Status: Not complete

Searching for Forever

Chapter Two

My cubicle is small, connected to rows of other cubicles the same size as mine. The two desks on either side of me are vacant, and voices are low through out the room. I write dates in to a paper calendar on my desk, and then type it into the digital calendar on my mac screen. Eric Townsend occupies a glas office only mere inches from my frow of cubicles. A loud bizz echos through the intercom on my desk and I jump.

"Penelope, we're going to a busines meeting, and a my assistant, you're required to be there." Eric says, watching me through the glass window. Nerves pick up pace in my stomach.

"Sure. I'm coming." I push myself to a stand and grb my things, moving to Erics office on my nude heels.

"You ready?" Eric asks, opening the door. I nod, folowing him down the hall. "You don't have to say anything, just sit there. This is your first meeting so you aren't expected to know everything right away." Eric pushes open a wooden door with a rectangular glas cut out. The room is large, a big oval table taking up the space. A large window holds up the back wall, looking out on Manhattan. There are men mingling around, sipping coffee with tailored suits. Eric sits down, pulling oit a chair for me.

"Wow." I whisper, a smile gracing my lips. The men move to their respective seats. I try not to stare.

"So, Mr. Townsend, what do you have for me today." A voice so beautifully raw and smooth take my focus. I look up from my laptop, eyes connecting with a perfectly sculpted fce, a structured jaw allwoing dimples to pierce his cheeks. His skin is elegantly tan with brown curls reaching his shoulders.

"Which will allow the business to flurish with hot, fresh new ideas." Eric says, clearly finishing his prepared speech. The man nods then looks at me. His eyes are emerald green. I swallow hard and regain my well sought after composure.

"You, Miss…" It takes me a second befor I realize hes talking to me.

"Grea." I say surprised my voice remained even.

"Miss Grea, how do you think building a new hotel will be good for business?" I nod, keeping the flush in my body down. I gance at the notes on my computer before answering.

"Well, like what Eric said, it'll bring big buyers and celebrities with fresh new looks. It will allow a new name for Styles Industries, detaching its brand from clubs and gyms. I also believe that it might bring new business to Manhattan an maybe even across the board, depending on if if does well it can be built everywhere. More business, more money." I lick my lips and smiles.

"Mr. Styles, I think that sums it up." Eric says. Oh. So this man is Harry Styles. His gaze is dark on mine, staring at me with predorous glare. He nods.

"Yes, for sure."

-

"That was great Penelope. I hope you enjoyed it because that is what this job consists of." I laughed and nodded as Eric stood next to me in the elevator.

"Yeah, there was like an aura of adrenaline in the room, too." I say. Eric smiles.

"All right, well I'll see you tomorrow. Lunch at noon? You pick the place." The elevator doors dinged open.

"Ok cool. Bye." I gave a smll wave in Erics direction as he turned to leave. I turned my body slightly as I dug for my gym membership out of my bag. I had left gym clothes in a locker, because I didnt have a car. I step forward, bumping into a hard body, hands sliding to steady me from the waist.

I look up.

"Oh, sorry. I'm sorry." I stutter, recognizing the sculptured face looking down at me. Emotion didnt flutter his expresion.

"Watch your step, Miss Grea." Mr. Styles steps awy from me. I watch him move into the elevator, my face twisted into a dumbfounded look.

He was too beautiful for my own good.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey sorry I havent published in awhile.
Please enjoy. Chapter three will be up soon