The Emeryville Coffee Shop Owner

Post 3

"WAKE UP!" I heard some one shout before feeling something heavy fall on top of me.

"Pain!" I said in surprise and unburied my head from under my covers. I saw Mike standing in the doorway smirking while Tre was sitting on me. Billie sat up in his bed, took one look around and grumbled.

"Just when I thought I might have a normal day, Tre realizes he has a key to my room." He muttered.

"Tre, I can't breathe. Get off!" I said in a gasp and he looked down at me to see he was seated on my stomach.

"Oh." He said and got up.

"Thanks." I said while taking a big breath of air.

"You need mouth to mouth?" He asked, wiggling his eyebrows. I let out a laugh but shook my head.

"I'm good." I said and he put on a face of fake disappointment.

"Damn. Maybe I should sit on you again." He said and I chuckled.

"No way!" I said. "I need caffeine!" I suddenly realized I hadn't had my coffee yet. Mike handed me a Starbucks cup.

"Here." He said and I greedily took a big gulp.

"Thanks." I replied as I finished the cup.

"We have three hours before we should start getting dressed for the Grammy's. What are we going to do in the meantime?" Tre whined and I giggled.

We spent the day walking around and going into random stores and goofing off. We were on our way back to the hotel when Tre and I started up a game of Dare or Dare (truth is boring).

"I dare you to go into the next store that sells pregnancy test and buy one. Then start ranting to the cashier about how scared you are that you might be pregnant because it will ruin your life." I said. Billie and Mike, who were just ahead of us, let out a laugh but Tre shrugged. We followed him into the next 7-11 where he grabbed a pregnancy test and walked up to the cashier.

"Buying this for your wife?" The cashier said, without looking up. They didn't recognize Tre with his baseball hat and sunglasses on.

"Wife? That's for me. Do you know what it would do to my life if I were pregnant? My entire career would be ruined!" He said in a worried voice. The cashier glanced up at him with a confused look on his face.

"Sir, are you feeling alright?" He asked Tre.

"No, I have been having morning sickness for a week now and I can't remember the last time I got my period! That's why I'm buying the test!" Tre exclaimed and I burst out laughing. The cashier finally just shrugged and handed Tre his purchase. We walked out of there laughing and Mike turned to face me.

"That was such a great dare!" He exclaimed and I smiled.

"My sister made my cousin do it once, so she made it up not me." I said and they nodded.

"Crap! We have an hour before we have to leave for the Grammy's." Mike said and we hurried back to the hotel.

***

Back in our room Billie and I were scrambling to get ready.

"You take a shower first." I told him and he nodded before going into the bathroom. About 20 minutes later Billie emerged from the bathroom, soaking wet, covered in only a towel. I felt my heart flip but I ignored it as I took my stuff and went into the bathroom.

I took a super fast shower, got out and quickly dried off. I did my hair in soft waves and skillfully applied my eyeliner before slipping into my dress. My dress was a black floor length tube top that hugged my every curve. It also had a dark blue bowtie for a belt. Finally I pulled on my shoes and stepped out of the bathroom. Billie wasn't in the room, he was probably with Tre and Mike so that I could get dressed alone, and the clock showed me that I had ten minutes before the guys would come to get me.

I made sure I looked Grammy acceptable and before I knew it there was a knock on my door. I opened it and there was Mike by himself. He quickly looked me over then smiled.

"You look awesome." He complimented and I blushed.

"Thanks." I said and followed him to the elevator. "Where are Billie and Tre?" I asked him as we waited for the elevator to come.

"Already in the lobby, they went ahead to wait for the limo." He explained ad I nodded. The elevator opened and we walked into the lobby, only to be immediately confronted by Tre and Billie. They looked me over just as Mike had. Tre smiled at me but Billie looked a little stunned. We walked to where the limo was waiting for us. Billie moved a little closer to me.

"You look amazing." He said and I blushed again.

"Thanks, you don't look so bad yourself." I replied as we slid into the limo. I was nervous throughout the entire drive. I kept imagining me walking down the red carpet, tripping and falling on my face.

We pulled up and the door opened. Tre and Mike got out first and I gulped as Mike stuck his hand back in the limo to help me out.

"You'll be fine. Just relax." Billie told me as I shot him a panicked glance. I nodded, took a deep breath, and grabbed Mike's hand. I surprisingly stepped out very gracefully.

Before I could even look around reporters were everywhere, trying to get a picture of me with the guys. A reporter shoved a microphone in Mike and my face.

"Mike, who is this lady?" They asked. I felt nervous but Mike looked completely at ease.

"This is Roni. She's been our friend since before the Dookie album came out. She has never failed to serve us the best coffee so we brought her along as a thank you." Mike replied and the reporter started asking him question about the band so I wandered over to Tre. Before I could reach him a reporter shoved another mic in front of me.

"Miss, who are you and what is your relation with the Green Day trio?" They asked.

"My name is Roni and I own the coffee shop Green Day goes to almost every morning. We've been friends for a long time and none of them had dates tonight because their wives and girlfriends were all busy so they called me up. I am sort of a date from all of them." I replied with a smile. The reporter nodded and walked away to meet up with Jessica Simpson, who just arrived.

After being stopped by more reporters I finally reached Tre and Billie. They were talking to yet another reporter. I stood in between the guys and the reporter glanced at me.

"And who is this?" They asked.

"Well, this is Roni. She is all of our dates tonight seeing as none of us had one. We kind of have that Smurf gang bang thing going on. You know, where there is one girl and multiple guys." Tre told the reporter cheekily. I playfully slapped his arm and faced the reporter.

"He wishes." I told them with a smile, earning a chuckle from Billie. The reporter smiled and said a polite thank you before rushing off to question Brad Pitt.

We continued to walk down the red carpet, only to be stopped by many more reporters.