Status: A long work in progress. I still need Ivanov to get back to me.

Reunion

#Toreadorproblems

She came downstairs while the recruits were having breakfast. She picked a newbie, a strong young man with the physique of a strip club bouncer. After her cigarette and his eggs, she lured him upstairs.

While he slept, she brushed the blood from her teeth and wondered what to wear. He didn't seem to mind being used as a table while she deliberated. The recruit slept soundlessly beneath the piles of leather and silk and lace.

What to wear...

There was a particularly lovely satin number that she never had a chance to wear, but this was a confrontation. Not a soiree. Leather would be more practical.

Leather pants. Okay. Combat boots. Of course. Couldn't fight someone in a pair of strappy stilettos... Well, she could, but it would be considerably harder.

Now for the truly hard part.

She wanted to show off the extensive scarification he had carved into her skin. Needed to show it off. But she also needed the protection that thicker clothing would provide. Leather jacket would not only offer that protection, but it would match the pants... And she could shrug it off if things got hectic and she needed the mobility.

And, for luck, the tank top she had been wearing that first night they spoke.

Now, she was unstoppable, and she was ready for war.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yes. This scene was 100% necessary. How many Toreadors do you know that would have an appropriate outfit ready without having to debate internally about it for an hour?