Status: A long work in progress. I still need Ivanov to get back to me.

Reunion

After Sparring

Fido found Noel at his battle station in his study. A map of the Las Vegas area was laid out on a large table, with borders and tokens scattered all across its surface. He ignored it as he approached.
Noel didn't bother looking up from his maps.

“You have an idiotic plan, I suppose. Don't you, Hound?” It didn't sound like his sparring had improved his mood at all.

“Her cell phone wasn't in her room. I know you know how to track it. There's no way you wouldn't have something on her tagged.” He walked up to the side of the table and looked down at it, just for something to focus on.

“If she asks you, you found this in her room.”

Noel tossed what looked like a wadded up receipt across the table to Fido, who caught it easily. On the back of the cigarette receipt, was an address. It was written in Nikki's familiar scrawl.

“Did you write this? Or did she?” He asked, looking at the note again.

“You think I've been around this long and didn't pick up a trick or two?”

“Of course you did. But I'm just curious. If she wrote it, it could be a false lead.”

“I wrote it. Benjamin and Claudia ran surveillance. She wasn't as smart as we feared. She's still got her cell phone, and she's still using the car. Between cell towers and traffic cameras, we've been able to piece together every step of her little adventure tonight.”

Fido nodded, putting the crumpled paper into his pocket with the note Nikki had left on her bed for Noel. They crinkled softly against each other.

“Watch yourself, Hound. If it's the real man, he's already dodged death twice.” Noel sighed, “And he has her wrapped around his finger.”

“If he's anything like she's said, he's gonna have to leave her alone sometime.” Noel extended a small metal box with what looked like a radar reading on it in glowing green. Fido took it and put it in the pocket with his cell phone. He left the room without another word, and shortly after, Noel heard him fire up his motorcycle.

Well, Nikki wouldn't be happy about losing him, but there was nothing Noel could do about it.
He went back to his maps, his scowl never leaving his face.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah. Have another chapter I wrote ages ago and never shared. Shit's gonna start getting darker from here on out. Just a warning. Some mutilation in future chapters.