Make Me Strong

Chapter One

Making a quick dash from his front door to the bus stop, Jensen used his binder as an umbrella, hoping to keep off as much of the rain as possible. He wasn't having much luck, but for the time being, it worked.

A few moments after arriving, Jensen heard footsteps coming from the opposite side of the road, seeing a kid about his age coming his way.
Lucky bastard, Jensen thought, watching him with envy as the kid comfortably stood beneath an actual umbrella.

"Hi, I'm Misha. Misha Collins. My family and I just moved here," he said, offering a hand. Adjusting his makeshift protection from the rain, Jensen shook the kid's hand.

"Jensen Ackles. I live a bit up that way," he replied, pointing back towards his home. "Welcome to the neighborhood."

Smiling wide, the Misha boy pulled his bag around to his front, unzipping the larger pocket and pulling out a second umbrella.

He then offered it to Jensen, who looked between it and the blue eyes of this kid who he didn't know from Adam. "I always carry two, just in case," he said, smile not wavering. Finally taking it, Jensen popped it open, grateful.

"Thanks," he said, just barely over the pattering sound of rain. Misha nodded in response, and as they waited for the bus, they stood in silence, nothing but the rain to fill it.

Little did either boy know, that was the beginning of a very powerful friendship.

And the start of even stronger feelings for one of them.

Seven Years Later


Through the cheers of the parents, guardians, teachers, and other school staff, the graduating seniors tossed up their caps and cheered with them.

Jensen ran to Misha, grabbing him by the waist, and picked him up, excited that this part of his life was over. He couldn't wait to start the next part.

"Can you freaking believe it?!" Jensen said excitedly, patting Misha a bit hard on the back. "We've finally graduated!" he went on, his smile never faltering as he and Misha stood still as the rest of their class walked off the makeshift stage.

"It's definitely been one hell of a ride," Misha said, grasping his best friends shoulder and smiling back at him. "I never thought we'd get this far," he said, his blue eyes faltering.

"Hey, hey. No crying on me, man. This is a happy day and there's no room for tears," Jensen said, grabbing Misha's outstretched arm. Misha let out a small laugh, which caused Jensen to smile a softer smile. "That's my guy."

Finally able to walk off the stage, the two young men walked over to their respective parents, hugging them before hugging the parents of the other boy. They received a congrats from both sides, and soon started off towards the school to change into normal clothes.

Time Elapse

Jensen currently sat on one of the two benches in the locker room, his elbows resting on his knees as he looked around one last time. "God, so many memories in this place," he said, barely over a whisper. "I never thought it would be this weird to be leaving."

"All the pranks we pulled on Coach Foster," Misha said, closing his gym locker one last time, a sad smile on his face.

"All the fire drills we faked just to get out of class long enough to grab a smoke," Jensen added, laughing to himself. The boys met each other's gaze, remembering everything that took place within the four walls and on the school's grounds.

After a few moments of remembrance, Jensen stood up and the two friends walked out, slowly making their way to the front parking lot. Absent-mindedly, Misha ran his hands along the lockers, recalling the few times he was shoved into one. He'd never forget when Jensen came to his rescue the last time it happened, getting suspended for a week afterwards.

He then glanced at Jensen, who was deep in his own thoughts. The boy who was kind enough to take him under his wing and keep him alive. If it hadn't been for Jensen, Misha would have been gone before now. Jensen had always been a steady presence since that first time they met at the bus stop.

Jensen was the reason he became stronger. As a person, as a friend. Misha owed Jensen for everything, and there was no way he could pay him back.

Jensen cleared his throat, causing Misha to snap out of his reverie and look away. "I got a job offer in Houston," Jensen said, causing Misha to stop suddenly and look hard at him. "It pays well, and they're offering a tuition for the college there. I'm leaving in a week."

"How long have you known about this?" Misha asked softly, unable to keep the pain out of his voice. Jensen couldn't make eye contact with him, letting Misha know that he'd known for a while.

"Two months. I could have graduated early, and left a week after the offer was made, but I told them I wanted to graduate with the rest of my class," Jensen said, meeting Misha's gaze finally, "with you."

Misha wasn't quite sure how he felt about the confession, so he played it off and smiled as warmly as he could. "I'm happy for you, J-Man," he said, positive that his eyes proved that he was breaking on the inside.

"We'll keep in touch," Jensen said, lightly punching Misha in the shoulder. "Promise. We're best friends. Nothing can tear us apart. Not even 700 miles." Misha only nodded, forcing another smile before the both of them continued to head out of the school building.

It wasn't until they stepped outside that Misha realized his sight was blurry from tears.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright, so I decided to redo my Cockles story. I wasn't too proud of the other one.
I hope you enjoy this one. :)

--RSM