Status: In The Works

Pull Me In

7

Zack and I laid curled up together on the couch while old Cops reruns played, Zack had showered and cleaned himself up before he decided to come out of the bathroom and cuddle. I was tempted to text Jimmy and ask him for anything I could get to help Zack. The bruises were now more prominent now that he was showered, he kept his gaze on the television.

I rested a hand against his side and frowned, I wanted to be a better boyfriend and be able to comfort him, but I know that would never fly with Zack. He was too dominant in our relationship to ever let me take the lead and take care of him for once. The house was quiet, Pinkly curled up in her bed to sleep the night away, no doubt the events from earlier had scared her half to death. Hell I had done the same thing, I left when things got too real, I was the reason Zack was curled up into my side with bruises all over him.

“I was thinking about ordering in, is that okay?” I placed my hand gently against Zack's arm, I knew leaving the house was a definite no at this point.

Zack winced and pulled the blanket that was draped over our bodies tighter to his chest.

“That's fine, just order a pizza or something, there's money in my office” Zack sounded so defeated, I felt like a failure to him. Until I realized he was letting me go into his office, I never went in there. Not even if Zack was gone for the day and I knew he would never find out.

I ordered the pizza and went down to his office, the door was intimidating enough being shut, I couldn't imagine what Zack had behind these doors. Icky stayed by the couch to comfort Zack, sighing softly to myself I opened the door. The office seemed very simple, there were some papers scattered about that I assumed were clients he had. I opened the top drawer and jumped back in horror, there were photos of gruesome murder scenes lined up. I shut the drawer quickly and shuttered, I didn't want to think about Zack murdering anyone, even if that was his line of work. Why would he have anything of the sort anyway? Wouldn't he want to keep himself off the radar?

I shook my head and opened the drawer beneath the top one, it was lined with what looked to be velvet, there were a couple wrist watches as well. I didn't want to think about how much even one of them cost, more than how much I made in a year most likely. Shutting that drawer I noticed a small jar on the top of the desk labeled “Will Money”. My heart plummeted, was there a hit out on Zack? Oh god I couldn't bear to think about losing him now, he was all I had left. Except for Jimmy of course, he knew everything about me now. Without knowing about who Zack truly was of course. I grabbed a few dollars from the jar and headed out to the living room, where Zack was now currently asleep. I smiled softly and slid the money into my pocket, I could wait to eat again until he woke up.

~~~~~

I woke up to the sound of my phone ringing on the coffee table, Zack was curled up behind me on the couch. I spared a glance at the clock and groaned, who in the world would be calling me at six in the morning? Someone that definitely isn't sane, that's for sure. I picked up the small device and answered without bothering to check the name.

“Hello?” My voice sounded groggy with sleep, I should've moved to ensure Zack wouldn't wake up, but my brain was still asleep in la la land.
“Brian?” The voice on the other end sent shivers throughout my body, how in the world had Johnny gotten my number? The last time I had even seen him was at the party Zack took me too.
“Uh, yeah?” I didn't really know how to respond to him, why would he be calling in the first place?
“I know it's really early, or late depending on if you've slept or not but” Johnny's voice cut off, the sound of sheets ruffling in the background.
“But what?” I stood up slowly and made my way into the kitchen.
“I shouldn't of called, I'm sorry” Johnny rushed out quickly.
“No! Tell me what's wrong?” I knew this was a bad idea, and yet I had to know why he called.
“Do you remember a man that never showed his face around you back when you worked at the brothel? He paid well and made sure you were always paid in full?” Johnny stammered out quickly.
“Yeah, had some of the best sex with him, why?” I leant against the counter and yawned, I was beginning to question my own sanity.
“That was me” Johnny's voice dipped lower.

He couldn't be serious, there was no way he was being for real. I began to think about those memories, to pick out anything that would point out things about him.

“I told Zack about you, about how great you were in bed, how you were willing to do anything I asked for” he stopped and chuckled, the sound of sheets ruffling began to get louder. Was he getting back into his bed?
“The reason I stopped going was because I developed feelings for you, I had to distance myself so I didn't let love get in the way of my work, of course Zack decided to parade you around at my god damn party” he growled low and sighed. I wouldn't ever forget that party.
“And now you're dating him, god I wished I hadn't been so damn stupid, maybe things would've been different” Johnny sniffed and hung up. The screen lit up as I pulled it away from my ear.

I couldn't tell Zack about the phone call, just like I couldn't try and call Johnny back and tell him about what Matt had done. I had two options in my hands, wake Zack and tell him we needed to leave where Matt wouldn't be able to find us. Or face the problem head on and possibly get killed because of it. The fear was gut wrenching, how could I let myself get into a mess like this?
♠ ♠ ♠
omg it's been so long and this chapter is too damn short
i'm really sorry for the hiatus i've just been so damn busy
but here you go for now!