The Emeryville Coffee Shop Owner

Post 13

*No One’s POV*

Billie Joe and Mike were sitting in Mike’s backyard, having a beer. Billie looked upset about something and Mike finally asked what was wrong.

“Billie, what’s wrong?”

“It’s Roni’s date, Officer Nelson. Something about him doesn’t sit right with me.” Billie explained.

“Come on Billie. You know there is nothing wrong with Drew. You’re just upset because Roni got over you in less than one day.” Mike reasoned and Billie huffed angrily.

“Seriously Mike, that’s ridiculous. I don’t even like Roni that way.”

“That may be so but you know your ego has just been deflated a little. It doesn’t matter if you liked her that way or not, the fact that she was able to toss you aside like old meat hurt your ego.”

“Fine. Whatever Mike, I got to go.” Billie said and left.

***

*Roni’s POV*

I’ve been going on dates with Drew for three weeks now and we’ve officially decided to be a couple.

This is the happiest I’ve been since Billie kissed me in L.A. What am I doing? Every time I think about great being with Drew is I compare it to some time with Billie. How do I get over him if I can’t stop thinking about him!

“Hey Roni.” Drew walked in to the Coffee Corner and up to the counter before giving me a lingering kiss. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Billie, who was talking to Katy, roll his eyes at Drew and I.

Wait a minute, why did he roll his eyes at us?

“Hold on Drew. Billie can I speak to you for a minute?” I said turning to Billie and Katy. Mike and Tre, who had been sitting in chairs, started smirking, knowing what I was annoyed about.

“Sure Roni.” I pulled Billie into the back room.

“What are you doing?” I demanded.

“What do you mean?”

“Don’t give me that Billie Joe Armstrong! I saw that eye roll when Drew and I kissed.”

“I’m sorry Roni, I’m happy for you, I am. It’s just that I had just gotten used to the fact that you loved me when you started dating Drew. Now, to me, it’s just like I was only good enough for you for a minute and I guess you hurt my ego.”

“You fucking selfish diva! I finally get over you after over ten years after you tell me that you’ll never be with me and the moment I find someone else you start bitching because your ego is bruised! You can’t even be happy for me? I don’t know what I ever saw in you. Get out.” I finished and pointed to the door. Billie looked at me, stunned.

“Roni I’m… I’m sorry.” He tired.

“Billie get out. I’m serious.” I said forcefully. He nodded and walked out with his head hung low. I followed him out to the front room to see Katy staring at me in disbelief and Mike and Tre nodding knowingly.

That’s right; Katy never knew how I felt about Billie… oops

“Wait, where’s Drew?” I asked looking around.

“Oh, he had to get down to the station for something.” Mike explained.

“Okay.”

Wow he sure does have to work a lot…

***

The next day Billie walked into the Coffee Corner as usual.

“Hey Roni.” He greeted. I just handed him his usual coffee.

“Here.” I said and turned to talk to Katy. Billie looked visibly hurt.

“I’m really sorry Roni.” Billie told me.

“I don’t want to discuss it Billie.” I sighed and turned to Katy as Billie walked out.

“So how come you never told me you liked Billie?” She asked me.

“Not now Katy.”

“Fine, I don’t blame you though. He is adorable.” That got me to laugh.

“Okay then Katy, whatever you say.”

***

I’m sick of always comparing Drew to Billie in my mind.

I knocked on Mike’s door.

“Hey Roni, what’s up?” He asked as he answered the door.

“Mike I need one of your helpful talks.”

“Sure come in. So what’s wrong?” Mike asked as I took a seat at his kitchen counter.

“I can’t stop comparing Drew to Billie in my mind! How am I supposed to get over Billie if he is constantly on my mind when I’m with Drew?” I whined.

“Well I know you don’t want to hear this Roni but maybe Drew isn’t going to make you get over Billie if all you do is compare him to Billie. I think you shouldn’t be dating anyone when you’re trying to get over someone. I found that out when Brittany left me.”

“But Mike, Billie and I never even dated, you were married to Brittany. Shouldn’t it be different?” I asked.

“Love is love, simple as that.” Mike told me. “I have to go pick up Estelle from Anna’s house so I can’t help you anymore. This is one of those things you have to fix yourself.” I nodded and got up to leave.

“Thanks Mike. It doesn’t seem like you helped at all but I’m sure that just like usually you actually helped a lot and I just am too dimwitted to notice.” I said and gave Mike a hug. I then quickly left Mike’s house and drove back home.