Status: Active

Pack Is Family

Six

Madison was sitting on the back porch watching Isaac and Derek spar, when a familiar truck pulled up and two of her mom's men climbed out. The wolves immediately stopped as the men approached, holding up their hands in surrender as Derek stepped forward and spoke.

"You're trespassing on private property."

"We're not here to cause trouble," one of the men stated, "We're just here to deliver a message."

"What message would that be?" Derek asked.

"It's not for you," the man replied, shifting his gaze to Madison, "Your mom wants you to hand the boy over to her, do that and nobody needs to get hurt."

"Logan isn't her's to have," Madison mumbled, "I won't hand him over to someone that wants to raise him as a weapon."

"That's not what she wants to do," the man told her, moving closer and freezing when Derek growled in warning, "You're young Madison... too young to understand what's best for that little boy, your mom just wants to give him a life that isn't controlled by the curse of lycanthropy."

"It's not up for discussion, you were sent here to deliver a message and you've done it... now leave," Derek demanded.

"You've got three days, Madison," the hunter warned, before both men headed back to their truck and left.

Staring at where the men had been standing moments before, Madison swallowed nervously and made her way up to Derek's bedroom without a word to anyone. Looking down at her son in her arms, Madison smiled and kissed his head.

"Nobody is going to hurt you," Madison whispered as she sat on the bed, "You're going to grow up surrounded by people that love you, whether you have the werewolf gene or not."

Lying down, Madison settled Logan beside her and watched as he slept peacefully. She had been lying in silence for what felt like hours, when she heard the bedroom door open and looked up to see Derek.

"Hey," Derek said quietly, closing the door and making his way over to the bed, "You okay?"

"I'm scared, Der."

"I know, but everything is going to be okay," Derek promised, slipping off his shoes and laying behind her with his arm wrapped around her waist, "What are you thinking about?"

"I don't want him growing up with the same hatred of werewolves that my mom has... I don't want him to be ashamed if he has the werewolf gene," Madison replied, "I don't want him to hate himself."

"We won't let that happen."

Taking her hand, Derek entwined their fingers and kissed the top of her head as she shifted closer to his warmth.

"Hey Der, do you think that Logan would be safer if we asked Peter to get him out of Beacon Hills?" Madison inquired after a long silence, "Just until we've dealt with my mom."

"I've been thinking the same thing," Derek added, "We'll talk to Peter about it later... get some sleep."

"Der..." Madison started.

"I'm not going anywhere," Derek reassured her, squeezing her hand and Madison allowed her eyes to drift shut.

When she woke up, she found that she was alone and headed downstairs to find Isaac on the sofa with Logan. Smiling as she watched the youngest wolf interact with her son, she went to get some coffee and make herself something to eat.

"I think he needs his diaper changed," came Isaac's voice, causing Madison to look over at him and chuckle at the grimace on his face.

"Do you want to help?"

"Really?"

"Of course, come on."

Leading him into the other room, she motioned for him to lay Logan on the floor and retrieved the changing bag from the pram. Allowing Isaac to change him, Madison instructed him step by step and watched as Isaac concentrated on what he was doing.

"How can so much poop come out of someone so small?" Isaac asked as he finished fastening the fresh diaper.

"I have no idea," Madison replied with a chuckle, getting rid of the dirty diaper and returning to find Logan re-dressed, "You're good with him."

"I always wanted a little brother," Isaac told her with a sad smile.

"Well, Logan is going to need a big brother to look out for him as he grows up," Madison stated, sitting down next to Isaac and leaning back against the sofa, "Stiles told me about everything you've been through..."

"Why would he do that?"

"I wanted to know a bit more about you and Stiles knew that I would understand... I went through the same sort of thing when I was younger with my grandfather," Madison explained, "Even now, I still question my place in the world and feel lonely, even when surrounded by the people I care about. I just... I know I've not been around all that long, but I'm here if you ever need to talk or just need to be around someone who understands."

"Thank you," Isaac whispered.

"Why don't we put Logan in his pram for a nap and you can help me with dinner?" Madison suggested, earning a nod from the young beta and smiling as he placed Logan gently in his pram.

They were chopping vegetables, when Derek came inside and grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge. Glancing over at him, Madison noticed the warm smile he was sending their way and returned it as Isaac asked her a question.
♠ ♠ ♠
Happy reading ♥