Scandal in the House of Titan

One Step Ahead

Jack’s POV

Help me

“Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck,” I shout, scrambling up from the couch. Stephen is by himself on the back porch. He and I had discussed what had happened between David and I. He was visibly heartbroken and had absolutely every right to be. It crushed me to see him so sad, but I also knew he had to know. After all he has done for me, I owe him to own up to my massive fuck-up. I can’t express how grateful I am for how calmly he is handling it, though.

I open the sliding door. He turns around slowly. He’s been crying. My chest tightens, my own tears threatening to form. I hold out my phone. He sees all the texts I have sent David and the two word response. His face turns pale. “We have to go,” he says quietly. I am shocked that he wants to be involved in this. “I’ll drive separately. You get moving right now”. I nod and shove my feet into the nearest pair of flip flops and run out to my car. I trust that Stephen has some sort of reason as to why he is coming along and driving separately. He is always two steps ahead of me. Of course all I can think about now is what happened to David. I don’t even take the time to respond, which I know I will regret in retrospect, but I am sure being there in person will mean more than a short text.

I’m definitely speeding and hoping to God and all his friends that I don’t get pulled over. My heart is pounding so hard I can feel my shirt moving against my chest. I didn’t even know that was possible. I get to David’s building and slam the breaks in the first parking spot I reach. I run up to the door and knock loudly, after a few seconds I try the knob and push the door open.

“Oh my god!” I cry, my stomach threatening to expel what little food was left in it.
♠ ♠ ♠
These next few chapters are all pretty heavy.
Hello, new subscribers!
Let me know what you think, please.