The Emeryville Coffee Shop Owner

Post 5

The day after I got back from the Grammy's I was opening up Coffee Corner.

"Back to the everyday." I said to myself as I unlocked the door. I walked in and turned everything on. Katy burst through the door.

"I saw you on TV at the Grammy's!! I am very jealous! Next time you go anywhere I am coming along in your suitcase." She decided and I laughed.

"It was the guys thank you present to me." I told her.

"See I thought they were Green Day but I was afraid to ask because if they said they weren't Green Day I would feel like such an idiot." Katy complained and I laughed.

"You are an idiot but that's okay." I said. "I got this for you." I handed her something in and envelope. She tore it open and let out a small gasp.

"NO WAY!! You got me and autographed picture of Blink 182!" She said happily and slipped the photo back in the envelope.

"Be careful with that! I told them you were in a car crash and you've always wanted an autograph from them. They wouldn't give it to me otherwise because it's rude to ask for an autograph from someone inside the Grammy's." I told her and she laughed.

"You told them I was in a car crash?' She asked, not believing.

"Well you were! I just left out that it happened when you were ten years old!" I justified and she laughed. The bell above the door rang and in walked Mike, Tre and Billie.

"Hey guys! You want the usual?" I asked and they nodded. "Okay. Katy, start Tre's Orange Mocha Frappacino." I said while I started Mike and Billie's drinks.

"Okay." She said and Tre walked over to her.

"So, what's new?" I asked them.

"Well, we're leaving right after this for an event in L.A. and will get back tomorrow night." Billie said and Mike nodded. Tre happily walked back over with his drink in his hand.

"Well, have fun." I said.

"Come on Tre. We have to pick up Estelle and Frankito from the day care." Mike said and pulled Tre out the door. Billie didn't move.

"You're gonna miss your ride." I pointed out, arching an eyebrow. He shook his head.

"Nah, I drove myself here. I need more advice." He replied with a slight frown.

"Okay, I'm will go into 'Shrink' mode. Now, tell the doctor what is wrong." I said and he smiled lightly.

"Some thing is wrong with Adie. When I got home she was very distant from me and wouldn't give me a kiss or anything. I don't know what's wrong and its worrying me." He told me, and this time I frowned.

"Well, I'm sure its no big deal. Maybe she feels a little sick and just needs some space. What you and Adie have is what I look for in relationships. It's what Mike, Tre, and I all wish we had. Mike might have found it with his current girlfriend, Sarah, but he's not sure. You guys will work it out because you are the perfect couple and don't let anyone or anything tell you otherwise." I said.

"That's okay advice but can't you give me anything more detailed on what to do?" He asked me and I shook my head.

"Not this time Billie. You're not the one with the problem this time around, it's Adie, you just need to be loving but not overbearing and everything will be alright." I told him and he smiled at me.

"Thanks, if you weren't here to give me advice I'd be divorced already." He said with a sigh but I shook me head.

"No, I don't think so. You know what to do when you get marriage problems; you just need a little push to get the solution sometimes. You would be just fine without me." I told him but he shook his head.

"I don't think so but I have to pack for the L.A. trip." He said and walked out. As soon as he was gone Katy walked over to me.

"I still think you and him would be a great couple." She told me.

You and me both.

"Yeah whatever." I said with a forced laugh.

"Well, Tre asked me out and I said yes." She said and I coughed.

"Really?" I asked and she nodded. "Good for you! You leave early and get ready for the lunch date." I told her and she looked at me.

"How did you know it was a lunch date?" She asked and I smiled.

"Some things are better left unknown." I said and shooed her out the door.
***

I closed up at 6 p.m. and walked up the stairs to my apartment. After a small meal and TV for 3 hours there was a knock on my door. I was in my pajamas, which consisted of PJ pants from Target and a cami but I opened the door anyway.

"Billie?" I asked, disbelieving as I looked at the disheveled figure in front of me. His eyes were red from crying and he was still sobbing a little.

"You were wrong. You've never been wrong before." He muttered. It took me a second to put two and two together but I realized her had to be talking about Adie. I stood aside and let him in. He sat down on the couch and I turned off the TV.

"Now, what happened between you and Adie?" I asked and he sobbed again at the mention of her name. I wrapped him in a hug as he cried into my shoulder.

"The plane to L.A. was canceled because of bad weather so I figured I'd drive home and surprise Adie with the fact that I didn't have to leave because Joey and Jakob were visiting their grandparents so it would be just the two of us. But, when I got there... " He trailed off with a sob and continued to cry into my shoulder. He tightened the hug he had wrapped me in.

"Come on Billie tell me what happened so I can help you." I whispered to him softly and he nodded.

"I walked into our room and she was in our bed with another guy. She told him," He left out a big sob and I thought I knew what was coming. "She told him she loved him." He cried out. "I'm her husband! I'm supposed to be the one she loves!" He said angrily before breaking down in sobs again. I didn't know what to say. I was completely caught off guard when he said that.

"Oh Billie... " I said, not knowing what advice I could possibly give him now. He just continued to cry into my shoulder.

Two hours later Billie had cried himself to sleep in my arms. I carefully untangled myself from the hug he had me in and got off the couch. I gently moved Billie and placed a pillow under his head and then I got a blanket to cover him with. I made my way into my own room and flopped down on my bed. I pulled the covers up to my chin and thought about Billie.

I'm really worried about him. He looked so sad but I'm afraid he might do something drastic.

I felt the bed sink a little and I realized Billie must've gotten into my bed with me.

"Billie?" I asked and he knew what I meant.

"I just don't want to be alone." He says sadly. I nod to myself and don't argue. The last thing I felt before I fell asleep was Billie's arm snaking around my waist.