Status: Active

Pack Is Family

Four

Once she had calmed down, Madison sat on the sofa with a cup of hot chocolate wrapped in her hands and stared at the blank television screen in front of her to avoid the concerned looks being thrown her way. Hearing Logan start crying, Madison placed her cup on the table without a word and quickly headed upstairs to check on him. She had just finished changing him, when someone knocked gently on the door and she turned around to find Derek watching her from the doorway.

"You can come in," Madison stated, picking Logan up and kissing his head as she turned back to face Derek, "Do you want to hold him?"

Derek hesitated for a few seconds, before nodding his head and moving to stand in front of her with a look of uncertainty on his face. Placing Logan into Derek's arms, Madison sat down on the bed and smiled as Derek stared at their son in awe.

"What name did you choose?" Derek asked, glancing over at Madison and taking a seat beside her.

"Logan Elijah Hale."

"Hale?" Derek added, earning a nod from Madison, "Why not Wright?"

"Even before I knew that I was having a boy, I made the decision that our baby would be a Hale... I want him to be proud of who he is and where he comes from," Madison replied, "I don't want him to look at his name with the same hatred that I do."

Settling Logan in one arm, Derek put his arm around Madison's shoulders and carefully pulled her into his side. They stayed like that for a few minutes, until Logan began whining and Madison went to get him a bottle from the kitchen.

"You look exhausted," Derek commented as she re-entered the bedroom, "Why don't you try to sleep for a bit and I'll sort out Logan?"

"Are you sure?"

"I'm sure," Derek reassured her, "I want to help and be there for the both of you Mads, but I can't do that if you don't trust me."

"I do trust you... will you stay with me?"

"I'm not going anywhere," Derek replied, kissing her head and sitting down next to her as she laid down.

It didn't take her long to drift off into a light sleep, waking up when Derek got up off the bed and following his movements with her eyes as he put Logan in his cot.

"Is he okay?" Madison whispered, knowing that Derek would hear her loud and clear.

"He's fine," Derek told her with a smile, returning to the bed and sitting back down, "How're you feeling?"

"I don't know," Madison mumbled, "I'm happy to be home, but I'm scared Der... I don't want to go back to that."

"You're not going anywhere," Derek promised, putting his arm back around her shoulders, "What happened Mads?"

"I was on my way to tell you that I was pregnant," Madison told him, looking down at her hands and shaking her head in disbelief, "I don't even know how my mum found out, but she did and she got to me before I could get to you."

"Where'd she take you?"

"One of her hunting compounds just outside town," Madison replied, remembering the small room that was her prison and the chain that bound her there, "She locked me in this room and stuck a chain around my ankle to stop me from trying to escape... she said that everything she was doing was for my own good."

"I'm so sorry Mads," Derek whispered into her hair, kissing her head and holding her close as she cried into his chest, "I should have been there for you."

"I was angry at everyone at first," Madison admitted, "I was angry at me, you, the pack, even the sheriff... but I realized after a while that there was only one person that I was truly mad at and that was the woman holding me captive."

"What did she do to you?"

"I don’t want to talk about it..." Madison pleaded as panic began to build in her chest, "Please Der, I'm just not ready."

"Hey," Derek said, lifting her chin with his thumb to look her in the eye, "I'm not going to make you talk about it."

Feeling exhaustion wash over her, Madison curled into Derek's side and allowed the darkness to consume her. It was dark outside, when Madison woke up again and carefully untangled herself from a sleeping Derek.

Heading down to the kitchen, she made herself a cup of coffee and sat at the kitchen table in silence. The last few days had been more than a little overwhelming and she just wished that things would go back to how they were, before her mum kidnapped her. Back then, she knew where she stood with Derek and she was happy.

Now, she had no idea where she stood with Derek and the only thing she could think about was what her mum was planning to do. Madison would die, before allowing her mum anywhere near her little boy and she would die knowing that Logan was safe with the pack... with her family.

The night gradually faded into a new day and Stiles soon joined her, watching as she made breakfast. Scott, Derek, and the sheriff weren't far behind, taking a seat at the table as Madison dished the food up onto plates.

"Are you coming to the pack meeting tonight?" Stiles inquired as they ate, causing Madison to look over at him and shrug.

"You should," Derek added, "I know that Jackson and the others really want to see you, plus it'll be good for you to meet the new betas."

Madison thought about it for a few seconds, before nodding in agreement and noticing the flash of relief that passed through the other's eyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
Happy reading ♥