The Emeryville Coffee Shop Owner

Post 7

I took a deep breath and sighed. I knew what I was going to tell him.

"I really felt nothing," I told him and he smiled at me.

I'm not good enough for him. He needs some one better than me.

"Thanks then, for clearing that up. I'll see you tomorrow." He got up and began to leave.

"Yeah, see ya," I replied and he turned around.

"Oh, will you have dinner with Mike, Tre, and I tomorrow night? I think your friend Katy is coming and there is some one I want you to meet." He looked at me for answer.

"Yeah sure. I'll be there," I replied and he walked out.

I should have just told him the truth.

***

The next morning the guys walked in for their usual coffee and instead of saying hi to me Tre went straight to Katy and they began to talk. Mike and Billie walked over to me and I smiled.

"Tre sure has been acting happier since he started dating Katy," Mike pointed out and I nodded.

"Yeah, I didn't even get the usual hyper hello before he went to talk to her," I stated. Billie chuckled a little.

"Well I hope neither one of them ends up hurt because this is good for both of them it seems," Billie mentioned and I nodded.

"You guys want the usual?" I asked, gesturing to the coffee machine. The both nodded so I started whipping up their drinks.

"So Billie, who is this mystery person you want us to meet?" Mike asked.

"I think you'll like her," Billie replied. I smiled and playfully poked Billie in the shoulder.

"Her? Billie's got a girlfriend. Billie's got a girlfriend." I started singing like a little kid. Mike chuckled but Billie just grumbled.

"Can't I know a girl and have her be just a friend?" He grumbled and I laughed.

"Sure you can, but you already have three, Katy and I and also Mike's girlfriend Sarah. I don't think you could keep it in your pants for any more girls who are just friends." I told him and he playfully pushed me while Mike laughed.

"Yeah, yeah. Yuck it up," he mumbled and took a long sip of his drink.

"So, what's your girlfriends name?" Mike asked Billie.

"Her name is Amy," he answered.

I can't believe he already got himself a new girlfriend I should have just told him the truth about that kiss when I had the chance.

"I got to go guys, see ya later," Billie said and walked out. As soon as the door closed Mike turned to face me.

"Why don't you tell him?" he asked me. My breath caught in my throat.

"Tell him what?" I managed to croak out.

"How you feel about him," Mike said and I tried to contain my surprise.

"Yeah, whatever Mike. Like I have feelings for Billie," I said sarcastically and Mike sighed.

"Whatever Roni," Mike said. He then motioned to Tre and they walked out.

***

Katy and I arrived at the restaurant we were supposed to meet the guys at and immediately Mike, Tre, Billie, Sarah, and one mystery girl, who we assumed to be Amy, sitting at a table. Amy had shoulder length blonde hair and hazel eyes. She was really skinny and I could tell that she was probably very girly from the short skirt and pink top she was wearing. Not Billie's usual type.

What does Billie see in her?

"Hey guys," I said before Katy and I sat down at the table. I turned to Amy. "Hey I'm Roni and this is Katy. You must be Amy," I smiled and shook her hand. She looked me over for a moment and then slightly grimaced, but tried not to let anyone see.

"Hey Roni," Mike greeted and before looking pointedly towards Billie but I just rolled my eyes. The waiter came over and began taking our orders.

"We'll both have the salmon," Amy ordered for both her and Billie Joe. Billie grimaced, obviously not pleased with her selection.

"Amy, I don't mean to be rude but Billie hates fish." She shot me a glare as I finished speaking.

"That's ridiculous. If Billie didn't like fish he would have told me already." Mike, Tre, and I all looked at Billie, waiting for him to speak up but he didn't say anything.

Come on Billie, have some backbone! You've never liked fish so tell her that.

After a few seconds of silence Amy declared she had to go to the bathroom and walked away.

"So, you don't like Amy," Billie finally spoke up. It wasn't a question it was a statement.

"Well... " I stated but was cut off.

"That's okay. Tre and I hate her as well," Mike reassured me. I looked at him before turning back to Billie.

"In that case, what compelled you to date such an overbearing bitch?" Billie looked at his hands, sighed then looked up and shot me an angry.

"I was hoping for you approval," he grumbled. I sighed, knowing I had been too rude.

"Did you think I would give it to you when you are dating some one completely wrong for you?" I asked a little nicer.

"Well Adrienne was obviously wrong for me so I tried some one completely opposite for her!" Billie defended himself.

"Billie, just because one person was wrong for you doesn't mean you try something completely different. You should know your type by now so don't try to change it," Katy reasoned and Billie calmed down. Minutes later Amy came back and sat down.

"Hope I didn't miss anything exciting," she said airily and I sighed.

I need to get out of here, if only for a minute.

"Hey, I'll be back in a minute. I just need some fresh air," I got up and quickly made my way out of the restaurant. I found I small bus stop bench on the street and sat down. Seconds later I jumped in surprise when Tre spoke, not realizing he had sat down next to me.

"Why so glum, chum?" He asked and I let out a small laugh at his childish rhyme.

"I'm not sad I just needed a break." Tre nodded.

"From who, Amy or the airhead dating her?" he asked jokingly and I playfully gave his arm a light slap.

"I'm ready to go back inside. I just needed to clear my head before I said some nasty stuff to that bitch," I said and he nodded.

"Then lets go." We walked back into the restaurant and sat back down at the table. Katy shot me an 'Are you okay?' look and I nodded my head. Amy immediately began talking about some new chick flick she had been dying to see and I new that this night would seem to drag on forever.