Status: for Gypsy Soul

You've Got a Gypsy Soul

one

He liked to just stand and watch her.

Not in a creepy way, he didn’t hide around corners or hope that no one saw him while he stole glances in his peripheral vision. He just sat, out in the open, with a curious expression and his head titled to the side, trying to figure her out.

He was never really a ritual type of guy; in fact, he was quite the opposite. He liked to take a different route home every day just to see new things and he never ordered the same thing at a restaurant just to make sure he had tried everything. So the fact that returned to the same park day after day to watch her was a big deal, something he refused to voice to himself, let alone anyone else.

She was standing in the middle of the park, trees growing up around her and flowers underneath. Her blonde flowed down her back, intertwined with yellow and white daisies that peaked through ever so slightly. Her white dress was swaying in the wind and brushed against her legs as she walked, and he could hear her voice, melodies floating up with the wind and rushing towards his ears.

He realized that he had been staring for what felt like an eternity and looked down at the grass below him, picking at the blades that gathered beneath him. He liked the feeling of them between his fingers, the way that they gently tickled his skin. He could feel the heat from the sun on top of his shaggy brown hair, until suddenly a dark shadow followed by a cool chill washed over him.

“Do you always stalk people or am I just special?”

He looked up to see her standing over him, her hair hanging down just above his face and a curious expression on her face that was attempting, and failing, to hide a smile. He scrambled to his feet and brushed himself off, the pigment in his skin gaining a pinkish tinge.

"I promise I'm not a creeper."