”

“When I kissed you in the hotel, you looked into my eyes and said you felt nothing.” He clarified.

“You were married then. It wasn’t right for me to feel the way I do.”

“But then after I was divorced I asked you to tell me the truth and you lied to my face!” He was almost yelling.

“What does it matter? You know the truth now!” I shouted back.

“Well you were some one I could’ve seen myself with until you lied to me!” He snarled and I felt my heart shatter. I grabbed my jacket and stormed out, not even trying to hide the tears running down my face.

I got into my car and drove off still crying. I began to have the problem where I couldn’t see because I was crying so hard again and decided to just pull into a side street till I could drive safely.

*Billie Joe’s POV*

After Roni left in tears I felt horrible. I didn’t mean what I said about being with her if she hadn’t lied but I was frustrated that she hadn’t told me before how she felt about me.

I should go and apologize

I got into my car and drove off to Roni’s apartment. I found the door unlocked but no one home so I went to her room and lied down on the bed waiting for her when I began to drift off to sleep.

*Danny’s POV*

I walked into Roni’s unlocked apartment and sat down on her couch. I was drunk and I wanted to put her avoidance of me to an end, and getting pleasure from it in the process. I knew she wasn’t home so in my drunken stupor I decided to wait.

That little bitch will get what she deserves and I’m gonna get the pleasure I deserve. Even if it means using my gun.

*Roni’s POV*

I finally stopped crying and looked at the street sign. I only a few blocks away from my apartment so I quickly sped home. I walked inside my apartment, mentally scolding myself for not locking the door sighed. I looked up and immediately locked eyes with a drunk Danny sitting on my couch.

“Hi Roni, I came to fix your little avoidance of me ever since the night you denied me my pleasure.” He said with a sickening smile playing on his lips.

“Danny can’t we talk about this in the morning? When you’re sober?” I took a step back as Danny stood up and began to walk towards me.

“No I don’t think we can.” He said and I turned around to run out but he grabbed me so I screamed.

“Danny you really don’t want to be doing this.” I begged but he just slapped me across the face.

“Shut up. I’m going to get the pleasure you denied me.” I felt his hand at the waist line of my jeans and screamed once again.

*Billie Joe’s POV*

I awoke to a scream and shot up in Roni’s bed.

Maybe it’s nothing?

I heard arguing and recognized Roni’s voice but couldn’t figure out the male’s voice. I heard Roni say the name Danny and my eyes widened before the man answered and Roni screamed again. I got up and walked towards the bedroom door so I could hear.

“Danny let me go!” I heard Roni’s voice plead.

“Feel that? That is my gun. Try anything and you can kiss life goodbye.” Danny replied causing Roni to whimper.

Gun?

I froze. Ever since I had been mugged I had a huge fear of guns. I wanted to go help Roni, but my fear was holding me back.