The Emeryville Coffee Shop Owner

Post 16

Note to readers: I’m thinking about ending the story soon; maybe in two or three more posts because I’m honestly running on empty when it comes to ideas. Which is my only excuse for the lack of updates and I know it’s not a good one.
__________________________________________________

It had been two days since Mike had commented on how much I loved Billie. I was still living at his house but was no longer avoiding him. Joey and Jakob were over but Adie was going to be picking them up soon.

“Hey guys, how about before you go you help me cook you up some lunch?” I suggested and both Joey and Jakob looked up at me grinning. I tend to let them make messes when they help me cook so they were excited.

“Yeah!” Jakob said excitedly.

“What do you want to cook?” I looked at the expectantly.

“How about chicken teriyaki?” Joey asked. Billie, who had been sitting on the couch by the door, grimaced. Being vegetarian himself he didn’t like the idea of chicken being cooked in his kitchen.

“Sure Joey, but only because you guys are leaving today.” Joey, Jakob, and I walked into the kitchen. I pulled out the chicken I had bought while living here and Joey and Jakob ran off to get other ingredients. Billie, hating the site of the dead animal had stayed in the living room. The doorbell rang and I moved to answer it.

“Hey Roni.” Adie was standing there smiling.

“Adie you’re really early. I was about to make chicken teriyaki with the boys for lunch.”

“I’m sorry Roni but I forgot the boys have physicals today so I need to take them now.” I nodded and smiled.

“One moment then. Joey, Jakob, you have to go! We won’t be able to make lunch after all!” I called out and son you could hear the pitter patter of tiny feet before both Joey and Jakob appeared by my side.

“Bye Dad; bye Roni!” Jakob said before both he and Joey followed Adie back to their car.

“Great there goes my lunch plans.” I sigh and walk into the kitchen to put the food away. As I place the chicken on a shelf in the fridge I felt a tap on my shoulder and spun around.

“Can’t you just thrown that out?” Billie asks catching sight of the chicken.

“No, that’s wasteful.” He smirked.

“No one has to know, it can be our little secret.” He tried. I gave him a tiny shove.

“I’m surprised at you Billie.” I joked before my smile dropped at the look on Billie’s face. I knew that look. “No, wait don’t…” Too late, he began to tickle me.

“You pushed me so this is what you get.” I squealed and backed away but he just moved with me, tickling me.

“No… Please… Stop!” I laughed between each word and he ignored me. I backed away more and felt my back bump against the wall. With no where to go I just suffered through Billie’s hands tickling me. Finally his hands stopped and rested on my hips.

“Roni, I’m sorry for what I’m about to do.” He told me.

“What are you…” Billie cut me off by pressing his lips to mine. He pinned me against the wall and his tongue pushed against my teeth, begging for entrance to my mouth. I got over my shock and opened my mouth a little, kissing him back.

I should really push him away. He’ll just end up hurting me again.

I couldn’t bring myself to do it and continued the kiss. Billie’s hands began pushing at the hem of my shirt before they shifted completely to my waist. He lifted me up and I wrapped my legs around his waist. He began making his way upstairs. He carried me into his bedroom and closed the door behind him, not breaking our kiss. He laid me down on the bed and crawled on top of me, pushing my shirt up over my head as I reached for his belt.