Status: A long work in progress. I still need Ivanov to get back to me.

Reunion

Bluffing

'No more fucking games, Aldric. Do you want me or not?' She spat.

His expression shifted into one she had thought him incapable of making. Shock, rage, and amusement all vied for dominance.

Then, he laughed in her face.

'What makes you think you can talk to me this way?' He continued to laugh at her, something in him crackled with superiority.

'You did.' Heat lightning cracked across the desert sky and flashed in her eyes.

'Did I? And what makes you say that, babushka?' His good humor was waning. The sadist in him slowly rose to the surface like a monster from the ocean's depths. The sneered smile on his lips stayed, and a glimmer of something terrifying started to shine in his cold eyes.

'I'm worth more than these games you're playing with me. You were gone! For three years! I thought you were dead! And then, you show up in Vegas six months after I moved here. You knew where I was. You knew what I was doing. And you waited for me to find you. What did you expect? That I'd just take a knee and bow my head and let you rip me apart?' Her words flicked at him like lashes from a whip, precise and dangerous in their focus.

He started to speak, a snarl of a smirk on his lips.

'No. You don't get to speak yet.' She grabbed his wrist as he lashed out at her, effectively silencing him in his surprise. His bones felt surprisingly fragile in her grip, 'I've survived without you longer than I lived with you. I'm sure eternity couldn't seem that much longer.' Her voice was cold steel. She tightened her grip on his wrist. When she spoke again, venom dropped from every word.

'Now, you may speak.'

Her mind was closed to him, locked tighter than the crushing grip on his wrist. She was stronger, mentally and physically, than he had left her. The clay had hardened. She was finished, and she was perfect in a way he had never imagined for her. Her eyes burned like cheap whiskey as they met his, and she refused to release his wrist.

"That was unwise, little girl." He warned. Her grip tightened as her eyes blazed. Oh, how she had grown...
♠ ♠ ♠
Gotta get Ivanov back and invested before this can continue. Wish me luck.