Status: "Family isnt just blood, it's about who helped raise you and made you the person you are today..."

Darkened Hearts

CH. 3

Her first birthday came by fast. Happy wasn’t prepared, but Gemma had a whole party set up at her house for the baby. He was bathing her in the sink, holding the phone to his ear with his shoulder as he held her with one hand and rinsed her hair off with the other. She was giggling and splashing, causing his white shirt to become soaked.

"It sounds like you're having a blast." Jax teased from the other side of the phone.

"I'm trying to was her, but answering the phone made that a little difficult at the moment." He grunted when the water hit his face.

"Want me to send my mother?"

"I don’t need help. 'Sides, queen bee is busy with party planning. Why'd you call anyways?"

"Gemma told me to make sure you weren't late-" he was cut off by a female voice, Hap assumed was Gemma by the way she was yelling. "And to put her in that black tutu and 'Daddies Girl' onsie with her little ballerina shoes and tights." Once again he was interrupted, he sighed. "And the red rose headband that Gemma made her..."

Hap chuckled and hung up his phone before getting Adelita out of the sink and into her turtle towel to dry her off. He was worried about her development still, because she hadn't had her first steps or started talking yet, but the doctors said some babies progress slower than others. Quickly he put her in a diaper and her outfit that Gemma had picked out a few days prior, then dried her hair and put the little flower headband on. Adelita looked at him with her big brown doe eyes and started babbling. Hap smiled and gave her a pacifier before leaving her in her carseat so he could gather the things he needed in her diaper bag. He hated taking the car, but a baby wasn’t really safe on his bike. Once he made it to Gemma's the party actually started. The Queen taking the baby out of her carseat on kissing her cheek before taking off with her leaving Happy with the bag and car seat. Jax chuckled and patted him on his shoulder.

"You can put that shit in the back room."

'My first birthday was huge! Looking at the pictures Grandma Gemma went all out. Everyone was there. She use to tell me everyone wanted to hold me, but my daddy wouldn’t let me go, once she gave me back anyways.' -Adelita R. Lowman

Adelita looked around the room at all the adults cooing at her. These are the people that had been around her for the past year. She liked the man with the big beard who would sing to her. The blonde and the guy in the beanie would play airplane with her. The guy with the curly black hair was weird, but he made her laugh. Then the guy with the funny accent would tell her stories with funny voices.

There was also the guy with the funny head pictures. There were one person she wanted and that was her daddy, but she didn’t see him. Her eyes started to water and an old guy with things coming out of his nose tried to pick her up, but she threw her pacifier at him and started wailing, causing the woman who was holding her to turn her around and try to calm her down.

"Shh... Sweetie, it's okay..." She cried harder, trying to get away to find her daddy.

"Is she hungry?" Clay asked.

"What about a diaper change?" Asked Jax.

"Is she still teething?" Tig asked from the other side of the room.

Gemma checked her diaper, it was empty. Then she tried giving her a bottle and Adelita just wacked at it until it fell out of her hand and cried harder and harder with each passing second.

"What the hell did you do to my kid?" Happy asked once he finally entered the living room.

At the sound of his voice, Adelita almost jumped out of Gemma's arms. Her little arms reached for Happy and started crying again when she couldn’t reach him.

"Dadda!" She cried causing everyone to look at her.

Hap felt his heart swell when she said her first word and grabbed her from Gemma. He held her to his chest as she finally calmed down, gripping onto his shirt like he was going to disapear at any second.

"Was that her first word?"

Hap nodded at Juice's question, a small smile appearing on his lips. He grabbed another pacifier from the diaper bag when she began to chew on her fingers again, then cleaned her face off with a baby wipe.

"Such a daddies girl." Gemma laughed. "I told you that onsie was perfect."

"Imagine when she's older and has a boyfriend." Joked Tigs.

Happy stilled for a moment, letting those words sink in. "She aint dating anyone until she's 40, 39 if she's lucky."

"She's got you wrapped around her little finger, brother." Opie laughed and smacked his shoulder. "Come on, let's get this party started!"

It went like any other party, except she was the only baby there. There were a lot of croweaters that coed over Adelita, and then wanted to push up against Happy because 'being a daddy was so manly'. They didn’t get far because Adelita threw anything she had in her hand at them and gave them a glare the boys only saw Happy use. Then the boys proceeded to joke about how she was so much like him. Hap didn’t care, he was proud to know she was a carbon copy of him. He also enjoyed the enraged look on the sweetbutts faces when they got applesauce or juice in their hair.

Adelita played with a toy Harley Piney had given her and she sat on her daddies lap, grinning at everyone but the ladies who tried to get her daddy away form her.

'I, appearently from all the video footage that I've seen, didn’t take to kindly to other woman going up to dad. I threw everything at them and glared at them. Looking back at that glare, my Uncles were right, I did look like my dad. I acted like him too when I got mad, minus the fact I threw things when I was a baby. Dad got a kick out of it, you can tell by the smirk he did when the women walked away with food in their hair.' -Adelita R. Lowman

Finally the party came to an end when Adelita began to fall asleep. She was tired from the days events; throwing things at women, glaring at women, pulling on Opie's and Bobby's hair when they picked her up, getting cake on everything and everyone. Once Hap got her cleaned up he put her in a pair of footie pajamas and placed her in her crib, placing a stuffed turtle under her arm for her to cuddle up to. He took a shower himself, having smelt like cake, applesauce, BBQ sauce, and baby vomit. Once his head hit the pillow he was out like a light, being more worn out than he thought was possible.