Status: Active

Pack Is Family

Eleven

Sat on the bed in Derek’s room later that night, Madison looked through pictures of Logan on her phone and chuckled as she opened a new picture message from Peter. Hearing the door open, she looked up and smiled as Derek entered.

“Wondered where you had disappeared to, how’s the jaw?” he asked, taking a seat beside her and leaning back against the headboard.

“It’s sore, but I’ll live...”

“Chris wants to come over tomorrow to talk about your mom and how we’re going to handle the situation,” Derek informed her.

“I already know what Chris will suggest.”

“Maybe we can come up with something else, she’s still your mom...”

“No, she isn’t,” Madison mumbled, “She won’t stop until she gets what she wants, which is Logan and that’s not going to happen while I’m alive.”

“Do you really think that she’d kill you to get to him?”

“I didn’t think that she’d lock me away like some modern-day Rapunzel, but she did...”

“That’s true, but there’s a big difference between locking you away and killing you.”

“Not to her there isn’t, she’s already killed in order to keep me from escaping and I honestly don’t think that she sees a difference as long as she gets what she wants in the end.”

Madison didn’t know what her mom was truly capable of, but what she did know was that her behavior was unpredictable and that scared her. She knew that Logan was safe with Peter, but it wasn’t a permanent solution and it wouldn’t stop her mom.

Waking up early the following morning, Madison made coffee and sat outside on the porch to watch the sun rise above the trees. The sound of an engine approaching soon caught her attention and Madison tensed, watching as her mom pulled up to the Hale house.

“Madison,” Kelly greeted, “I’ve come to see my grandson.”

“He’s not here and even if he was, I wouldn’t let you anywhere near him,” Madison replied as she stood up.

“Where is he?”

“That’s none of your concern,” Derek added from behind Madison, joined quickly by Cameron and Isaac, “You are not welcome here, so I suggest that you get back in your car and leave.”

“I’m not going anywhere,” Kelly argued as Chris arrived, climbing out with Allison and Scott.

“What’s going on here?” Chris inquired.

“I just came to pay my grandson a visit...”

Hearing her phone ring in her pocket, Madison retrieved it to see Peter’s name flashing across the screen and answered it.

“Hey, is everything okay?”

‘Yeah, I’ve just arrived back in Beacon Hills,’ Peter informed her.

“What do you mean?” Madison replied with a frown.

‘The text you sent me this morning saying that the coast was clear.’

“I didn’t send you a text...” Madison stated, glancing over at her mom and feeling her blood run cold at the smirk now present on her face, “Come straight to the house.”

Hanging up, Madison felt anger run through her and took a deep breath.

“Problem?” Kelly asked as if she had no clue what was going on.

Peter pulling up interrupted Madison’s reply and she approached the car, retrieving Logan from his car seat with a smile. The pack moved closer as she returned to stand at Derek’s side, cradling Logan in her arms and kissing his head.

“I’m assuming that you’re responsible for the text I received,” Peter accused, sending Kelly a glare and taking his place with the pack.

“Excuse me for not wanting my grandson in the care of a mongrel like you.”

“How did you know that Madison had sent Logan out of town with Peter in the first place?” Chris inquired with a frown.

“I have my ways,” Kelly replied, “You should know that better than anyone, Chris...”

Seeing her mom take a step towards her, Madison tightened her hold on Logan and took a step back as Derek moved to stand in front of her protectively.

“Perhaps you should leave,” Allison suggested with her hand resting on the gun that hung on her hip.

“Madison, why don’t you take Logan inside?” Chris said, earning a reluctant nod from Madison and watching as she made her way into the house.

Settling on the sofa with Logan lying on her legs, Madison removed his coat and nervously glanced over at the door. Pulled from her thoughts by Logan whining, she stood up and gently rocked him as she paced to no avail.

“You’re okay, baby boy,” Madison mumbled, feeling her anxiety peek at not knowing what was going on outside and trying her hardest to keep calm, “Mommy’s got you...”

Noticing the way that Logan settled at the sound of her voice, Madison continued talking to him and relaxed a little as Derek entered the house. She could tell by his body language that her mom was gone, but it did little to ease her mind and she swallowed past the lump that had formed in her throat.

Kissing her head, Derek wrapped his arm around her shoulders and stroked his thumb across Logan’s cheek. She knew that her mom wasn’t going to give up, but Madison had people around her and she knew that they would do everything in their power to protect them both.
♠ ♠ ♠
Happy Reading ♥