Status: Rating for language and mature content

The Elite

Breakfast

My alarm clock woke me at 6 as it did every day. I stretched luxuriously in my large bed and grinned up at the ceiling. I couldn’t wait to start the day. First was breakfast with Jericka, then lunch with Brittney, and dinner with Faith.

My phone alerted me of a text and I picked it up.

“Well, what a shame,” I said emotionlessly. “Jericka has realized I’ve been cheating.”

“You’re horrible,” my sister snapped, coming in with a box. “This came in the mail for you.”

I stretched again and sat up with a fake pout. “She broke up with me, Polly.”

“As she should have,” she said, rolling her eyes. “Get dressed. We have to go to breakfast with Mom and Dad today.”

“Ugh,” I groaned.

I dressed in a pair of nice black jeans, a white t-shirt, and a black suit coat. After putting on my shoes and running a comb through my black hair, I opened the box, whistling. It didn’t say who it was from but that wasn’t odd for me. Fan mail and all that, I thought with a grin.

My grin faded, though, when I saw what was inside.

“What the fuck? Polly!” I shouted.

I stormed down the stairs with the box in my hands. Polly was standing at my dining room table with an innocent smile on her face.

“Take it back,” I snapped, pushing it at her.

“Too late,” she said happily. “It’s already been arranged.”

“You’re a bitch,” I said. “I’m bringing Tiffany!”

“Not anymore,” she said with narrowed eyes. “Now you’re taking Willow.”

I threw the box on the table. “She’s made it pretty obvious she doesn’t want to come,” I spat, pointing at it.

Inside was a vibrator with a note saying, Go fuck yourself.

“Which is why we’re having breakfast with her,” she said, throwing my keys at me.

“You said we were eating with Mom and Dad!” I yelled, following her.

“Just get in the car and drive to Marilla’s,” she snapped.

“You’re not my mother, Polly! I’m not taking Willow to the dinner!”

Polly didn’t answer. She got in the Mercedes, straightening her dress as she did so. I clenched my jaw and slammed the car door as hard as I could. She didn’t even flinch and I peeled out of the garage. I didn’t even bother with the speed limit. The sooner I got this damn breakfast over the sooner I could start looking forward to my other dates.

I parked outside of the restaurant and glared at it.

“I hate this place,” I grumbled.

“Get your ass out of the car and in the restaurant,” Polly said and got out.

I glared at her more but she had gotten used to my glares by now. When we got in, Polly took her sunglasses off and looked around. Finally, she saw the vixen at a table by the window. She hurried over and kissed her cheeks. I strolled over with the best look of disgust I could give. Willow just stared back at me deadpanned.

“Did you like my gift?” she asked smoothly.

“Just as long as you used it first,” I said and she scoffed.

“Like I would waste something like that on you,” she retorted, opening her menu. “I let my little sister use it.”

“You’re disgusting,” I snarled.

“There’s the pot calling the kettle black,” she said calmly. “Let’s see, I think I’ll have some pancakes this morning.”

“Gave up on your diet?”

“Shut up,” Polly snapped. “Look, Willow, Nathan needs someone… credible at this party.”

“Credible?” I repeated and laughed. “You want me to have someone credible and you pick Willow Turner!?”

Willow narrowed her green eyes at me. “And what is that supposed to me, Banker?”

“Only that everyone knows what you do with your free time,” I hissed.

“At least I don’t go around playing other men,” she said. “How many girls have you got this time?”

“Enough to have a six s-”

“Enough,” Polly said firmly. “Both of you. This is benefiting you both.”

“How?” we demanded in unison and glared at each other.

“Nathan, you have to clean up your image and Willow has a clean record. Willow, you are in need of convincing your father that you’re not a lesbian.”

I burst into laughter, bending over the table. Willow glared at me, gripping her menu tightly.

“He thinks you’re a lesbian!?”

“Please, just announce it to the whole world,” she snarled.

Polly shook her head. “It’s one dinner, you two.”

“A dinner that every client will be at,” I pointed out.

“And about every news station,” Willow said.

“They’ll go insane!”

“It’s going to happen,” Polly said, taking a sip of her coffee. “Willow, we’ve already invited your father so you have to go regardless.”

Willow groaned. “Why!? I can easily find a man much better than Banker.”

“Then why haven’t you?” I snapped. “Perhaps you truly are a lesbian. I know a few girls who would be interested.”

“Of course I’m not a lesbian,” she said. “Forgive me for not fucking everything that moves.”

Polly shook her head and passed Willow another invitation as our food arrived. She was about to toss it over her shoulder but Polly stopped her.

“I’ll pay you,” Polly said and Willow arched a brow.

“Oh yeah?” she asked.

“Whoa, whoa, whoa!” I yelled and people stared. I lowered my voice and glared at Polly. “I’m not some whore you can sell.”

“You are now,” Polly said. “Eat your eggs before they get cold.”

“You’re not my mother,” I snarled.

“Yet you do as she says anyway,” Willow said snidely.

“Shut up, Willow,” Polly said and I smirked.

“It would seem she intimidates you, too,” I taunted and Willow rolled her eyes.

“Oh please. I’m hungry and she’s paying for my breakfast.” She turned to Polly. “How much are you willing to pay me?”

Polly sighed. “Three grand,” she answered and I slammed my fork down.

“I’m worth more than that!”

“No, actually, you’re not,” Willow scoffed, “but I accept.”

I gawked at her. “You’re accepting only $3,000?”

“Yep,” she said simply.

The two women finished their meal in silence. Polly was smirking in satisfaction while Willow ate with a conflicted look on her face.

“Just one dinner?” I demanded.

“Just one,” Polly confirmed.

I put my fork down and stood up.

“Fine,” I snapped at them both. I glared at Willow. “I’ll pick you up tomorrow night at 6.” I leaned on the table and she arched a brow at me. “You better dress nice and be on your best behavior.”

“Don’t tempt me,” she snarled.

I looked at Polly and reluctantly kissed her on the cheek.

“Have a good day, ladies,” I said through clenched teeth and stormed out.