Status: "Family isnt just blood, it's about who helped raise you and made you the person you are today..."

Darkened Hearts

Prologue

Happy Lowman, the 'Tacoma Killer', as he was known by the clubs, threw back shot after shot of Patron trying to dull his pain. His brothers looking at him in worry, but knew not to approach him in fear of retaliation. It had been three days, three days and he was barely coping. Gemma had been his shoulder to cry on, yes the big, bad killer cried as his Presidents old lady and mother comforted him, both with tears in their eyes as well. Jax and Opie went outside for a smoke when a woman in a green sedan pulled up. They recognized her instantly as Ms. Zandina, one of Charming High School's English teachers.

She approached them with a sad smile. "How is he?"

Jax and Ope both shook their heads. "He's seen better days."

"I wanted to give him this." She handed the VP what looked to be a school project: a small book and a poster board that was folded to keep the inside from getting ruined. "She got the highest grade and she would have wanted me to give it to him."

Jax nodded his thanks and the older woman left. He and Opie looked at it before glancing at each other. When they came back in he was smoking and staring off into space.

"Hey, brother, this just came in for you."

Hap waved him off.

"It was Adies'."

The killer turned in his seat to look at the items in the VP's hands. He took the poster board first and opened it, a small smile grazing his features. The rest of the crew glanced over his shoulders, smiles spreading.

'My Happy Family'

It was drawn on the very top surrounded by pictures she had taken over the years. The one in the center taken only a few months prior at her 17th birthday. Everyone surrounded her, her long dark hair up in a messy bun with a huge smile on her face. She was wearing a dark blue summer dress and Happy's leather jacket she had taken from him a while back, with a pair of wedge flip flops. On her right was Happy, his arm around her shoulder sporting a similar smile. On her left was her grandma, Mrs. Lowman, who pressed a kiss to the side of her head. The boys surrounded her with goofy smiles and Tigs having Kozik in a headlock. Around the main picture was smaller pictures of her growing up with the club. One of her and Tigs getting ready to pull a prank on one of the prospects when she was 10. Her sitting on the back of Piney's bike with Opie and him on the side when she was 6. Jax, Tara, and baby Abel on his first birthday when she was 14. Every memory sketched in each members brains forever.

Hap hung it up beside the chapel doors, for all to see. He grabbed a beer and his pack of cigarettes before heading to the roof, a quiet place people went to get away. He opened the first page and wanted to start crying all over again.

'Dedicated to those who helped raise me.'

Happy wiped the stubborn tears before he began to read. Starting from chapter one.
♠ ♠ ♠
It will start out slow, and I apologize, but bear with me! I hope you get where with story is going to end up like?