Gods and Monsters

Prologue

Dean slammed the door of his precious '97 Chevy Impala and leaned against a rusted old payphone, waiting for Castiel to show up. Within seconds he felt breath on the back of his neck and he jumped.

"Hello, Dean."

"Dammit, Cas!" He swore. If he didn't know any better he would've sworn he saw the angel's lips twist up very slightly. "What's so damn important you had me come all the way to New York City? I hate New York."

"I need your help with a case. I was following the trail of a demon and it led me to a whole nightclub full of them, but that's not the most interesting part. There seem to be a group of Hunters patrolling the area."

"Well why did we have to come here then, can't they take care of it?"

"They're...not normal Hunters, Dean. They have some sort of supernatural powers, weapons." Dean took a moment to process what Cas had just said, wondering why this was so important when they themselves had supernatural powers and weaponry. "The owner of the club is a man named Magnus Bane, they call him the High Warlock of Brooklyn. I think we should talk to him."

"Man, I am not looking forward to this." Dean swung open the passenger-side door and motioned for Cas to get in. "I hope you know where we're going."